FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest Blankslate
Just now, CryptoSquid said:

has anyone heard a different time other than being released at 1100 EST tomorrow to triad? the folks here seem to think its later and they arent going to announce it until wednesday.... I have a feeling there is a line crossed and if they go that route, most people will already know before an all hands call wednesday later in the day

1100 EST triad came straight from the CNP's office so if your command is saying something different, they might want to go ahead and check tomorrow anyway. The Navadmin is scheduled to be released on Wednesday. 

Guest navyordie123
5 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

I've met guys who are dead set on them being selected--to the point where they say if their name isn't on the list that they would lose all faith in the Navy's process. I am curious what the ratio would be of people who are very confident to those who are not.

It upsets me when people are so confident and then they don't get selected and throw fits like little kids. I know that if I do or don't get selected its God's will and that I either need to get used to not having a lot of sleep or study for next year and keep pushing. I know some people are really good but no need for cockiness, those are the people to me that step over people to get to where they are vice helping people and having success that way

Guest AWFChief
1 hour ago, Tony said:

FY17 Active Duty CPO Results Timeline

• AUG 02 TUE 1100 ET - Command BOL (Triad)
  • AUG 03 WED 1100 ET - SBE can view their status in BOL & NAVADMIN release on All Hands Online (Public Release)

4 minutes ago, CryptoSquid said:

has anyone heard a different time other than being released at 1100 EST tomorrow to triad? the folks here seem to think its later and they arent going to announce it until wednesday.... I have a feeling there is a line crossed and if they go that route, most people will already know before an all hands call wednesday later in the day

@Tony 's post looks pretty official to me.  Sounds like someone is messing with you

Guest CryptoSquid
7 minutes ago, AWFChief said:

@Tony 's post looks pretty official to me.  Sounds like someone is messing with you

lol, possible, but I unfortunately think its a matter of missed communication, I actually brought to attention to a few of the MCs the release info from all hands, and it doesnt seem to have been filtered throughout yet... I just have a few meetings tomorrow, that will directly conflict with a late afternoon all hands that i need to understand what needs shifting, so i dont have my sailors driving up and down the island only to be recalled last minute or cancellations. The person running the show on some of these meeting has different information and is acting on that vice what I tried talking to him about.

Guest BigFIshCA
54 minutes ago, Squidly said:

What UIC was on your answer sheet? That's where you'll be counted for advancement. 

It was my previous command.  But just having talked to my CPC he was saying that I was gained in the new command on paper. 

Guest NavyWifey

Any other nervous wives?! 

I was totally good up until a couple hrs ago. Hubby has duty tonight so at least he can't see me wigging out :blink:

Good luck to all SBEs (and spouses!!)

Guest Blankslate
1 minute ago, NavyWifey said:

Any other nervous wives?! 

I was totally good up until a couple hrs ago. Hubby has duty tonight so at least he can't see wigging out :blink:

Good luck to all SBEs (and spouses!!)

I am right there with you! This year seems easier to handle than last year but the insomnia kicked in last week. 

Guest NavyChic2003
15 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

It upsets me when people are so confident and then they don't get selected and throw fits like little kids. I know that if I do or don't get selected its God's will and that I either need to get used to not having a lot of sleep or study for next year and keep pushing. I know some people are really good but no need for cockiness, those are the people to me that step over people to get to where they are vice helping people and having success that way

I don't necessarily think it's cockiness... what if someone has just really put in hard work and has done exactly what the precepts say they are looking for in a Chief Petty Officer?  I can say personally, I understand the statement of losing faith in the system.  I think I read someone else say this before, but it gets tiring of always hearing to keep doing the same thing from you CoC without any results.

Guest FCC_Thawk
12 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

I am the guy behind the guy who put the S in 9N-S. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the selected!, the tried, the accepted! The @FC1THawk

That was my audition. Let me know if I get a call back.

@CPO_Pride247 you're hired lol!

Guest FCC_Thawk
4 minutes ago, NavyChic2003 said:

I don't necessarily think it's cockiness... what if someone has just really put in hard work and has done exactly what the precepts say they are looking for in a Chief Petty Officer?  I can say personally, I understand the statement of losing faith in the system.  I think I read someone else say this before, but it gets tiring of always hearing to keep doing the same thing from you CoC without any results.

