Jump to content


Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal


Tony

FY18 Chief Selection Board

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

NavySAR

Deepsea, I quoted your stat post from last year and updated it for this one :5201:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

navyordie123
22 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

I'm pretty surprised this hasn't picked up yet! Maybe in a week or so when we are a little closer :)

I know right, I agree with you. It's gonna pick up once the board adjourns and the FTS results come out.  And then when the next week rolls around the guessing is really gonna start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
1 minute ago, navyordie123 said:

 Didn't think that gator was still in commission. 

Oh she's still going strong and she's got plenty of life left in her. 

AO's quotas are looking very good this year. A big spike from last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
navyordie123
Just now, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

Oh she's still going strong and she's got plenty of life left in her. 

AO's quotas are looking very good this year. A big spike from last year.

Oh definitely a bigger jump. I feel a little better when I saw the quotas but always gonna have that negative side to it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
navyordie123
2 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

Oh she's still going strong and she's got plenty of life left in her. 

AO's quotas are looking very good this year. A big spike from last year.

How you feeling about your quotas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
16 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

How you feeling about your quotas?

We were at 18% last year, now this year 19%.  I felt real confident last year, but I got that "N".   So this year, I got my SEJPME, MOVSM and ATTWO qual, so hopefully those helps.  I also found out I had 8 duplicates in my OMPF from different documents so I'm hoping that was what killed my chances last year because my OMPF is now good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BOATSNUGGYD

I'm hoping this week we get some loving news for the fts. BM for life!!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
navyordie123
20 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

We were at 18% last year, now this year 19%.  I felt real confident last year, but I got that "N".   So this year, I got my SEJPME, MOVSM and ATTWO qual, so hopefully those helps.  I also found out I had 8 duplicates in my OMPF from different documents so I'm hoping that was what killed my chances last year because my OMPF is now good to go.

Sounds like you did a lot more this year and it should help that you got your record cleaned up. Hope you get the S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
Just now, navyordie123 said:

Sounds like you did a lot more this year and it should help that you got your record cleaned up. Hope you get the S

Thanks. I hope you get the S as well. I was pulling for you since last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
navyordie123
5 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

Thanks. I hope you get the S as well. I was pulling for you since last year.

Thanks I really appreciate that.  it means a lot, good luck to you brother and if you need anything just let me know. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christyl

How is SOY factored in on the board? Does it matter the level? Just curious how they look at it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christyl
31 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Its favored, and when its from a bigger command or higher echelon it looks better. A SOY is the command saying "this sailor is our best", which is what the precepts says they look for verbatim. So if someone is a SOY over say... 30 other FCPOs, then they will have a better grading than someone who makes SOY over 5. 

I had a good year this year, however I failed a PRT three years ago, so i don't know if that will cancel out this year or not :/ I am hoping it is less of a hit because it was 3 years ago! Anyone make Chief with a PRT failure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LSHARP
6 hours ago, Christyl said:

I had a good year this year, however I failed a PRT three years ago, so i don't know if that will cancel out this year or not :/ I am hoping it is less of a hit because it was 3 years ago! Anyone make Chief with a PRT failure?

I've seen people make it with a prt failure even better if you can become acfl of cfl after the failure or if you've been getting excellents or better submit your prims in your LTB and explain what you've done to overcome the failure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christyl
1 hour ago, LSHARP said:

I've seen people make it with a prt failure even better if you can become acfl of cfl after the failure or if you've been getting excellents or better submit your prims in your LTB and explain what you've done to overcome the failure. 

I did go on to be the command CFL. Same advice my Chief's gave me. 

Pretty sure at this point I'm just over thinking just about everything. 

I felt better before I started reading all these post compulsively haha. Everyone has a dang MOVSM, cured cancer, saved the Navy, and 3 degrees.  In all seriousness, I realize just how talented and successful sailors are these days! I hate the saying it's not good enough to just be good at your job, well it is/was until everyone raised the bar. We did it to ourselves honestly! 

I really should let it go, results are in a week and there's nothing I can do differently. Just nervous/ excited, ready to move on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christyl

IMG_0692.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LSHARP
2 minutes ago, Christyl said:

I did go on to be the command CFL. Same advice my Chief's gave me. 

Pretty sure at this point I'm just over thinking just about everything. 

I felt better before I started reading all these post compulsively haha. Everyone has a dang MOVSM, cured cancer, saved the Navy, and 3 degrees.  In all seriousness, I realize just how talented and successful sailors are these days! I hate the saying it's not good enough to just be good at your job, well it is/was until everyone raised the bar. We did it to ourselves honestly! 

I really should let it go, results are in a week and there's nothing I can do differently. Just nervous/ excited, ready to move on. 

lol I'm in the same boat stellar record, 7 NECs,  diverse duty stations, impact on command and Sailors documented but no MOVSM or degree. Would suck if that's my undoing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BOATSNUGGYD
Just now, Christyl said:

IMG_0692.JPG

Fts guys have crows picking our bones

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christyl
1 minute ago, BOATSNUGGYD said:

Fts guys have crows picking our bones

I cant believe how long you all have been waiting (FTS)! That's insane! Last year the NAVADMIN came out 30 June, so I would be losing my mind too if our results don't come out next week! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HawkISback

I saw NACs Facebook page, so many people asking for status update on reserve/fts results.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TRON828

I saw and read those post to Hawk.. haha.. they have a YouTube video of Reserve Force Master Chief Mitchell June 29th 2017 saying congrats to the Selectees... LMAO.. someone posted that video to early...    :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HawkISback

I think like if they gave the timeline a lot of drama could be avoided.  Even if the timeline changes they could just update it already no the way. I just want the waiting to be over. I went in last year thinking that I had it in the bag, this year I'm thinking that it is a remote chance to get the elusive S. The think that really threw me off was that HYT change, I was making my plans for post navy life.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mestizo68
32 minutes ago, TRON828 said:

I saw and read those post to Hawk.. haha.. they have a YouTube video of Reserve Force Master Chief Mitchell June 29th 2017 saying congrats to the Selectees... LMAO.. someone posted that video to early...    :P

Gotta link to that video?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TRON828

CJ Mitchell CPO 365 06 29 2017

search in YouTube 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HawkISback

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HawkISback

Sorry tony if YouTube is no go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online



  • Announcements

    • Tony

      Registration Validation Email

      01/09/2018

      There is still an issue where people registering do not receive the validation email once they sign up on this forum. If you do not receive and respond to the validation email, it will not allow you to become a member. Please check your spam boxes or ask your IT for assistance and whitelist NavyAdvancement.com if you are able to do so.  This is the message I see: "Member has not yet responded to registration validation email."
  • Collisions at Sea   27 members have voted

    1. 1. Do you believe a higher operational tempo worldwide is contributing to more accidents at sea?


      • Yes
      • No

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic
  • Popular Contributors

    1. 1
      osiris0107
      osiris0107
      2
    2. 2
      Tarheel PR
      Tarheel PR
      1
    3. 3
      CTN1(IW/FMF)
      CTN1(IW/FMF)
      1
    4. 4
      AME1
      AME1
      1
    5. 5
      Tony
      Tony
      1
×