Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal

Tony

FY18 Chief Selection Board

Rate this topic

OSCinthemaking
1 hour ago, sailormoon said:

I think it would be incredibly negligent of the Navy to try and line the release dates up with Active Duty. Reservists have day jobs and need more time to plan. I live way too far from a command who would be participating in the season. They are talking about getting me berthing for the whole six weeks. It would be super unlikely for me to attend the whole time anyway. I scheduled my AT for two weeks in August on the off chance that I make it. I think the quota was 6 out of 31 who were board eligible.

On a different note-- in the IW community, is it true that if you don't have your IW pin you most likely won't get picked up for Chief? I have IW/SW/AW, but I am wondering how true of a statement that is.

If you are at a command where you can get a third pin, you need to have it. Not just for IW community this applies to everyone, it is looked at as a detractor.

• Like 1

OSCinthemaking

Let's talk about if you make Chief, have you preparing yourself for that PT lol. Break out the running shoes and let's get it. 

OSCinthemaking

lol I hear that lets not get over excited, play it safe.

4 hours ago, PSjg78 said:

Its just speculation and either way no one gets pinned til sept.. so in all honesty it doesn't really matter when they come out...

I think it does matter. Reservists are already behind the curve in being able to fully participate in the season. The active navy, while they do not have a direct responsibility to reservist selectees, needs to do what they can to accommodate these sailors. Sailors who are able to fully participate and immerse themselves in training activities positively contributes to the mess. It makes no sense for them to hold out on the dates. The longer they hold out, the less participation will be seen.

PSjg78
59 minutes ago, sailormoon said:

I think it does matter. Reservists are already behind the curve in being able to fully participate in the season. The active navy, while they do not have a direct responsibility to reservist selectees, needs to do what they can to accommodate these sailors. Sailors who are able to fully participate and immerse themselves in training activities positively contributes to the mess. It makes no sense for them to hold out on the dates. The longer they hold out, the less participation will be seen.

Im sure they have thought about that, Reservists will have ample opportunity to participate in activities I get it.. but if they aren't releasing as they usually do Im sure its for a reason...

Guest TRON828

Yeah...got me a new pair of running shoes 5 weeks ago... they are wore in and ready... haha.. even if I get I don't get the nod.. always ready...;)

OSCinthemaking

That's what I'm talking bout stay ready ain't gotta get ready. Plus this new PRT incentive for the once a year PRT is calling my name.

• Like 1

Guest TRON828

Yeah.. Glad they came out with that.. one a year will not be bad... now.. the waiting game for those results!!!!!!  ha-ha..

PSjg78

BOL is still up and running... results of last year still up so yeah FTS/Reserve we are still waiting.....

Guest TRON828

I'm going to say next week...still nothing :blink:

LSHARP
5 minutes ago, TRON828 said:

I'm going to say next week...still nothing :blink:

Next week is a short week for most commands. I'm thinking July 13th now. 

• Like 1

DeepseaSeabee

I like the comment about getting ready to pt. That's funny. We are the worlds greatest Navy!!! As members of one of our nations finest fighting forces we'd better stay in shape! 

Guest TRON828

Haha.. not mine.. we 24 7..365...

DeepseaSeabee

I love that my rate(CM) is only making 6 out of 101CMCs this year. Super competitive! Only the best will make it. I feel like I'm definitely in the top 20 this year. Just can't see me being the top 6. 

4 minutes ago, DeepseaSeabee said:

I love that my rate(CM) is only making 6 out of 101CMCs this year. Super competitive! Only the best will make it. I feel like I'm definitely in the top 20 this year. Just can't see me being the top 6. 

For CTR is 6 out of 31. I factor some of those don't have their warfare pin. Some may not have deployments. I don't need to be the best--just better than 25. I guess I feel like that's doable. I'm not sure how much more I could pad my resume, with the exception of more time in rate.   

101 is a lot of people to be competitive with. Wish you luck, brother.

DeepseaSeabee

I say this while I'm on vacation in Mexico. Time to get back to the delicious food and tequila with family. 

• Like 1

SeaBeeDoc
6 hours ago, DeepseaSeabee said:

My rate is only making 10 out of 83, if I make it I can at least say I am in the top 10.          lol

BOATSNUGGYD
On 6/28/2017 at 10:27 AM, LSHARP said:

I'm the only FTS eligible at a mostly active command so I'd be going through alone for about a month if I make it. 

I'm the same way. I hope it comes soon unlike a few years back when the fts results came out 2 weeks prior to pinning.

I'd like to think that if results were delayed, that maybe its because they are putting a lot of effort into carefully weighing the sailors who are board eligible. Maybe someone is arguing with another about why someone deserves anchors over another. I'd like to think that someone is fighting for me, maybe.

Or, it could be that something super janky is going on. Didn't two master chiefs just get in trouble for this?

LSHARP
18 minutes ago, sailormoon said:

I'd like to think that if results were delayed, that maybe its because they are putting a lot of effort into carefully weighing the sailors who are board eligible. Maybe someone is arguing with another about why someone deserves anchors over another. I'd like to think that someone is fighting for me, maybe.

Or, it could be that something super janky is going on. Didn't two master chiefs just get in trouble for this?

The board is over the fighting is done with no news of janky business. The results are probably just going a little slower through the routing process. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

The board is over the fighting is done with no news of janky business. The results are probably just going a little slower through the routing process. 

Lol LET ME BELIEVE WHAT I WANT

LSHARP
5 minutes ago, sailormoon said:

Lol LET ME BELIEVE WHAT I WANT

Lol ok ok

• Like 1

Tony

Server reboot coming :D

Tony

reboot done, enjoy folks...

SeaBeeDoc
3 hours ago, sailormoon said:

Sa of right now two Master Chiefs were demoted to Senior Chief and the board was reconvened.