Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal

Tony

FY18 Chief Selection Board

Rate this topic

1,571 posts in this topic

tic tic tic that's all I hear right now

2 people like this

AD Quotas are out!!! 19% for ITC. 1 % rise from last cycle. Tsk, tsk. Good luck to all of my brothers and sisters in here!

2 people like this

looks like NC went down by 1.

NCR- 37.17%

42 out of 113 hope I am one of the 42!!! good luck to everyone.

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, Riverine Rat said:

NCR- 37.17%

42 out of 113 hope I am one of the 42!!! good luck to everyone.

Where are the quotas?

3 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

Where are the quotas?

Found them ! :-) Good Luck guys!!!!

That's what I would like to know as well.

20 minutes ago, KillJoy said:

Where did these quotas come from? IE where can they be found online?

Look back a couple posts and you will see them..

With the HYT increase and the call for 355 ships anyone else thinking the rates are about to open up, maybe not this year, but in the near future? FCA sitting at 30% not bad.

1 person likes this

2 people like this

Glad to see the reg nav quotas came out..good luck to all you guys and gals...looks like every rate had a quota.. that's always a plus:)

1 person likes this

22.20 % for AOs. 109 spots to hopefully fill. Good luck to all!! IYAOYAS!!!

28.28% is not bad. Looking like that increase in Senior Chief OS helped out alot. No complaints here. Good luck to everyone out there. I have come to terms with what I submitted. If it happens, it happens if not then I will try harder next year.

I submitted my Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Movsm, PPME, SEJPME, missing letter of extension, missing NAM, CICWO, AAWC, Shipping Officer, Piloting Officer and EAWS cert. 

My goals for this current year IW pin, CDCWO, and AAWC for current platform. 

1 person likes this

Not looking like the FTS results will be released this week... By now there would have been a timeline... so guess we should enjoy our weekend and wait for next week..... maybe .... who knows maybe they are lining it up to come out with AD results ...

If not today ... hopefully tomorrow .... just come out already..:P

2 people like this

22 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

Not looking like the FTS results will be released this week... By now there would have been a timeline... so guess we should enjoy our weekend and wait for next week..... maybe .... who knows maybe they are lining it up to come out with AD results ...

How do you figure? I  thought they would be released to command triad on a thursday and then out for public consumption the next day. Isn't there still time for this week?

27 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

That would be interesting if they made that change. 

Just now, LSHARP said:

That would be interesting if they made that change. 

Totally agree.. we shall see what happens next week.  But its already Wednesday so I doubt it will be this week, which will be a first for us in awhile..

4 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

Totally agree.. we shall see what happens next week.  But its already Wednesday so I doubt it will be this week, which will be a first for us in awhile..

I'm the only FTS eligible at a mostly active command so I'd be going through alone for about a month if I make it. 

2 people like this

15 minutes ago, TRON828 said:

If not today ... hopefully tomorrow .... just come out already..:P

right hahahha.. I just don't see it happening .. some commands are off Friday so who knows hahah

1 minute ago, LSHARP said:

I'm the only FTS eligible at a mostly active command so I'd be going through alone for about a month if I make it. 

That was me at my last command .. but I didn't make it obviously there haha.. Good Luck !

14 minutes ago, sailormoon said:

How do you figure? I  thought they would be released to command triad on a thursday and then out for public consumption the next day. Isn't there still time for this week?

I figured by the dates easily.... technically is there time yes, but with the Holiday and commands off Friday and no notification of a timeline by now I just don't see it happening.. I could be totally wrong.. HOPE I AM hahahha.. but my gut is telling me its not happening this week...

I think it would be incredibly negligent of the Navy to try and line the release dates up with Active Duty. Reservists have day jobs and need more time to plan. I live way too far from a command who would be participating in the season. They are talking about getting me berthing for the whole six weeks. It would be super unlikely for me to attend the whole time anyway. I scheduled my AT for two weeks in August on the off chance that I make it. I think the quota was 6 out of 31 who were board eligible.

On a different note-- in the IW community, is it true that if you don't have your IW pin you most likely won't get picked up for Chief? I have IW/SW/AW, but I am wondering how true of a statement that is.

4 minutes ago, sailormoon said:

I think it would be incredibly negligent of the Navy to try and line the release dates up with Active Duty. Reservists have day jobs and need more time to plan. I live way too far from a command who would be participating in the season. They are talking about getting me berthing for the whole six weeks. It would be super unlikely for me to attend the whole time anyway. I scheduled my AT for two weeks in August on the off chance that I make it. I think the quota was 6 out of 31 who were board eligible.

On a different note-- in the IW community, is it true that if you don't have your IW pin you most likely won't get picked up for Chief? I have IW/SW/AW, but I am wondering how true of a statement that is.

Its just speculation and either way no one gets pinned til sept.. so in all honesty it doesn't really matter when they come out...