FY-18 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Guest AEGISFC1
10 hours ago, Gunz and Roses said:

It's been a while, but when I was looking for appraisers in FLTMPS I thought he was senior. If I remember correctly, Vliet has been in the Navy longer but Craycraft has been an officer longer, or something like that. Either way, they are both powerful figures in the ordnance community.

They are both heavy hitters for sure. Everyone knows their names.  Hopefully it pays off. I actually looked up captain craycraft and he's at Romania right now.  Did he relieve Captain Garren? He's one of the senior ops LDOs and he actually chaired my board too. 

Guest AEGISFC1
8 hours ago, gunna871 said:

You guys got to pick who you got appraisals from ? My board was set up for me . My board consisted of 

CDR ops 

CWO5 ops 

CWO5 food service 

CWO4 ordnance 

Luckily I got all 10's from them and was 1 of 5 LDO/CWO. I was surprised because we had some heavy hitters at my command.  I definitely wrote my CO endorsement to the discrete requirements. I tried to capture my Aegis experience as a CSOOW AND CSC during SW/AW. How I am his top CSC how I train his JO's on AAWC and FAAWC. My knowledge on ammo sentencing , onload and off loads .  I wonder how much of the CO endorsement do they read or do they just look at your ranking. 

My board was set up for me as well.  With that being said, there were two boards at my Command.  The top 3 guys did it with:

O-6 Ops LDO

0-4 ordnance LDO

0-4 electronics LDO

While the other guys had two LTs and a LCDR.

they were scheduled on different days and my board members were not available to the other guys. 

Now what seperated me from my board was my 0-6 ordnance captain who I reached out to for a mentorship meeting. I actually went through the proper channels, talked to CMC told him my idea, sent me to pitch it to the XO, and he reached out to his XO and a meeting was set up. When I did my sit down with my CO we talked about my 4th appraisal sheet and he was impressed by my commitment to the program. In hindsight this was risky because he could have gave me a poor appraisal and reached back out to my command or the LDOs at my command could have been offended. I pitched it to a few of them before pulling the trigger and they were all very happy with it though. After he gave me a mentorship meeting, he told his secretary to get a hold of me when he was doing his Command rankings and ended up ranking me against all his applicants at Training Support Center Great Lakes and RTC, where he sat all the ordnance and electronics boards.

this week cannot come by fast enough... 

Guest gunna871

Not that I am complaining, my coordinator was a 716X and he did I good job setting us all up. 

You have some heavy hitters aegisFc1. Hopefully this week ends on a high note for all of us

Guest I-Heart-Torpedoes
9 hours ago, FTCAA said:

Any Sub guys in here? 6260/6280 applicant here 

Yes, I applied for 626X. I didn't put a secondary. 

Guest FireNozzle
38 minutes ago, HawaiiGM said:

So Ive been hearing the 24th that the results will drop from the other LDOs and CWOs here at my command, has anybody else heard that too?

That's what Ive been hearing also.

Guest osiris0107

All I know is that if it comes out that day I'll be off. This is the trouble of living overseas, I live in the future, but the news I need doesn't get to me till its a weekend, lol. I guess I'll make a trip to the office that day and just keep hitting refresh!

I think underway days are way slower than inport days and this last week and some change has been dragging....still banking on Thursday, but will settle for any day this week.

Guest osiris0107

Well....if I don't make it this year I still can apply for LDO three more times I just hope second times a charm, I really don't want to wait till the fifth time.

Guest Airframer718
5 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Well....if I don't make it this year I still can apply for LDO three more times I just hope second times a charm, I really don't want to wait till the fifth time.

This is my 7th, yikes haha.  I was a knuckle head in my youth, trying to overcome my past that included too many masts.

3 hours ago, GMFCC said:

The next 2-3 weeks should bring interesting news. LDO/CWO results this week. Then, the NFL league year starts March 9th and the Cowboys can begin their march to the Super Bowl, and then CPO exam results should be out soon thereafter.

We were good until you started the crazy Cowgirl Super Bowl talk lol...

Guest AEGISFC1

OMG...That feeling you get when you open up NPC and see 3 new messages... Then you click on it, and there are 6 new ones total...and you have to slowly read all the titles...

042/17 ENLISTED ASSIGNMENTS AS RECRUIT DIVISION COMMANDERS 2/21/2017
041/17 AUGUST 2017 CYCLE 101 NAVY-WIDE EXAMINATIONS FOR ADVANCEMENT OF SELECTED RESERVE PERSONNEL TO E4 THROUGH 36 2/21/2017
040/17 NOTICE OF CONVENING FY-18 ACTIVE-DUTY REAR ADMIRAL (LOWER HALF) SPECIAL DUTY OFFICER (PUBLIC AFFAIRS) SELECTION BOARD 2/21/2017
039/17 NOT AVAILABLE - PERSONAL FOR MESSAGE 2/17/2017
038/17 FY-19 OLMSTED SCHOLAR PROGRAM 2/17/2017
037/17 MY NAVY PORTAL BETA LAUNCH

40 minutes ago, GMFCC said:

lol, hey I can be hopeful. It's about time we get another one. Lousy Patriots winning them all lately!

lol one thing I can give you is that Cowboy fans are optimistic.  I'm a Panthers/Gamecocks fan and we've only had a couple of good seasons, so I don't know how it feels to be optimistic lol.  Board activity is starting to pick up.  Getting close to that time!

4 hours ago, Chief Wifey said:

Is it just me or does this week seem extremely long??? 

Def not just you.  Where's the sneaky ninjas dudes with the intel on the release?  Anytime now will be ok....

Guest Airframer718

Tomorrow we hope.  Half will be disappointed and half will not.  7th go for me, each time I maintained compose and just focused on the year to come and the next eval.  All you can do is press.  7th is the charm lol.  10 years exactly from my last mast haha.

Yesterday I saw a board member who knows I applied. I tried to avoid prolonged eye contact so I wouldn't misinterpret any facial cues. Definitely didn't bring it up. Anxiety at an all-time high.