FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest SeaBeeDoc

So after some reflection this afternoon I have come to realize how blessed I have been by being a part of the worlds greatest Navy ! No I didn't get the coveted "S" that most every career Sailor desires. So why am I blessed, this is why, because I have got see and meet some of the most awesome people all over the country, and made some lasting friendships that will continue long after I leave. The Navy has allowed me to reach goals that I once thought was impossible to reach such as my bachelors degree in Health Administration.  But mostly it allowed a single mom to provide and be there for her children when they needed her the most. So how does a Sailor who has served nearly 30 years never set sail, or was is veteran of Desert Shield/Storm, OIF, and OEF and mobilized twice yet never step foot in war zone? Was it a missed opportunity? I think not, I believe it was Gods Devine intervention. So what is next? Well first of all don't think I have hung up my hat just yet, I still get one more look for a chance of that Anchor, but I would be fool if don't start preparing myself for life after the Navy so this next year my energy and focus is first to never quit and make the most of every opportunity. Finally for my brothers and sisters who were selected I am so proud and stoked for you congratulations and thank you for your kind words, know I got your back, anything you need just holler!

Guest SouthernSailor
14 minutes ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

So after some reflection this afternoon I have come to realize how blessed I have been by being a part of the worlds greatest Navy ! No I didn't get the coveted "S" that most every career Sailor desires. So why am I blessed, this is why, because I have got see and meet some of the most awesome people all over the country, and made some lasting friendships that will continue long after I leave. The Navy has allowed me to reach goals that I once thought was impossible to reach such as my bachelors degree in Health Administration.  But mostly it allowed a single mom to provide and be there for her children when they needed her the most. So how does a Sailor who has served nearly 30 years never set sail, or was is veteran of Desert Shield/Storm, OIF, and OEF and mobilized twice yet never step foot in war zone? Was it a missed opportunity? I think not, I believe it was Gods Devine intervention. So what is next? Well first of all don't think I have hung up my hat just yet, I still get one more look for a chance of that Anchor, but I would be fool if don't start preparing myself for life after the Navy so this next year my energy and focus is first to never quit and make the most of every opportunity. Finally for my brothers and sisters who were selected I am so proud and stoked for you congratulations and thank you for your kind words, know I got your back, anything you need just holler!

Very touching words, Doc.  I believe that all of us has been blessed in some way, shape, or form by our time in uniform.  Thank you for all your years of service and your hard work.  You have been an awesome role model for your peers as well as your kids.  I pray that you receive the coveted "S" next year and join the ranks of the Chief's Mess as well.  Please continue to keep up the good work and stay strong.  Semper Fortis!!

Well I think to kill boredom tomorrow I'll look at the list to see who I know.  Then FLTMPS the top few to see where I would've ranked on the list if I had been selected.  I wanna say last year I would've been about #3 or 4.  I look at it this way, at least I can go to the concert next week, and then enjoy time with my family when they visit next weekend.  Congrats to those who made it.  January is test number 7 to see if it'll be my 8th board on 9 times eligible.  First things first is to see if my PRD gets extended now that I cancelled my fleet reserves.

Guest JVARGAS

I received the call an hour after results were released. I was bummed because some of my shipmates already had the news before I did. I even text my wife and told her I had the N but low and behold!!!  CSC(SEL)

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)
4 hours ago, OSCinthemaking said:

OSC(SEL) first time up and he blessed me with the "S". let's see what the next 10 years have to come. Thanks everyone for the support. 

are you AD or SELRES?

Guest Yamzi-USN

First, just want to say thank you for this forum. I have learned a lot and helped me a lot to get that 'S'.

Everyone I know, I highly recommend this to them.  Thank you all for the experience we share to help out each other.

Congrats to all of us!

For the people who did not made it, don't give up!

Guest NavyChic

I wanted to tell everyone that got the coveted "S" Congrats and for those who didn't please keep pushing!!

@Tony Thank you for this forum. I stumbled across it last year and have been hooked since. It is so helpful in so many ways! 

Thank you all for your what you have contributed on this forum. I've learned so much and in 2 years being on this forum. 

I'll definitely be sending Sailors this way and continue to be apart this forum! 

Guest cscs(ret)2010
5 hours ago, JVARGAS said:

I received the call an hour after results were released. I was bummed because some of my shipmates already had the news before I did. I even text my wife and told her I had the N but low and behold!!!  CSC(SEL)

Congrats from one CS to another. Where are you currently stationed at?  

Guest calamityjane
3 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

That will be updated around 8am EST this morning. When the public results come out.

Okay, great. Thank you. I was wondering if maybe my waiver didn't get done properly and they thought I just wasn't eligible or something.

Guest lydbkguy

Congrats to all that made it!!  I am on the "N" boat, but will continue to push, in hopes of wearing Anchors one day.  For those that made it, enjoy the season shipmates, and for those that didn't, keep giving it hell!!

I think this was one of the more fun "waits" I've had and it was more enjoyable since the Sailors I was rooting for, for some time now,  made it. As a note, when the results come out, I can't say congrats to those who made it because I am doing stuff behind the scenes to keep the server from blowing up. I do watch the posts though and was happy for everyone that made it. 

The big hiccup, for me, was that false post about the results being listed on Facebook. This was by someone who had been here a long time and was in good standing but will not be coming back. A note on that, the guidelines will be adjusted because of that incident. 

But the bottom line is congratulations to those who made it!

:big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoti

Just now, AME1 said:

Well once I picked the right certificate I was able to get in, but still no results.

I wonder if they made a mistake with the time... :o

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I wonder if they made a mistake with the time... :o

Well all I know is 7 is no longer considered a lucky number to me.  I would settle for a list instead of the N looking back at me. 

Guest TexTLAM

Was busy yesterday but got the S. FCC (SEL). Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and guidance. Congrats to the others who were selected. For those who didn't get it, keep your heads up, keep working hard and taking care of your sailors. Hit the books and get ready for Jan.

3 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

More likely an updating websites issue or chop chain for release issue. But I could be wrong. 

Sounds about right.

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)

Yesterday was chaotic, and I didn't get a chance to post more than that I was selected!  I am humbled and excited to be selected.  Being a Chief has been the goal since the day I joined the Navy in 1997.  It has been a long, strange road to get here, but it looks like the 12th time was the charm!

Thank you so much to everyone on this forum.  Being able to share our hopes, fears, and anxieties as we went through the extended waiting period for the results made it all a lot easier.  Thank you @Tony for providing this forum year after year.  I hope you'll let me hang around in the future to be a part of the advancement process for others.

Guest OSCSWSHERWOOD

well it was another "N" for the fourth year in a row.  Lets see if a mobilization and finishing my degree gets me over the top.  Congrats to all that have made it.