FY-18 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

• 1 month later...

Its not mandatory although it is almost always listed in the discrete qualifications for 616.  If you don't have it I would just write to why you haven't got it and why you feel you can still perform.  Thats just my opinion and I am sure you will hear others that differ. I almost applied for 616 this year but decided to only apply for 618.  Hope this helps.  Good Luck man!

Quick question for selects or someone who may know the answer? 

I have read every instruction and been on LDO/CWO Comm Mgr page, the Helpful hints, read the handbook, spoken to almost all of my mentors, and cant find the exact answer.  

In the package directions and instruction as well as the OPNAV it states to submit certified to be true copies of college transcripts.  Does this include transcripts of an obtained degree or only courses for your current degree plan?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you and have a great day.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seabee67
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:33 PM, osiris0107 said:

Any 653x candidates in here yet? It's another year trying to make this one the with S.

Got picked up last year.............I commission in March, where are you out of?  I got selected on my second look, I can tell you what I changed on my package and look over yours if you want or send you a copy of mine.

Guest seabee67
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:17 PM, STG1 said:

Quick question for selects or someone who may know the answer? 

I have read every instruction and been on LDO/CWO Comm Mgr page, the Helpful hints, read the handbook, spoken to almost all of my mentors, and cant find the exact answer.  

In the package directions and instruction as well as the OPNAV it states to submit certified to be true copies of college transcripts.  Does this include transcripts of an obtained degree or only courses for your current degree plan?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you and have a great day.

On my package last year, I printed out the copy of my transcript I had on record for my associates degree in my OMPF from my initial enlistment.   I had admin stamp it as a Certified True Copy and signed by N1.  Got selected last year for 6532, second look......we have a great support system here in this area for Seabee LDOs that helped me tremendously, find a good mentor it helps. 

Guest seabee67
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:38 PM, HooYahDeepSea said:

Hello. 

In need of opinions wether to submit  lots Letter of Recommendations? Or not

First year I had 2..............got the N.  Feedback I received from my community was to leave them out because they didn't really read them.  I removed them the following year, got the coveted S.   6532 designator.

Guest I-Heart-Torpedoes

Hello everyone, request advice regarding my LDO package. I've been in 7 years and will be at 8 years and 3 months for FY-18. What can I put under extracurricular activities? Right now I have 3 blocks of volunteer work and I want to fill up blocks 4 and 5, should I put collateral duties? Also, under special abilities I put proficient in Microsoft word etc.. anything else people could recommend? I feel like I'm at a block in the road..

Guest SandcrabCTT
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:52 PM, kelticfrog said:

Where do  fine the precepts and quota guide? please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

This is my first/last time submitting a package for this upcoming board.  I went on the NPC site in the CWO/LDO section and didn't see the most recent available designators/quotas.  Is there anywhere else were I could find these numbers?  Also are there any SELRES Intel candidates in this forum yet?  I would like to talk with you and ask questions.  I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Guest SandcrabCTT
3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Tony thank you very much, I think this gets me a little closer to what I'm looking for.  Right now in my "little world", this process is overwhelming and I am currently working on the application and have reached out to my skipper for her recommendation and waiver request.  I still have to get another 2-4 officers in the designator I am applying for!  Thanks again, have a GREAT weekend! 

• 1 month later...
Guest SandcrabCTT

All application/package sent off to PERS for 683X designator.  Now have to see how all pans out.  Good luck all.  Here's a quick question for the forum...  If I have submitted a "hard copy" of application to the board is it okay to send an electronic version as a backup noting in the body of the email that a hard copy is in route via UPS express mail?  Thanks all!

My command mailed by CWO package too on the 27, and when I called this morning to check Today, Oct 4th, I was told they do not have me in the system yet, but they are still sorting their mails. It sucks that the online page to check packages is not even working. I believe they can still accept soft copies if you or your command have proof that it was mailed before 1 OCT. I also heard package updates will be available every Wednesday beginning this month.

Guest 000000

Last year's board information has disappeared from BOL. I wonder if that means they are about to update the system with FY18 application status...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SandcrabCTT

I just checked the NPC FORMAN (Application Status) and I had sent my application both certified and also electronically and both show that they were received before the deadline date.  Where else would there be information on submitted packages/applications, thanks?

Guest I-Heart-Torpedoes
4 hours ago, 000000 said:

Has anyone's application popped up on BOL yet?  Mine has not, and it has me worried that it was not received. 

Yes, mine showed up in BOL last week

Guest I-Heart-Torpedoes
2 hours ago, Gunz and Roses said:

Nothing for me yet. I know that it's irrational, but I have the same worry as you, despite the fact that I sent it certified mail and KNOW that it made it to the right place.

You could e-mail the NPC help desk and they will tell you if they received your package. Also, you can go through the NPC website under selection boards on the homepage in the left hand column.

Guest I-Heart-Torpedoes
46 minutes ago, SandcrabCTT said:

I just checked the NPC FORMAN (Application Status) and I had sent my application both certified and also electronically and both show that they were received before the deadline date.  Where else would there be information on submitted packages/applications, thanks?

You could e-mail the NPC help desk and they will tell you if they received your package. Also, you can go through the NPC website under selection boards on the homepage in the left hand column.

Guest SandcrabCTT
14 minutes ago, I-Heart-Torpedoes said:

Thanks a bunch!  I did go to the NPC help desk and did see that my applications were received.

Guest HawaiiGM

I submitted my package and I have two great appraisals, all 10s!. The other appraisal I have, I received  5s from the interviewer. 

All 3 appraisals happened during the same interview.  Does anybody know how much the bad appraisal is going to hurt me at the selection board?

7 hours ago, HawaiiGM said:

I submitted my package and I have two great appraisals, all 10s!. The other appraisal I have, I received  5s from the interviewer. 

All 3 appraisals happened during the same interview.  Does anybody know how much the bad appraisal is going to hurt me at the selection board?

Appraisals are important, but I believe the complete package carries more weight. Did you ask why the appraiser gave you 5s? Board members have explained to me that a strong record is the key to selection. A weak record with outstanding appraisals is not. What this means is that if you have what they are looking for in the designator you are applying for, your appraisals can be overlooked. One of my  appraisers gave me a 9 on one traitor and I explained to him that this board is extremely competitive and he changed it. Some use the evaluation or fitrep notion of not giving all 5, and you may have to explain to them that it is not the case with this board. However, a lot of candidates have been selected without having all 10s. How was the write up?

• Like 1

Guest I-Heart-Torpedoes
12 hours ago, HawaiiGM said:

I'm not an expert since it's my first time applying for LDO, but I think if the appraisal justifies the individual giving you a 5 out of 10. It kind of doesn't make sense that two board members gave you a 10 and one a 5? Was the 5 from the highest ranking member of the board?

3 hours ago, Gunz and Roses said:

The appraisal board is very subjective, because it is asking that person their opinion on the potential the applicant displays. You can have one person who simply doesn't like your reasoning or thought process in the way you answer questions, or maybe they assess them to be nervous or not genuine. I had one Officer on my first board tell me he doesn't give 10s, because he's never seen a perfect candidate. You are right though, the trait list and write up should explain why that board member thought the way they did. 5 is really low though, and that should have been explained to you in a debrief just as a courtesy.

Exactly. The 5s may be damaging especially if the interviewer is a respected Mustang in the community. But I still believe the record is the most important determinant. Your CO's strong recommendation could still neutralize a weak appraisal from one interviewer who may have known you for just an hour.