Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal

CTRC(5)

FY-18 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Rate this topic

450 posts in this topic

I've been creepin.  I'm guessing no news yet.  I'm TAD in PCOLA so I'm hoping to get news on here haha

1 person likes this

There's still time, though I'm still thinking Tuesday. An LDO I know thinks today is the day, however.

1 minute ago, SWSeabee said:

There's still time, though I'm still thinking Tuesday. An LDO I know thinks today is the day, however.

just as I was about to leave my desk...

A Board member kept asking yesterday at my command if I heard anything about when the results will come out. He actually did an appraisal for me. Do all board members see the final list? The member is not the designator I applied for, so I am not sure if he already knows my fate. I am not a body language expert to analyze his demeanor.

Getting about that time and we're only at 13 pages.  Either there wasn't a lot of participation this year, or people know it's not happening today.

I'm guessing Tuesday like some others in here,

1 person likes this

Why do people keep guessing Tuesday?  CMC/CSC results came out at 1800Z.  There is still time today.  As for the posts on that other place, some people are making themselves look like donkeys!  Relax everyone...

Just talked to some CWO's and LDO's and they really believe that the results will post next week, so I'm going to stay out of the forum and NPC until Monday morning unless I get word they are out from reliable sources. Good luck to all my fellow 716X applicants and all other hopeful LDO/CWO applicants!

1 person likes this

The CWO OCM just posted that it will be early next week. Enjoy your weekend everyone!!! 

CWO OCM said early next week....

Confirmed...Next week.  Have a good weekend guys!

I love how people can't just take what she said and leave it alone.  "So does early mean Monday or Tuesday?" Lol.  Stop making yourself look desperate! Relax, enjoy the weekend, and gear up for next week.  I myself am going to brew up a nice NEIIPA!

7 minutes ago, ENC said:

I love how people can't just take what she said and leave it alone.  "So does early mean Monday or Tuesday?" Lol.  Stop making yourself look desperate! Relax, enjoy the weekend, and gear up for next week.  I myself am going to brew up a nice NEIIPA!

I'd just say people are anxious.  Not desperate.  I mean, we're all here on this forum for a reason right?  Again, I'm assuming that would include you...  Desperate may be a stretch though.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, ENC said:

What is the NEI? I'm going to go eat ship food, then do a ranking board, then go stand watch. Rinse and repeat until next week.

1 minute ago, GMFCC said:

What is the NEI? I'm going to go eat ship food, then do a ranking board, then go stand watch. Rinse and repeat until next week.

THE GOOD LIFE!

17 minutes ago, ENC said:

Considering the fact she said expect them today and then changed it, people are rightfully irritated.  If you think it makes them look desparate, what do you think it makes you look like making fun of them?  Just saying.  

1 person likes this

Where are you guys seeing the OCM posting updates? 

It makes them look desperate. If she had or wanted to release the day, she would have. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Mustang6235 said:

It makes them look desperate. If she had or wanted to release the day, she would have. 

You guys really know how to treat Sailors, huh?  Just trash them anonymously on a forum.  God forbid someone get anxious about advancement.  OCM's are there to field questions.  If she doesn't have the answer or want to give it, just don't.  It's as simple as that.  But don't make fun of someone for asking.

Think before you speak.  A First Class shouldn't have to tell Chiefs and Officers this.

She gave out information that she didn't have to give out. A simple thank you would have sufficed, not more follow on questions. 

Appreciate her going out of her way to post information, not continue to press for  specifics. 

1 person likes this

And if you would like, I can PM contact information so we can move away from anonymous banter on the matter. 

1 minute ago, Mustang6235 said:

She gave out information that she didn't have to give out. A simple thank you would have sufficed, not more follow on questions. 

Appreciate her going out of her way to post information, not continue to press for  specifics. 

I completely agree she did everyone a solid by putting that info out.

1 minute ago, Mustang6235 said:

And if you would like, I can PM contact information so we can move away from anonymous banter on the matter. 

If you want to chastise me for criticizing you, go for it.  But the issue is you anonymously criticizing Sailors.  You made an effort to call them desperate rather than just scrolling on by.

NEIIPA is a North Eastern Double India Pale Ale.  Known to be hazy/juicy.

I stand by my comments.  Continuing to hound a CWO5 for more info about results release after they gave you some information makes you look desperate and over eager.

2 people like this

Alright you with Dallas Cowboys hat, over there! <points to the left>

And you, with the beer bong ballcap over there!! <points to the right>

Now, I haven't done this in a while, but today at 5PM we're all going to start a campfire, join hands, dance in a big circle and sing Tra-la-la songs in joyish contentment while drinking some dark ale (or milk with cookies), or even that NEIIPA!!

5 people like this