FY18 Chief Selection Board

22 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

Not looking like the FTS results will be released this week... By now there would have been a timeline... so guess we should enjoy our weekend and wait for next week..... maybe .... who knows maybe they are lining it up to come out with AD results ...

How do you figure? I  thought they would be released to command triad on a thursday and then out for public consumption the next day. Isn't there still time for this week?

27 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

Not looking like the FTS results will be released this week... By now there would have been a timeline... so guess we should enjoy our weekend and wait for next week..... maybe .... who knows maybe they are lining it up to come out with AD results ...

That would be interesting if they made that change. 

Guest PSjg78
Just now, LSHARP said:

That would be interesting if they made that change. 

Totally agree.. we shall see what happens next week.  But its already Wednesday so I doubt it will be this week, which will be a first for us in awhile..

4 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

Totally agree.. we shall see what happens next week.  But its already Wednesday so I doubt it will be this week, which will be a first for us in awhile..

I'm the only FTS eligible at a mostly active command so I'd be going through alone for about a month if I make it. 

Guest PSjg78
15 minutes ago, TRON828 said:

If not today ... hopefully tomorrow .... just come out already..:P

right hahahha.. I just don't see it happening .. some commands are off Friday so who knows hahah

Guest PSjg78
1 minute ago, LSHARP said:

I'm the only FTS eligible at a mostly active command so I'd be going through alone for about a month if I make it. 

That was me at my last command .. but I didn't make it obviously there haha.. Good Luck !

Guest PSjg78
14 minutes ago, sailormoon said:

How do you figure? I  thought they would be released to command triad on a thursday and then out for public consumption the next day. Isn't there still time for this week?

I figured by the dates easily.... technically is there time yes, but with the Holiday and commands off Friday and no notification of a timeline by now I just don't see it happening.. I could be totally wrong.. HOPE I AM hahahha.. but my gut is telling me its not happening this week...

I think it would be incredibly negligent of the Navy to try and line the release dates up with Active Duty. Reservists have day jobs and need more time to plan. I live way too far from a command who would be participating in the season. They are talking about getting me berthing for the whole six weeks. It would be super unlikely for me to attend the whole time anyway. I scheduled my AT for two weeks in August on the off chance that I make it. I think the quota was 6 out of 31 who were board eligible.

On a different note-- in the IW community, is it true that if you don't have your IW pin you most likely won't get picked up for Chief? I have IW/SW/AW, but I am wondering how true of a statement that is.

Guest PSjg78
4 minutes ago, sailormoon said:

I think it would be incredibly negligent of the Navy to try and line the release dates up with Active Duty. Reservists have day jobs and need more time to plan. I live way too far from a command who would be participating in the season. They are talking about getting me berthing for the whole six weeks. It would be super unlikely for me to attend the whole time anyway. I scheduled my AT for two weeks in August on the off chance that I make it. I think the quota was 6 out of 31 who were board eligible.

On a different note-- in the IW community, is it true that if you don't have your IW pin you most likely won't get picked up for Chief? I have IW/SW/AW, but I am wondering how true of a statement that is.

Its just speculation and either way no one gets pinned til sept.. so in all honesty it doesn't really matter when they come out...

4 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

Its just speculation and either way no one gets pinned til sept.. so in all honesty it doesn't really matter when they come out...

How long you get attention lol

Guest PSjg78
3 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

I'm saying that's the difference 

ok... Difference between ?  Either way lets all just enjoy the weekend and see what happens... The Navy is going to do what the Navy is going to do... Stay motivated and positive and what will be will be :-)

1 minute ago, PSjg78 said:

ok... Difference between ?  Either way lets all just enjoy the weekend and see what happens... The Navy is going to do what the Navy is going to do... Stay motivated and positive and what will be will be :-)

You missed it that's the difference between active and FTS. FTS knows results about 3-4 weeks sooner so their initiation is 3-4 weeks longer hence the extra attention 

Guest PSjg78
3 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

You missed it that's the difference between active and FTS. FTS knows results about 3-4 weeks sooner so their initiation is 3-4 weeks longer hence the extra attention 

totally went over my head hahaha.. yes that is the usual but don't you find it strange that we have nothing yet?  Yes I am FTS.. hahah see im trying not to be stressed hahah

3 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

totally went over my head hahaha.. yes that is the usual but don't you find it strange that we have nothing yet?  Yes I am FTS.. hahah see im trying not to be stressed hahah

I'm with you the fact that it's weds and we don't have a time line I'm guessing the results will be out July 13th for us. 

Guest PSjg78
Just now, LSHARP said:

I'm with you the fact that it's weds and we don't have a time line I'm guessing the results will be out July 13th for us. 

Soo yup just lets relax and enjoy what free time we have left hahaha.... I wouldn't be surprised at all if you are right lol...

Guest SeaBeeDoc

Well since BOL is up and running today, odds are results won't be this week. So I plan on enjoying my 4th stress free.

So as I mentioned before, I pick the 12th of July for Command Notification and the 13th for public release. I don't think they would be that nice and release the dates right after a holiday weekend. I am thinking there might be some delay as the MCPO Board reconvened this week as well as our Active duty counterparts.

Guest OSCinthemaking
1 hour ago, sailormoon said:

If you are at a command where you can get a third pin, you need to have it. Not just for IW community this applies to everyone, it is looked at as a detractor.

Guest OSCinthemaking

Let's talk about if you make Chief, have you preparing yourself for that PT lol. Break out the running shoes and let's get it. 

4 hours ago, PSjg78 said:

I think it does matter. Reservists are already behind the curve in being able to fully participate in the season. The active navy, while they do not have a direct responsibility to reservist selectees, needs to do what they can to accommodate these sailors. Sailors who are able to fully participate and immerse themselves in training activities positively contributes to the mess. It makes no sense for them to hold out on the dates. The longer they hold out, the less participation will be seen.

Guest PSjg78
59 minutes ago, sailormoon said:

I think it does matter. Reservists are already behind the curve in being able to fully participate in the season. The active navy, while they do not have a direct responsibility to reservist selectees, needs to do what they can to accommodate these sailors. Sailors who are able to fully participate and immerse themselves in training activities positively contributes to the mess. It makes no sense for them to hold out on the dates. The longer they hold out, the less participation will be seen.

Im sure they have thought about that, Reservists will have ample opportunity to participate in activities I get it.. but if they aren't releasing as they usually do Im sure its for a reason...