FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest GoNavy88
5 minutes ago, iamthewalrus016 said:

Looks like you have a lot to me... But I don't know jack. I hope you aren't a Corpsman cause I don't want to compete against that lol

lol, you Corpsman are a different breed!  Aint no body want to compete with the most decorated rate!!!   

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
15 minutes ago, GoNavy88 said:

While I am pretty confident I will not get selected first time up with my most recent transfer eval having a closing statement, "Promote to Chief when ready."  I am curious whether or not this will add another 3-5 years to consider for SSP.  The transfer eval only covers for 5 months so it's really been bugging me.  I have an associate, MOVSM, JPME, PME, BPME, IPME and BMR for CPO as well as all the required NRTCs for my rate.  My eval write up arent too bad either, I've captured my Sailors succeeding and positions served as MWR, CPO 365, DAPA, ACFL, Sponsorship Coordinator and ESO. 

Here are my 5 years break down.

E6 Evals

Transfer EP    4.57                           R/S 3.93        1/2 TRF

Periodic EP    4.57                            R/S 3.99        no breakout, but we had 139 E6s

Frocked MP   3.86                            R/S  4.00        

E5 EP            4.71                             R/S 4.00    breakout 6 out of 30

E5 EP            5.00                             R/S 4.35    breakout 1 out of 25

E5 MP           4.00                             R/S 4.11    

I got a welcome aboard P in 2014 (only being on board for 2 months), a below r/s and my closing statement was "recommend for retention and advancement."  Mine's worst than yours. Haha! But my last two closings (2015 and 2016) were pretty strong.  I hope the board knows I was only on board for 2 months in 2014 (welcome aboard p) because that closing statement is awful! 

Guest HI_IT
5 hours ago, AME1 said:

10 years ago I got a 1 of 1 frocked MP, and the following year I got a 4.0 P.  Since I was transferring in January the OIC was nice enough to do a letter of extension to make it my transfer eval.  Now as for your 1 or 1 MP.  I think it depends on the write up.  Did they in the write up have justification for it being a MP instead of the usual out the door EP?

There was nothing in the write up about it.  Just a normal MP write up.  I later found out that a few other 1st's also got MP's out the door.  The department head who signed it (and the others) went on to get early command of a PC and got fired for misconduct.  Maybe I should have submitted that to the board.  haha

8 hours ago, iamthewalrus016 said:

Looks like you have a lot to me... But I don't know jack. I hope you aren't a Corpsman cause I don't want to compete against that lol

The CO with the 4.35 average could ruin some careers with such a high average. Hard to believe a 4.29 will be below the average.

Guest BOATSNUGGYD
20 minutes ago, Christyl said:

Any FTS/SELRES hear anything about the results coming out today? I hope you get the "s"!!!!

I heard the timeline should be out today

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)
9 hours ago, GoNavy88 said:

While I am pretty confident I will not get selected first time up with my most recent transfer eval having a closing statement, "Promote to Chief when ready."  

That is a weak closing statement, but for your first time up it may be enough, you never know. Fingers crossed for all of us

Guest navyordie123

Good luck to all FTS/SELRES. Hope y'all get the answers that y'all have been waiting for! Hope to see a lot of people saying they got the S soon. 

Guest PSjg78
44 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Good luck to all FTS/SELRES. Hope y'all get the answers that y'all have been waiting for! Hope to see a lot of people saying they got the S soon. 

Hopefully that timeline is put out today !!! Results tomorrow to the TRIAD would be GREAT

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
20 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

Hopefully that timeline is put out today !!! Results tomorrow to the TRIAD would be GREAT

I have official confirmation from my Chief that he's sick and tired of me pestering him every five minutes for the last month about the results.

Guest PSjg78
2 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

I have official confirmation from my Chief that he's sick and tired of me pestering him every five minutes for the last month about the results.

to funny my Chief went on leave til Thursday haahha he said results come out you will hear from me don't call me hahahah

Guest navyordie123

So with the AD board adjourning early, does any one think that the AD results will be released early or at the same time as normal?

Guest Christyl
1 minute ago, navyordie123 said:

So with the AD board adjourning early, does any one think that the AD results will be released early or at the same time as normal?

I think the same time! Only due to season being 6 weeks long. They have a whole thing with phase two and a time line that goes with it! 

Guest HawkISback

I have intel from a very reliable source that the list was intercepted by the Russians on the way to CNP and because of this everyone has to retake the test.  Hmmm k.  

Guest NVYPS

So I heard most likely the FTS results won't be released until next week CNP is away on travel until Thursday and they don't release the list on Fridays

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
1 minute ago, NVYPS said:

So I heard most likely the FTS results won't be released until next week CNP is away on travel until Thursday and they don't release the list on Fridays

This is one of those "shoot the messenger" situations.  If you're right, even though you have no control over the situation, it's totally your fault!

Guest PSjg78
4 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

This is one of those "shoot the messenger" situations.  If you're right, even though you have no control over the situation, it's totally your fault!

OMG another week I will go NUTS... hahahaha this is insane... but if you are right yes its your fault hahhaha

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
Just now, papasmurf said:

Yeah i do not believe your version of reality and submit my own in its place, results to triad tomorrow and public Thursday.... 

Headcannon accepted!

Guest Christyl
4 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

What's everyone doing to keep their minds occupied?

I am off work, so watching Price is right! I am AD so I have two weeks before results (I am guessing Aug 1st for triad). 

Guest NVYPS
40 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

Lol 

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)
9 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

FIRES and TARGETING for TS-17...

Guest Mestizo68
13 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

FPEX Drills. Duty on the ship. 

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)
11 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

That sounds awesome!

It's not so bad, we (C3F) participate in Talisman Saber on alternate years of RIMPAC. I am used to PRCC so this is new, but it's definitely interesting and a good box on my check off list

Guest PSjg78
16 minutes ago, Mestizo68 said:

FPEX Drills. Duty on the ship. 

Hmmmmmm a whole lot of calming my brain down.... Im over tasking myself to try and stay busy!