FY-18 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

4 hours ago, Gunz and Roses said:

The way that it was explained to me was EVALS > CO Reccomendation > Personal Statement/Package > Appraisals

Having good appraisals can seal the deal, but your CO recommendation and your evaluations are the most important. Your personal statement can do more to grab the attention of your board member than a appraisal if it is well written.

What Dogg said is accurate, and this will be my 3rd time up, and my 3rd time up will all 10's on my appraisals, so that is definitely not the magic bullet.

Fourth time applicant here, but first for CWO. Missed my last shot for LDO by three months. Talking of evals, great evals give you a ticket to the tank, but your PSR is what gets you the S. That's why prior board members will always ask for your psr  to determine if you even have a shot.

Guest SandcrabCTT
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:35 AM, Gunz and Roses said:

I emailed them, but my package actually popped up before they answered...got my A code, now the wait begins.

Morning Gunz and Roses...  were did you see your "A code"?  Where would that be located?  Thanks a bunch!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SWSeabee

Starting to get nervous - I checked the board selection status page and it was accepted before the deadline, but I still haven't seen any code pop up (A or otherwise). I would like at least a week or so in case I have to submit anything before the deadline.

Guest SandcrabCTT
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:04 AM, SWSeabee said:

Starting to get nervous - I checked the board selection status page and it was accepted before the deadline, but I still haven't seen any code pop up (A or otherwise). I would like at least a week or so in case I have to submit anything before the deadline.

SWSeabee...  yeah I am in the same boat, just wondering what the status was and again how the process works since this is my first time applying.  I just submitted a request through NPC customer service center to contact me so that I could ask that exact question.  Thanks for your input!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SWSeabee
On 11/10/2016 at 11:52 AM, SandcrabCTT said:

SWSeabee...  yeah I am in the same boat, just wondering what the status was and again how the process works since this is my first time applying.  I just submitted a request through NPC customer service center to contact me so that I could ask that exact question.  Thanks for your input!

Did you get an update? A few days after this a rep contacted me with what I needed to do and updated my status in BOL.

Guest SandcrabCTT
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:00 PM, SWSeabee said:

Did you get an update? A few days after this a rep contacted me with what I needed to do and updated my status in BOL.

Hey SWSeabee....  Yeah I did get an email from a rep at NPC stating that I had to add a statement to my page 7 that was missing.  I did as he requested and resubmitted my page 7 of my application and then a few days later I was able to check BOL and saw that my application had been entered  showing my status.  I just submitted my addendum letter with my recent eval from this past years reporting period along with another letter of recommendation that I received.  If you haven't done so already make sure you get your latest evaluation in before 12/01/2016.

Guest I-Heart-Torpedoes
18 hours ago, SandcrabCTT said:

Hey SWSeabee....  Yeah I did get an email from a rep at NPC stating that I had to add a statement to my page 7 that was missing.  I did as he requested and resubmitted my page 7 of my application and then a few days later I was able to check BOL and saw that my application had been entered  showing my status.  I just submitted my addendum letter with my recent eval from this past years reporting period along with another letter of recommendation that I received.  If you haven't done so already make sure you get your latest evaluation in before 12/01/2016.

From NAVADMIN 144/16 - "Routine addendums to applications, excluding evaluations and
awards, must be received no later than 1 December 2016.  Evaluations and awards must be received no later than 1 January 2017."

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/messages/Documents/NAVADMINS/NAV2016/NAV16144.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everyone (im)patiently waiting for the board to convene?  5th application overall for me this year (4th for CWO) and in all honesty my last.  Had my board done by CWO5, CWO4 and CDR in my designator as well as had it reviewed by several CWO 4/5 engineers who all had great things to say.  We'll see.  Good luck to all.

Guest CTRC(5)
On 1/1/2017 at 10:22 PM, ENC said:

Everyone (im)patiently waiting for the board to convene?  5th application overall for me this year (4th for CWO) and in all honesty my last.  Had my board done by CWO5, CWO4 and CDR in my designator as well as had it reviewed by several CWO 4/5 engineers who all had great things to say.  We'll see.  Good luck to all.

Good Luck as well. This is my second time applying and hoping for the positive results. We will know soon.

Guest CTRC(5)

Board convenes tomorrow. Good luck to everyone.

Last year board convened on the 11th of January with quotas and discrete requirements out on the 12th. Hope for the same this year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest osiris0107

Well... it looks like the same amount of quotas as last year, so that's a good sign. Just need to hope that there is as many fully qualified candidates as last year lol.

Guest CTRC(5)
9 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

How much longer do you thin it will take the board to render its verdict? Any gentlemen's bet on a date?

I heard board ends this wednesday(rumor), but results were out the last week of February last year, so probably about the same amount of time. Good luck to everyone! 

Guest CTRC(5)
2 hours ago, HooYahDeepSea said:

I think it is still going on this week....

may the time go by faster for all waiting. Best of luck y'all 

I heard that it ended today... last year board ended on the 27th... so we're 2 days earlier from a little bird. 

Guest HooYahDeepSea

I will check my BOL tomorow. I saw today at the eval continuity  page bottom box.

ldo/cwo board.

hope its gone manyana!

Guest CTRC(5)

Mine is still listed there.

11 hours ago, HooYahDeepSea said:

I will check my BOL tomorow. I saw today at the eval continuity  page bottom box.

ldo/cwo board.

hope its gone manyana!