I was the one that said it gets tired of hearing the same old "keep doing what you're doing" bit. It gets very tiring when you've heard it for a decade. I feel that this year is my best chance to date, and if I don't get selected, I have no idea what the board would want from

me. 

Guest BigFIshCA
1 minute ago, FC1THawk said:

I was the one that said it gets tired of hearing the same old "keep doing what you're doing" bit. It gets very tiring when you've heard it for a decade. I feel that this year is my best chance to date, and if I don't get selected, I have no idea what the board would want from

me. 

I agree brother.  When the best they can give you is "keep doing what you are doing" it feels like somehow your best wasn't good enough and they just sent you down a creek with no paddle.  I don't know if I could handle a decade, but I commend your resolve.

Guest HM8432

One final good luck to all who await the "S"! Only a few hours left. I tried to find out from my LCPO how notification would work. 

Me: "Do we know how the notifications are going to happen?"

LCPO: "I know how they're going to happen!" (While smirking)"Nice try though."

He got me. 

Guest navyordie123
12 minutes ago, NavyChic2003 said:

I completely understand where you are coming from and it's not everyone. If you have all the wickets and know you are good at what you do that's fine. But what I was getting at is that there is a line between being humble about what you do and being cocky about it. There are those few that think they are better than everyone else. But those are few and far between.

Guest navyordie123
18 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

@navyordie123 One of the most important lessons in life is being humble. I would like to recommend a book for you called Thick Face, Black Heart. I think you would enjoy it. Some people need that punch in the gut to humble them, while others already I will be the first to admit when I wasn't selected the first time I poured a big glass of hatorade. The second time I was able to be happy for others and look at myself as the reason I wasn't selected. We can't control everyone's reaction or how people behave. We can only control the standard that we emulate for others to follow.

I agree with you and just like you I was so upset the first couple of times but I now know either S or N that I have to be humble and keep pushing.

Guest Blankslate
1 minute ago, OrdieDevilDolphin said:

So to ease my mind im buying a boat haha, literally

My husband was given a boat which killed my plans to buy him a Kayak if he made Chief. 

Guest FCC_Thawk
15 minutes ago, Donkey Racer said:

I think that response is coming from individuals who may or may not be training in the correct way.

Believe me as Chiefs we are always training our replacement. Even as a FCPO you are supposed to be training your replacement. It does not always have to be that the stars are aligned and you recieved a kiss from an angel to get selected. 

You can see by the reaction from the Chiefs here on this site that we are pulling for all of you to make Chief. I know many have offered help and guidance which is very extraordinary.  Do take advantage of those who wish to help to you. Find a mentor who will do just that. It does not and in my opinion should not be someone from your command.

Networking will show you the way. If you dont get the answer you seek find it somewhere else.

Find your goals by looking outside of your window.

Chief, I see where you're coming from. im not throwing shade at any of the CPO's in my career, but several Chiefs have looked through my record with a fine toothed comb and outside of my limited duty periods, can't find anything wrong with my record. I'm just hoping that I've brought enough to the table to overcome my LIMDU's. 

Guest Intel

I've always been curious...how long after triad release is NEAS updated? Can I pull command statistics tomorrow at 11 and see that? Or is that updated the same as SBE BOL?

Guest Intel
8 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

It will be a few days before NEAS updates. With the new system of TRIAD notification, things tend to work in reverse order now.

Well that's great considering our OIC is on travel and our SEL is on convalescent leave.  Wednesday it is!

Guest Intel
8 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

Usually if you have an OIC you also have a parent command. They will get your results. Hopefully they are tracking and will let you know.

I hope so.  We only have three SBE so it should be quick and painless.

Guest AlohaChicken
6 hours ago, Boats_Petey said:

so now that we know when.

If you make it or not, who is the person you call and what will you do?

Well if my husband doesn't make it I won't hear until he gets home. If he does he better call me! Or he might make me wait either way. Basically the same way you all are waiting on how you will get the results, I am also waiting because I don't know how I am going to get his results! :P