WHEN DO YOU GET PAID FOR E7?

Newly selected Chief Petty Officers will be paid over 12 pay increments beginning in September. Pay increments are based on seniority within each rating and across the Navy. No less than three percent are advanced each month for the first 11 months, with the majority of new Chiefs being advanced in August 2016. The Navy Enlisted Advancement System fair-shares pay dates based on rating size, so larger ratings advance more candidates than do small ratings as increments are processed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Jason Jarsquid

So based off of the explanation, if I am #20 out of 60 who made Chief this year in my rate, I won't get paid until August? Because at 3% each month comes to 1.8 (hopefully they round up to 2), which means only 18 of the 60 will get paid before August.

• 3 years later...
Guest Chief(sel) (COVID season)

I made E-7 off of the FY-21 board.  I am the only one that made it in my rate.  I have been a paid E-6 for 10 years.  When will my profile sheet update to show my pay date?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ITC(SEL) - FY21
On 11/2/2020 at 7:01 AM, Guest Chief(sel) (COVID season) said:

I made E-7 off of the FY-21 board.  I am the only one that made it in my rate.  I have been a paid E-6 for 10 years.  When will my profile sheet update to show my pay date?

Chief Select, look at the number next to your name on the NAVADMIN. That is your seniority. The lower the number, the more senior you are. The Navy will advance 3% each month for the first 11 months, and then everyone on the 12th month. This will be backdate to September, despite the results coming out in November this year. 

1/3 of the Chief selects will be paid early. 2/3 will see their pay change September 2022 when they are officially advanced. 

Congratulations on your selection. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest imaginethat1105

I'm a Chief Select in the FTS community listed as #1 of 4. I noticed that the Navy paid Active Duty and Reserves but did not pay the FTS community. I contacted several of my my fellow FTS brothers and sisters and they identified the same issue as me. I also FLTMPS some of my Active Duty brothers and sisters to verify. My question is did the Navy miss us FTS Chief Selects and if so would we still possibly get back pay. 

Guest OSC (sel) Anthony Frey
On 11/20/2020 at 11:55 AM, Guest ITC(SEL) - FY21 said:

Chief Select, look at the number next to your name on the NAVADMIN. That is your seniority. The lower the number, the more senior you are. The Navy will advance 3% each month for the first 11 months, and then everyone on the 12th month. This will be backdate to September, despite the results coming out in November this year. 

1/3 of the Chief selects will be paid early. 2/3 will see their pay change September 2022 when they are officially advanced. 

Congratulations on your selection. 

Oh great, all knowing honorable fountain of wisdom. Excuse my slovenly appearance....

With your description: I am ranked 16 out of a 120. with that logic 3% of 120 is 3.6 ppl per month. I should get paid December or January? depends on if they round up the 3.6.