FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest SeaBeeDoc
1 hour ago, SansMor81 said:

If results do come out might be tomorrow as its in the middle of the week. Wednesday notification goes to Triad, Thursday results gets released to all hands, and Friday the profile sheet hits NSIPS usually takes 2-3 days to get there. Who knows at this point. 

That was my original guess, then I got all excited thinking it might be today.

Guest SeaBeeDoc
2 minutes ago, sailormoon said:

One team one fight last I heard.

Having been REGNAV, then a drilling reservist and now FTS, I have the upmost respect for Reservists.

Obviously some of our commands have sense of humor about them. They knew we thought it would be today, and now they are calling to bother us with trifles. Watch, it's because I missed Full Speed Ahead training and need to reschedule.

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
8 minutes ago, sailormoon said:

Obviously some of our commands have sense of humor about them. They knew we thought it would be today, and now they are calling to bother us with trifles. Watch, it's because I missed Full Speed Ahead training and need to reschedule.

You joke, but I'm one of the command facilitators for Full Speed Ahead, and the Navy is not playing around with that training.

Guest EOBee

I will say this about being a Reservist and going through the Season.  It's tough.  Finding the right balance of civilian employment, participating in the Season and family life gets rough.  I took an entire week off, unpaid, from my civilian job last year so that I could better participate. I was able to do it so it didn't cause a great hardship but had I not taken that week I feel I'd have let myself and my fellow selects down.  Nothing you can do on the civilian side can keep your mind off the Season.

And, for the record, the delay in the release of the results is equally as frustrating for those of us in Khakis as for those who want to be.  I wish y'all luck and look forward to seeing many of you this Season!

-EOC

Guest PSjg78
Just now, papasmurf said:

yup .... lets just kick the can further down the road.. lets see what tomorrow holds... 

another crappy night of sleep ahead

Basically Ive been up everyday since last week around 2-3 am smh... this really isn't any good hahahah ... might have to take something today to knock me out

Guest NVYPS
30 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Generally i sleep best after two bottles of good red wine, or a few vodka and 7's... LMAO

I heard FTS results won't come out until Monday 

Guest BOATSNUGGYD
3 minutes ago, NVYPS said:

Where did that info come from?

17 minutes ago, NVYPS said:

Just like multiple people heard they'd be out today. Lol. 

Guest NVYPS
3 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

No I heard this Monday from my Master Chief who just left PERS so I really was never expecting it this week 

Guest SeaBeeDoc
38 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Jesus i hope thats not the case for reserves ... this is getting ridiculous... 

Reserves and FTS results come out at the same time. And I am still hoping for this week.

1 minute ago, papasmurf said:

Yeah sorry to everyone apparently my info was bad... 

It wasn't just you, saw a couple of ppl including Master Chiefs. 

Guest SWSeabee

Check here, check NPC, check All Hands... Repeat. My productivity at work has gone quite a bit these past two weeks.

Unless I see anything tomorrow I'm thinking next week, but we shall see.

1 hour ago, papasmurf said:

Yeah sorry to everyone apparently my info was bad... 

That's quite alright, at least you kept the forum updated. We get some misses here and there but our hits are pretty darn good so thanks. :)

Guest PSjg78
3 hours ago, LSHARP said:

This ! Hahahha exactly every year we go through this madness except this year it is dragging 

Guest PSjg78
3 hours ago, SWSeabee said:

Check here, check NPC, check All Hands... Repeat. My productivity at work has gone quite a bit these past two weeks.

Unless I see anything tomorrow I'm thinking next week, but we shall see.

Wow your workday sounds like mine lol ... yup tomorrow if there is nothing I'm gonna assume next week for sure ! 

Guest GM1_Prior_MR1

The results for last year's selection board came out on a Thursday, which means that the Triad had them on Wednesday. So, Hopefully the same happens this week and we find out tomorrow.

Guest EOBee

Yes, last year they came out on Wednesday (to those selected) via the Triad. BUT, the timeline for release was put out prior to that (I.e. Tuesday)  With no word today, it'll probably be another week. Which sucks because there's only so much time for training prior to pinning in September.  

I fear it's another week of waiting for everyone.

-EOC

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)
10 minutes ago, BOATSNUGGYD said:

How is everyone feeling today

I'm doing great!  I'm certainly not imploding, or eating my own face in anxious anticipation.  I'm very happy the Navy has chosen to delay the results.

56 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

I'm doing great!  I'm certainly not imploding, or eating my own face in anxious anticipation.  I'm very happy the Navy has chosen to delay the results.

:graphics-3d-smileys-177509:

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)

coffee is making this better today....

my CO knows nothing about when a release date will be, we talked last night and he said "you will probably know before I do" (encouraging...):unsure: