FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest ChiefDevilDoc

Wanted to share something with you all in hopes that it tames the anxiety and curbs the rumors. I have a HMCS that I am close with and we had a lengthy conversation this morning concerning the results coming out. He states that there are a number of factors that could be responsible for the delay but there has been zero discussion on anything crazy like (ie:board was compromised, waiting to post with AD results, etc) He believes that it is simply the fact that the Admiral that bottom lines the selections has been out of pocket. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, take this with a grain of salt but I wanted to share since I was starting to see some wild rumors starting to circulate around. I am rowing the same boat as y'all and I'll just have to work on my patience. Good luck to everyone!

Guest PSjg78
2 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

yup it is not working for me either

I tried a couple times and couldn't get in so who knows I thought it was just my computer so this makes me feel good... there is a glimpse of something is going on hahah

Guest PSjg78
37 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

yeah never mind i got in and last years crap still there

yeah I got in finally and still old stuff up

Guest navyordie123

Since the FTS are guessing days for release. Let's start a guessing game for AD release. I'll say the 4th of August. Would put it right at 6 weeks, if we stay with tradition. 

Guest PSjg78
8 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

Since the FTS are guessing days for release. Let's start a guessing game for AD release. I'll say the 4th of August. Would put it right at 6 weeks, if we stay with tradition. 

If we stay with tradition ... this year seems pretty untraditional for FTS but I do think like you hahah gooo Aug 4

Guest navyordie123
26 minutes ago, OS1(SW/EXW) said:

If we stay with "tradition", I will be submitting again next year :huh:

Ok, so not all traditions then just the 6 week time period. 

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)

Last year, results were posted at the end of June, so here we sit, waiting day after day...maybe today will be our day!

Guest SWSeabee

I'm thinking board activities (start and end dates) being a week later this year, the 4th, and the new security measures caused the "delay," but hopefully next week.

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
14 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

I say AD triad release will be August 1st or 2nd.

Guest navyordie123
7 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

I say AD triad release will be August 1st or 2nd.

Who knows what's gonna happen this year but those dates just seem a couple days too early but I guess we will find out. 

Guest laurar06
24 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Who knows what's gonna happen this year but those dates just seem a couple days too early but I guess we will find out. 

I seem to remember it being around the 4th and 5th since I've been interested. I hope it's the 1st or 2nd though because I'll be visiting my bf those days and I might get to find out from him in person. :-)

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
36 minutes ago, laurar06 said:

I seem to remember it being around the 4th and 5th since I've been interested. I hope it's the 1st or 2nd though because I'll be visiting my bf those days and I might get to find out from him in person. :-)

Last year, AD triad results came out on August 2 (Tuesday).  I'm sure it's gonna be the same this year! I just know it!!!!! Haha!

Guest laurar06
Just now, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

Last year, AD triad results came out on August 2 (Tuesday).  I'm sure it's gonna be the same this year! I just know it!!!!! Haha!

Lol. Fingers crossed.

Guest navyordie123

Well here is to a probably a quiet weekend on here. FTS quietly awaiting results and hope that its this week for y'all , Good Luck to y'all and the AD board is supposed to adjourn this week so Good Luck to all the AD as well. 

Guest TRON828

Yah.. ready for this all to end.. they already have the NAVADMIN out for the test in January. Hahha.. ready to quit shuffling my schedule and everyone else's... btw.. 12 week notice out for you all doing PRT September.. ready for that EXCELLENT...:D hahah.. #ONCEAYEARPRT

Guest DeepseaSeabee

Im guessing first week in August for AD. Good luck to everyone. 7th time up for me. My past five years are promising. 

All evals above the COs average. LPO of a dive locker 2014-2015. SOY in 2015 with number 1 EP. Navy Comm in 2016. AOIC of a detachment for 16 & 17. Associates, JPME, PPME and MOVSM. All of my crew members qualified to their NECs. 1 MAP. 3 SOQs. We'll see. Quotas for my rate are 6 out of 101. Fingers are crossed.