FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest HawkISback
1 hour ago, Blankslate said:

I honestly think it's worse for me than for him. In my mind, if he makes it is the same as if he went out on a 6 week work up on a boat det. That throws all kind of things into the mix since my whole routine with my kids will change at that point, 

I understand.  For a military family to work  you have to have w strong foundation.  Spouses form that, I know my wife literally saved my life, if not for her I might never have stopped doing crazy things.  Plus once we were married I realized I am working for us and not me.  Just as much as I was embracing the suck for three years, so was she.  Oftentimes people forget about the spouse during deployments.  Best of luck.  

Guest OldSalt
1 minute ago, 343SBE said:

side note, 81 guests at 8 am, wonder what total number we will have in say 3 hours...:4225:

I would make a joke about "Is there something happening today?!" But, last time I did that I ended up in the drink without my time piece! :D

Guest HawkISback
16 minutes ago, Tony said:

Hang in there. For some reason it is a slower that possible process. Anyone else?

In a few I be in the office. 

Guest itdominance

here I am sweating it out like all of ya. Said I was done but couldn't stay away. Finished my separation physical yesterday at Fort Knox. Ebenefits keeps timing out when I try to submit my disability claim. Ugg! now this stress! I have a 2nd job interview tomorrow also! Yet the results are what's making my blood pressure soar!

Guest Blankslate
1 minute ago, HawkISback said:

I understand.  For a military family to work  you have to have w strong foundation.  Spouses form that, I know my wife literally saved my life, if not for her I might never have stopped doing crazy things.  Plus once we were married I realized I am working for us and not me.  Just as much as I was embracing the suck for three years, so was she.  Oftentimes people forget about the spouse during deployments.  Best of luck.  

This is a bit different. Usually I have a lead time to warn my older 2 about their new responsibilities (additional chores that they normally assist with become their responsibility when dad is gone) so for this all I can do is go "This is going to change if Dad gets good news". It's harder this time than in past years because I went back to school full time and we've lately been working things out around my schedule more than his since he's on shore duty so it will be a big switch this time for the older kids. 

Guest Mightyorion

Hello all, long time reader and new member. I'm wishing everyone of you good luck and to remember the more important aspects of our lives should the "N" be received. This forum has always been a great repository of knowledge and I appreciate all those who have and continue to contribute. 

Guest Blankslate
1 minute ago, Mightyorion said:

remember the more important aspects of our lives should the "N" be received

Arguing with my youngest that she doesn't need to take a fruit roll-up to the bathroom with her. 

Guest Mightyorion
1 minute ago, Blankslate said:

Arguing with my youngest that she doesn't need to take a fruit roll-up to the bathroom with her. 

Why not?

Guest Blankslate
Just now, Mightyorion said:

Why not?

we've had...issues with things going in the potty that shouldn't and having to call the repair people to get things out gets costly. 

Guest itdominance
2 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

@itdominance. Your stationed there or on terminal there?

stationed in Crane, Indiana. FT Knox is where we all go for separation physicals. On a side not I completed my Master's Degree Program last Friday also as my thesis was graded and approved! Yet all I want to hear is the S finally! Even if I get out in 37 days.

Guest Blankslate
1 minute ago, HawkISback said:

Haha adults take their phones in restroom.  She's just pre-staging. 

She takes her iPad in there for her 10 minutes after dinner. In the morning I'd really rather food stay at the table than wander into the bathroom.

Guest OldSalt
8 minutes ago, AMC Hopeful said:

Same for us, she is my rock each year, this one has been bad. We have decided that if I don't get selected I will finish to 20 and get out. I would still get one more look, but I don't want to chase down E-9 against the ropes and hit the civilian job market too old. So, drinking tonight on way or the other.

CMC is making rounds and calls to prep people up. "the decision is made, don't stress it now."

That is where I was at last year. I will just put in the plug not to go overboard tonight what ever happens. Keep in mind you have Sailors to still take care of in the morning regardless of what happens. 

Guest HawkISback
10 minutes ago, itdominance said:

stationed in Crane, Indiana. FT Knox is where we all go for separation physicals. On a side not I completed my Master's Degree Program last Friday also as my thesis was graded and approved! Yet all I want to hear is the S finally! Even if I get out in 37 days.

Awe man that's like twenty minutes from my parents house , what's the command name?  Congrats on your thesis, I know my wife was hating that process when we were dating. 

Guest AMC Hopeful
2 minutes ago, OneLastDance said:

That is where I was at last year. I will just put in the plug not to go overboard tonight what ever happens. Keep in mind you have Sailors to still take care of in the morning regardless of what happens. 

Absolutely true, no crazy stuff. I remember 2 cases in the past. In Lemoore, lets say 10ish years ago an AOC Select went out and got a DUI, older rules, he still got to put it on. On the flip side, I know a guy that went from Selectee to Second class. Wise words to all regardless of the S or N. Keep your head, play it safe and have a plan.  

Guest AMC Hopeful
2 minutes ago, OneLastDance said:

Absolutely true, no crazy stuff. I remember 2 cases in the past. In Lemoore, lets say 10ish years ago an AOC Select went out and got a DUI, older rules, he still got to put it on. On the flip side, I know a guy that went from Selectee to Second class. Wise words to all regardless of the S or N. Keep your head, play it safe and have a plan.  

Guest itdominance
2 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

Awe man that's like twenty minutes from my command, what's the command name?  Congrats on your thesis, I know my wife was hating that process when we were dating. 

NSWC DET Crane. Where sailors go to commit career suicide. haha. In reality most peeps retire from here. Where you stationed at? I was impressed with Knox's PX. Our NX is about the size of a small gas station.