FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest navyordie123
20 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

We were at 18% last year, now this year 19%.  I felt real confident last year, but I got that "N".   So this year, I got my SEJPME, MOVSM and ATTWO qual, so hopefully those helps.  I also found out I had 8 duplicates in my OMPF from different documents so I'm hoping that was what killed my chances last year because my OMPF is now good to go.

Sounds like you did a lot more this year and it should help that you got your record cleaned up. Hope you get the S

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
Just now, navyordie123 said:

Sounds like you did a lot more this year and it should help that you got your record cleaned up. Hope you get the S

Thanks. I hope you get the S as well. I was pulling for you since last year.

Guest navyordie123
5 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

Thanks. I hope you get the S as well. I was pulling for you since last year.

Thanks I really appreciate that.  it means a lot, good luck to you brother and if you need anything just let me know. 

Guest Christyl
31 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Its favored, and when its from a bigger command or higher echelon it looks better. A SOY is the command saying "this sailor is our best", which is what the precepts says they look for verbatim. So if someone is a SOY over say... 30 other FCPOs, then they will have a better grading than someone who makes SOY over 5. 

I had a good year this year, however I failed a PRT three years ago, so i don't know if that will cancel out this year or not :/ I am hoping it is less of a hit because it was 3 years ago! Anyone make Chief with a PRT failure?

6 hours ago, Christyl said:

I had a good year this year, however I failed a PRT three years ago, so i don't know if that will cancel out this year or not :/ I am hoping it is less of a hit because it was 3 years ago! Anyone make Chief with a PRT failure?

I've seen people make it with a prt failure even better if you can become acfl of cfl after the failure or if you've been getting excellents or better submit your prims in your LTB and explain what you've done to overcome the failure. 

Guest Christyl
1 hour ago, LSHARP said:

I've seen people make it with a prt failure even better if you can become acfl of cfl after the failure or if you've been getting excellents or better submit your prims in your LTB and explain what you've done to overcome the failure. 

I did go on to be the command CFL. Same advice my Chief's gave me. 

Pretty sure at this point I'm just over thinking just about everything. 

I felt better before I started reading all these post compulsively haha. Everyone has a dang MOVSM, cured cancer, saved the Navy, and 3 degrees.  In all seriousness, I realize just how talented and successful sailors are these days! I hate the saying it's not good enough to just be good at your job, well it is/was until everyone raised the bar. We did it to ourselves honestly! 

I really should let it go, results are in a week and there's nothing I can do differently. Just nervous/ excited, ready to move on. 

2 minutes ago, Christyl said:

I did go on to be the command CFL. Same advice my Chief's gave me. 

Pretty sure at this point I'm just over thinking just about everything. 

I felt better before I started reading all these post compulsively haha. Everyone has a dang MOVSM, cured cancer, saved the Navy, and 3 degrees.  In all seriousness, I realize just how talented and successful sailors are these days! I hate the saying it's not good enough to just be good at your job, well it is/was until everyone raised the bar. We did it to ourselves honestly! 

I really should let it go, results are in a week and there's nothing I can do differently. Just nervous/ excited, ready to move on. 

lol I'm in the same boat stellar record, 7 NECs,  diverse duty stations, impact on command and Sailors documented but no MOVSM or degree. Would suck if that's my undoing. 

Guest Christyl
1 minute ago, BOATSNUGGYD said:

Fts guys have crows picking our bones

I cant believe how long you all have been waiting (FTS)! That's insane! Last year the NAVADMIN came out 30 June, so I would be losing my mind too if our results don't come out next week! 

Guest TRON828

I saw and read those post to Hawk.. haha.. they have a YouTube video of Reserve Force Master Chief Mitchell June 29th 2017 saying congrats to the Selectees... LMAO.. someone posted that video to early...    :P

Guest HawkISback

I think like if they gave the timeline a lot of drama could be avoided.  Even if the timeline changes they could just update it already no the way. I just want the waiting to be over. I went in last year thinking that I had it in the bag, this year I'm thinking that it is a remote chance to get the elusive S. The think that really threw me off was that HYT change, I was making my plans for post navy life.  

Guest Mestizo68
32 minutes ago, TRON828 said:

I saw and read those post to Hawk.. haha.. they have a YouTube video of Reserve Force Master Chief Mitchell June 29th 2017 saying congrats to the Selectees... LMAO.. someone posted that video to early...    :P

Gotta link to that video?

Guest PSjg78

Well BOL is still up, if we don't hear a timline by COB tomorrow I will assume it wont be this week either .... #standingbytostandby #stayingmotivated

Guest HawkISback
1 minute ago, PSjg78 said:

Well BOL is still up, if we don't hear a timline by COB tomorrow I will assume it wont be this week either .... #standingbytostandby #stayingmotivated

That's a lot of standing. :(

Guest PSjg78
1 minute ago, HawkISback said:

That's a lot of standing. :(

hahhahaha I know but we have to stay optimistic !!!!! NLT Wednesday Im hoping we know our fate :)

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
34 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

I think like if they gave the timeline a lot of drama could be avoided.  Even if the timeline changes they could just update it already no the way. I just want the waiting to be over. I went in last year thinking that I had it in the bag, this year I'm thinking that it is a remote chance to get the elusive S. The think that really threw me off was that HYT change, I was making my plans for post navy life.  

I feel you brother.  I thought I had it in the bag last year as well.  I got that N.  Then I come to find out, my OMPF was all jacked up.  It's fixed now, but we shall see.

1 hour ago, HawkISback said:

Sorry tony if YouTube is no go. 

Youtube is good to go as long as it's related, thanks Hawk.

Guest HawkISback
2 hours ago, PSjg78 said:

hahhahaha I know but we have to stay optimistic !!!!! NLT Wednesday Im hoping we know our fate :)

Stay motivated, I am ready to close this chapter either way.