FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest Navywife
11 minutes ago, LeroyJenkins said:

Not hearing anyone west of the Mississippi chime in yet.....Must be slow getting notifications out to western Triads.

Must be. We're in California and haven't heard anything yet.

Guest SandcrabCTT
1 hour ago, The Man said:

well this ride is  now officially over for me. No AD BM's selected at my command. Now I guess I'll start on my retirement paperwork.

CONGRATs to all those who got selected.

Yeah this was my case last year.... it's definitely tough but there is life afterwards (the Navy) and remember that you don't need a specific device to identify you as a leader... If you are doing the right thing, leading from the front.... your sailors (subordinates and leadership) will "spot" you out for direction!!!

Guest Riverine Rat

Well didn't get selected this year 5th time was not my lucky number. Time to re focus and go after it next year. Hopefully I will get some good feedback as to what I need to do to improve my chances for next year. I can finish up my degree and get my MOVSM. Finish my Division LCPO qual for recruiting. After that I'm at a loss as to what I need to do. 15 years in 7 as a FCPO and every year I get told it's my year until results come out so I'm just lost. Congratulations to all those deserving who got selected this year and I look forward to one day joining you in the Mess.

Guest LeroyJenkins
23 minutes ago, OS1(SW/EXW) said:

AG quotas have always kinda sucked, sorry my friend.

The cut-off to make AGC has been pretty fair the last few cycles; the quota just looks bad because AG3/AG2/AG1 advancement rates are pretty consistently above 70%.

Guest SouthernSailor
46 minutes ago, ITSME said:

ITSC (SEL) hooyah!!  Congrats to everyone who made it.  If this wasn't your year, keep charging!

Congrats!!

Guest LeroyJenkins
5 minutes ago, Tony said:

?

:huh:

Tony, my terrible English is to blame. Advancement into AG3, AG2, and AG1 (Both Active and SELRES) has been 100% for roughly the last 7-8 Advancement cycles. Anyone with a pulse, a security clearance, and no PFA failures has been promoted. The AG rate burns out Sailors so quickly that there is always mid-level opportunities to advance.

Compared to that almost-foolproof advancement rate, the more modest and reasonable advancement rates for AG1's to be selected for AGC has hovered around 30% for Active-Duty and ~45% for SELRES the past 3 years. It understandably gets much more competitive to become a Senior NCO.

Guest navyordie123

Well Congrats to all that made it this year and to those that didn't. Keep studying and try again next year. I know I am. This is probably gonna be my last post for this year so look forward to talking to y'all again soon. Thank y'all for all the advice and knowledge.

Guest ChiefDevilDoc

Has any green side FTS/SELRES Corpsman heard anything out of MFR? No one has heard a thing all day as far as I know.

Guest Admin_warrior

Got the N again this year, 2nd time up. Ill take a day to digest it and get back to it tomorrow. Congrats to all that advanced and enjoy your season!

Guest Admin_warrior
1 hour ago, kontogsl said:

CTTC(SEL)... I still cant believe it. Thanks everyone for all the insight and info. I will be back to help out whomever I can next year.

congrats!

Guest SouthernSailor

Well, so far none of the First Classes from my unit or my sister unit have heard anything yet.... not exactly sure what to think at this point..

13 minutes ago, LeroyJenkins said:

Tony, my terrible English is to blame. Advancement into AG3, AG2, and AG1 (Both Active and SELRES) has been 100% for roughly the last 7-8 Advancement cycles. Anyone with a pulse, a security clearance, and no PFA failures has been promoted. The AG rate burns out Sailors so quickly that there is always mid-level opportunities to advance.

Compared to that almost-foolproof advancement rate, the more modest and reasonable advancement rates for AG1's to be selected for AGC has hovered around 30% for Active-Duty and ~45% for SELRES the past 3 years. It understandably gets much more competitive to become a Senior NCO.

No problem, but the thing is that you can't make a comparison, between the E-4 through E-6 group and th E-7 promotion. My thought is that the real issue, as with all other rates, is the attrition rate (or lack there of) with E-7 and above. I know an AG1 who was resigned to the fact that AG quotas have never been that good as @OS1(SW/EXW) said, and he spent his final years in the Navy pursuing his hobbies and perfecting his BBQ grilling techniques - a real stand up guy too. I might not be seeing the whole picture though, being stuck behind this server. :) 

Guest CursedSwabbie

Well N for me... Not sure what I am doing wrong... SOY, COM, MOVSM, PPME, JPME, 365 lead, AA degree, and LPO and good heartbeat on my evals...so heck if I know! 

Guest Proud Navy Wife
3 hours ago, subguy10524 said:

Congratulations to you!

3 hours ago, SWSeabee said:

SWC (sel)!

I'm shaking!

6 minutes ago, CursedSwabbie said:

Well N for me... Not sure what I am doing wrong... SOY, COM, MOVSM, PPME, JPME, 365 lead, AA degree, and LPO and good heartbeat on my evals...so heck if I know! 

Are you going to try and hit up some of the Chiefs? (After a rest?)

Guest CursedSwabbie
1 minute ago, Tony said:

Are you going to try and hit up some of the Chiefs? (After a rest?)

Might have to wait until after my school... But I am still hesitant. I usually get the obligatory "You have such a strong package I don't know why.... Keep your head up" and I am not sure I can stomach that right now. 

1 minute ago, CursedSwabbie said:

Might have to wait until after my school... But I am still hesitant. I usually get the obligatory "You have such a strong package I don't know why.... Keep your head up" and I am not sure I can stomach that right now. 

Well, I hope you can hit up someone who sat the board willing to offer some no fluff advise.

Guest CursedSwabbie
6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Well, I hope you can hit up someone who sat the board willing to offer some no fluff advise.

Thanks Tony