Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal

CTRC(5)

FY-18 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Rate this topic

osiris0107

5/16 odds, almost as good of odds as for my designator!!!

• Like 2

CWO2B

So I thought Thursday would be the day, but I will take Friday, no doubt!  I need closure! lol

CWO2B
9 hours ago, ETSW said:

I came from Hawaii as last station to Pentagon DC.  I would kill to get back there. I got orders to Everett but, hopefully they get canceled after results. If not then back to sea to reinforce the package.

I'm ready to leave Hawaii.  I was in San Diego, then here.  Trying to get back to the East Coast now.  I have orders to Dam Neck, but like you said, I hope they get cancelled! lol

GMFCC

So, my bet is that tomorrow is the day for sure. I've been on that "after captain results" thing, so hopefully my predictions come true! :)

• Like 3

Guest kelticfrog

Has anyone heard any rumor on whether NSW is getting rid of CWOs like they did LDOs? Specifically SEALs?

ENC
5 minutes ago, kelticfrog said:

Has anyone heard any rumor on whether NSW is getting rid of CWOs like they did LDOs? Specifically SEALs?

I'd venture a guess that you're the only one within that community on here.  Have there been rumblings about it in the recent past?

• Like 2

HooYahDeepSea
55 minutes ago, kelticfrog said:

Haven't heard anything. Are you in the east or west coast?

i don't see why your community would. I totally understand the logic behind LDOs being phased out.

osiris0107

Has anyone on here ever completed those Homeland Security(I-V) Certifications before? Just trying to take courses that can help build my package.

HooYahDeepSea
2 hours ago, Warrantmaybe said:

So I thought Thursday would be the day, but I will take Friday, no doubt!  I need closure! lol

Hoping for tomorrow, but it might be ending up a Tuesday release.

• Like 1

Intel
7 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Has anyone on here ever completed those Homeland Security(I-V) Certifications before? Just trying to take courses that can help build my package.

I did levels I and V, but I don't know how much they would help.

Intel
8 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Was designator did you apply for?

Airframer718
9 hours ago, HooYahDeepSea said:

Hoping for tomorrow, but it might be ending up a Tuesday release.

LDOs/CWOs acting real funny right now around my command?

• Like 2

CTRC(5)
9 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

I did all five of them. I don't know how much they would really help except to say that you are trying to further educate yourself. Of course I've never sat the board so I am not 100% sure, just assuming.

GMFCC

the site which shall not be named is blowing up... WO Rivera apparently said something that makes some guy believe that results will be out today, but the context of what he read leaves me uncertain that LDO/CWO results are what she was talking about...

• Like 3

Intel
56 minutes ago, GMFCC said:

the site which shall not be named is blowing up... WO Rivera apparently said something that makes some guy believe that results will be out today, but the context of what he read leaves me uncertain that LDO/CWO results are what she was talking about...

I'll be honest, I don't think that was uncertain.  She clearly meant the accession message would be released.  Maybe the CWO OCM is throwing hopefuls a bone?

• Like 2

Mustang6235

Since no one has jumped on here with the message release date/time, that means one of two things. 

1) Those Chiefs have transferred or are no longer active in this forum. 

2) The release isn't imminent. 

Intel
Just now, MM1(SW) said:

Since no one has jumped on here with the message release date/time, that means one of two things. 

1) Those Chiefs have transferred or are no longer active in this forum. 

2) The release isn't imminent. 

The last two years, the results were released around 11CST.  Only time will tell...

Mustang6235

I mean, previously around Feb 23, Chiefs posted that on Feb 25 at 1100 hours, results will be released at this time. 

I found out about my S because of this forum. 

AEGISFC1
2 hours ago, CTRC(5) said:

I did all five of them. I don't know how much they would really help except to say that you are trying to further educate yourself. Of course I've never sat the board so I am not 100% sure, just assuming.

How were they?  I am interested if you could talk a but more about them.  Even if I get picked up, it is something that I want to do.  

Intel
19 minutes ago, AEGISFC1 said:

How were they?  I am interested if you could talk a but more about them.  Even if I get picked up, it is something that I want to do.  

Speaking for Levels I and V, they weren't really that hard to get.  The study guides are about 70 pages long.

AEGISFC1
1 minute ago, Intel said:

Speaking for Levels I an V, they weren't really that hard to get.  The study guides are about 70 pages long.

You study it and take a test, and that is it? Doesnt seem too bad.

Intel
1 minute ago, AEGISFC1 said:

You study it and take a test, and that is it? Doesnt seem too bad.

Yeah.  I was done with Level I in about 20 minutes and Level V took about 40-45.

wil
10 minutes ago, AEGISFC1 said:

Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 55 Guests (See full list)

I was the creeper, forgot to login.

• Like 1

SailorDude
1 minute ago, wil said:

I was the creeper, forgot to login.

same here... Not looking like today