FY18 Chief Selection Board

Rate this topic

BOATSNUGGYD
13 minutes ago, Tony said:

reboot done, enjoy folks...

What's that mean

LSHARP
15 minutes ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

Sa of right now two Master Chiefs were demoted to Senior Chief and the board was reconvened.

That's only the active duty E9 board not ours. 

• Like 1

PSjg78
2 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

That's only the active duty E9 board not ours. 

Exactly that wasn't our board... but I wouldn't be surprised if they are just being super overly cautious and making sure nothing is wrong with our results.... who knows what is going on ...

OSCinthemaking

There was a debate today at my job. The person argued that the board will not see all of your Evals. Inputs anyone.

LSHARP
10 minutes ago, OSCinthemaking said:

There was a debate today at my job. The person argued that the board will not see all of your Evals. Inputs anyone.

The train of thought is they look at the last 5 years worth of Evals. But if it's in your OMPF it's fair game. 

SeaBeeDoc
15 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

The train of thought is they look at the last 5 years worth of Evals. But if it's in your OMPF it's fair game. 

You are correct, they usually will only go past 5 years if they have two that are too close and they looking for info to determine who they pick.

The board can see everything in OMPF. However, they should only grade off the last five years. If they feel there is tie between two sailors, it wouldn't surprise me if they would go back before five years for a tie breaker. 

DeepSea_IDC
2 hours ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

You are correct, they usually will only go past 5 years if they have two that are too close and they looking for info to determine who they pick.

The board can go back as far as they want and they usually go back more than what you'd expect. A sailor on a 1 year IA may have a 1 of 1 eval followed by a NOB etc. The board may look back further for SSP. Or they may want to check for MTS on a previous instructor tour since it isn't noted on the current one - if a sailor has done multiple instructor tours. (Usually not the best idea to have board members searching for thing for you though). These are just examples, but not all that uncommon.

The 5 year thing is used for certain circumstances e.g. can't be seen negatively for a NJP over 5 years ago. Things like history of assignments is seen through your entire career. As mentioned above, if it's in your OMPF, it is visible.

OSCinthemaking

Thanks for the insight everyone I guess it's on a case by case basis. I am just trying to make sure everyone is informed. I help my brothers and sisters out when I have info, we all eat over here. 

Guest NavyChic

This might be a dumb question but does the board know if it's your second or third time up? If so, how? 

BOATSNUGGYD

Hope everyone is safe and enjoy the holiday weekend

hayes
52 minutes ago, NavyChic said:

This might be a dumb question but does the board know if it's your second or third time up? If so, how? 

Not sure if they can tell how many times you've been board eligible, but it's pretty easy to figure out how long you've been a first class by looking at your evals.

Guest NavyChic

When your on duty working on your eval because your command, likes for the FCPO to turn in evals four months early haha even non-board eligible.

For all board eligible, have you all started working on what will hopefully be a close out eval? 

OSCinthemaking

Yes I have I have some great things to talk about.

Deptartment LPO led 122 sailors, 1 SSOY, 1 JSOY, 2 Bachelor's Degrees, 67 ESWS, 41 ESWS, 7 EIWS, 98 advancement and retention. Efforts resulted in Sucessful Refueling and Complex Ovehual, Deck certification, and CART lll. That one bullet was vaguely put ima tighten it up. 

Nope. Working on it now seems presumptuous. Plus I'm in a PhD program that eats up most of my time. 

Guest NavyChic

3 hours ago, sailormoon said:

Nope. Working on it now seems presumptuous. Plus I'm in a PhD program that eats up most of my time. 

I agree, but my command wants  FCPO evals in three weeks.

PhD program, that's very impressive. Good luck to you, as I can imagine how strenuous the program could be.

I'm currently taking one class, towards my Masters Degree. I'm also planning to take one class next semester. Hopefully, if I do pick up I can balance going through season and school work. 

AWFChief

Good Luck everyone!  Quotas look great.

• Like 1

IS1_645X

Has anyone seen the board membership for this year's board? I seen that the board membership was encl 1 in the convening order but maybe they're waiting until after results are posted since the MCPO board debacle.

HawkISback
33 minutes ago, IS1_645X said:

Has anyone seen the board membership for this year's board? I seen that the board membership was encl 1 in the convening order but maybe they're waiting until after results are posted since the MCPO board debacle.

They won't release until the board has adjourned now.  

Admin_warrior

Happy holidays everyone! Havent posted here in a while, but quotas are looking good for active duty. For me as PS, they making 64 out of 277. I hope i am one of the chosen. Last year humbled me, cuz i had everyone including chiefs say i was a shoe in to make it first time up. This year i am keeping my head down, grinding and continuing to improve sailors and myself, if its meant to be it will happen. Good luck everyone!

HawkISback
34 minutes ago, IS1_645X said:

They won't release until the board has adjourned now.  

Guest TRON828

Eval done.. just adding up numbers.. finished it last month before I went in det... think ours are due in August.. haven't seen anything from triad on when they want them... I'm waiting on those FTS CPO RESULTS :D

BOATSNUGGYD
12 hours ago, TRON828 said:

Eval done.. just adding up numbers.. finished it last month before I went in det... think ours are due in August.. haven't seen anything from triad on when they want them... I'm waiting on those FTS CPO RESULTS :D

What's ur rate 

osiris0107

What does everyone think the likelihood of the results coming out the week of the 27th? Trying to plan a trip out of town that  weekend.