FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest Christyl
2 hours ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

My Chief just busted me...he figured out who I am on this forum and saw that I've been talking about him!

:lol:

Ohhh I want to see what your season is going to look like:D

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
1 minute ago, Tony said:

It really is, I had to go back to that post for a second laugh. IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW), I was laughing with you, not at you!!

:5278:

I was sending him my daily 0530 text barrage about the results, and he said:  "Why don't you ask your friends at navyadvancement.com?"  I thought he maybe just knew about the site, until he starting quoting my posts!

Just now, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

I was sending him my daily 0530 text barrage about the results, and he said:  "Why don't you ask your friends at navyadvancement.com?"  I thought he maybe just knew about the site, until he starting quoting my posts!

I can't breathhhhhhhhhh

:graphics-3d-smileys-177509:

Guest Mestizo68

Just got confirmation from Reserve Forces MC Mitchell at CNRFC saying...."It's currently on CNP's desk for signature. They are hopeful for tomorrow or most likely next week."

Thats all I know.

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)

Ohhh I want to see what your season is going to look like:D

I'm pretty sure that if I make it, all my other Chiefs will come out of retirement! 

8 minutes ago, Mestizo68 said:

Just got confirmation from Reserve Forces MC Mitchell at CNRFC saying...."It's currently on CNP's desk for signature. They are hopeful for tomorrow or most likely next week."

Thats all I know.

You're my fav person with that news

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mestizo68 said:

Thats all I know.

Thanks much for that intel Mestizo68 

Guest PSjg78
1 hour ago, ETC(EXW/SW) said:

ill second that motion!

Omg I can't this is the funniest thing I've heard all week ..

Guest SeaBeeDoc

Evidently there were some administrative errors with the FTS board, at least this is the latest intel I received from one of the Chiefs here, thus the reason for the wait.

Guest ETC(EXW/SW)
4 minutes ago, OSC (SW/AW) said:

It's good to take some time before results come out but use the majority of the time to spend with your family. The season is designed and tailored to get you where you need to be. I'm not saying don't do it but don't make it a priority these next 2 weeks. Best of luck to everyone.

Great advice, none of us would get this far without the support at home, make sure you thank them and spend the time with them to show just how much you appreciate everything they sacrifice for a career in the Navy. They are your number one fan and can make the process a little less stressful if they know they are not forgotten when the season starts.

Guest ¡Viva!

Ok, got the notification that evals are due Aug 1st to SEA.  I have a question that I could not figure out.  How do you determine if the closing and opening statements are centered?  I tried centering them in Word, but when I pasted them back, it kept on going back to align left.

Guest ETC(EXW/SW)

I have never worried about centering opening and closings, especially if they are more than one line. It can be a waste of space and doesn't mean much except the style of writing your chain of command may want, that being said the only way I can think of is using tab and space bar to center it manually.

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)

ETC is pretty much correct, but if you have a lot to put in the body, it can rob you of geography on the page that you might need elsewhere

Guest ETC(EXW/SW)
1 minute ago, papasmurf said:

what a bunch of horse crap does my butt stink or what?!? Holy mother of pearl, wait and pause as I go take a shower - will be right back (curtsy exit left), i feel like this a complete failure on their part

Remember the old navy saying.... "hurry up and wait".  The line starts on the left, keep telling my Sailors that the Navy is bring back more tradition, so get in line and don't lean on the bulkheads!  BBb)

Guest NavyPride34

So my Senior Chief told me that the Chief's Mess is expecting the Active Duty results next week and my DIVO told me that another Officer friend of hers said that the Triad should have the results on Thursday 27JUL.  We shall see...

Guest SeaBeeDoc
1 hour ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

Evidently there were some administrative errors with the FTS board, at least this is the latest intel I received from one of the Chiefs here, thus the reason for the wait. I also just heard from my Senior Chief that the FTS results are coming out the same time as the AD results, which is actually ok with me because I really don't want to be starting my season any earlier than the rest in my command. That happen to one of the reserve students last year and I hear she was miserable because all the focus was on her for an entire month while awaiting the AD results.

Guest SeaBeeDoc
6 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

well at this point the Get underway! In the offing knoweth ye that hand over fist I will fight hard & fast! So batten down the hatches because between the devil and the deep blue sea I will deliver more than a shot across the bow! (You big dummy) results will come out the same time as FTS/SELRES 

I was just told the same thing from my Senior Chief :D