FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest PSjg78
8 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

Stay motivated, I am ready to close this chapter either way.  

Totally !!!! Lets see if a timeline will be posted today !!! That would be GREAT!

Guest ETC(EXW/SW)

I know you all are chomping at the bit for results, trust me so are all the Chiefs. No words of wisdom of why or for what reason the delay may be occurring, as those would be to far and wide to cover here. Stay the course and remember that you all may want the results so you can move on, some want them just so they can get the next exam cycle material to start their preps early for the exam to sit here and wait next year. We go through the same thing every year on some point or another, "the results are never on time, or early enough". Then we turn around and the season is too long or "when will it be over?" seems to start being voiced. Over the years we have all heard the nightmare stories of Sailors being notified that they were Selected and it be false and the heartache that brings afterwards. I rather the results be delayed and get it right, than to hear of one of these stories that a Sailor had to go through false notification.

Someone tell NAC they can't post anything else until they post the result schedule. Heart skips a beat every time I see a post from them. 

Guest HawkISback
23 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

Someone tell NAC they can't post anything else until they post the result schedule. Heart skips a beat every time I see a post from them. 

Right. They are talking about next year already.  Sheesh.  

Guest ChiefDevilDoc
1 minute ago, HawkISback said:

Right. They are talking about next year already.  Sheesh.  

As soon as I saw that post the first thought I had was, "oh snap, people are about to freak out on NAC....."

Guest TRON828

Baseball and soon football will start up.. Any Miami Dolphin fans in here??:D

Talking football definitely takes the mind off...I mean I totally forgot ive

been waiting for weeks for results !!!!! :ph34r:

Guest Christyl
1 minute ago, TRON828 said:

I am at TPU waiting to meet the ship on deployment... So i understand. I have way too much time to think about results. I am lucky to have the calm before the storm. I will report right before or right after results, so I will be in INDOC when results are out! HAHa. I hope to be going through phase 2 also! 

Guest Christyl
3 minutes ago, TRON828 said:

I am a KC Chiefs fan! Midwest girl!

Guest BOATSNUGGYD
7 hours ago, Christyl said:
13 minutes ago, Tony said:

Server reboot in T minus five minutes

Where u get that info

Guest HM8432

Hello again everyone. Figured I might as well sign in and go through the shared suffering we experience this time of year. Luckily going through SRF-B is keeping me occupied. Good luck to all! 

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)

BUPERS is still running strong, so doubt today is the day :rolleyes:

On the down side however, I met with the CMC for C3F and he looked over my package and evals...and he didn't paint a rosy picture. They place a HIGH emphasis on your triat scores vs the commanders avg and most of my evals (almost all MP and EP) were at or below the avg. I had an EP that was below the avg and he said that is a real red flag to the board...so I guess better luck for me next year. He DID explain the importance of fighting for your score to be above the avg, which I never really paid attention to in the past. Not a bad discussion, but I will start looking at next year, especially with the quotas being so bad this year...

Guest CTRC(IW/SW/AW)
16 hours ago, Christyl said:

I had a good year this year, however I failed a PRT three years ago, so i don't know if that will cancel out this year or not :/ I am hoping it is less of a hit because it was 3 years ago! Anyone make Chief with a PRT failure?

I understand how having a negative in your record can be disheartening. I had a NJP that was at 4 years and 10 months when I was selected. My advancement was put on hold because of it too. Having negatives in your record makes it hard, but it's all about what you do afterwards. You are at a disadvantage to those that don't have any, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. It just matters who is sitting the board and what those folks that you are going up against have done. Good luck!

Guest Christyl
12 minutes ago, CTRC(IW/SW/AW) said:

I understand how having a negative in your record can be disheartening. I had a NJP that was at 4 years and 10 months when I was selected. My advancement was put on hold because of it too. Having negatives in your record makes it hard, but it's all about what you do afterwards. You are at a disadvantage to those that don't have any, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. It just matters who is sitting the board and what those folks that you are going up against have done. Good luck!

Thank you Chief! The failure was me coming off of a foot surgery, and that was documented in my eval, so maybe that will help! Then I went on to become the Command CFL. I HATE the zero defect Navy mentality. Its not realistic. I think we are getting away from it but there are people who believe that. I have been told it is a 5 year wait when you get a PRT failure and I hope that I can prove them wrong. 

No matter what, I will take it and move on. I will keep my head up and working hard, not for the rank but for my own pride in my work. 

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
16 minutes ago, Christyl said:

When do you'll think AD will release the results. I am voting 1 August to commands and 2 August NAVADMIN! 

I concur. August 1 triad release, August 2 navadmin.

Guest Mestizo68
51 minutes ago, OS1(SW/EXW) said:

On the down side however, I met with the CMC for C3F and he looked over my package and evals...and he didn't paint a rosy picture. They place a HIGH emphasis on your triat scores vs the commanders avg and most of my evals (almost all MP and EP) were at or below the avg. I had an EP that was below the avg and he said that is a real red flag to the board...so I guess better luck for me next year. He DID explain the importance of fighting for your score to be above the avg, which I never really paid attention to in the past. Not a bad discussion, but I will start looking at next year, especially with the quotas being so bad this year...

what was your trait average vs r/s average for the past five years? I'm curious because your evals were MP and up? Did you not meet or exceed the reporting seniors average amongst your peers?

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009

I'm curious to know how the board sees or grades when it comes to individual summary averages to r/s cumulative averages. I understand they look at the past 5 years (and longer if need be), but to get over that hump and hopefully get that S, do you have to be above or at r/s avg 5 years straight or can you be above or at r/s avg 3 out of the 5 years?  I've always been curious.  For instance:

1. 2013 - at r/s
  2. 2014 - above r/s (transfer)
  3. 2014 - below r/s (welcome aboard p)
  4. 2015 - above r/s
  5. 2016 - above r/s

Yay or nay?

Guest HawkISback
1 hour ago, OS1(SW/EXW) said:

I think not having a rosy picture is sometimes good. I know people always post to stay positive, however realism is key.  It can be painful when we think this is it I'm there. But in either case good luck   .  

No matter what your rank is you cannot stop improving yourself. A lot of "leaders" do and they come off as hypocrites.  I try and learn something everyday whether professionally or personally. 

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)
1 hour ago, Mestizo68 said:

what was your trait average vs r/s average for the past five years? I'm curious because your evals were MP and up? Did you not meet or exceed the reporting seniors average amongst your peers?

added below