FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest OS1/CCC
8 minutes ago, Jackson2019 said:

I have a question.  Since the results are released to the triad tommorow.  Will the SBE get the results individualy on BOL?  Not a glutton for punishment but for some reason I rather see the S or N before I get told.  So if I don't make it I rather have my butt hurt moment over quickly so I can congratulate my brothers who did get the S.  

that would be my preference as well, but no.. that should update either Wednesday or Thursday.

Guest CryptoSquid

one last good luck to all my brothers and sisters anxiously waiting for tomorrow, I wish I could see the S for all of you.  Hopefully 6th time is a charm for me this year! is not, back to the grind! best part is my command will have notification at 0500 my time, but i have a feeling they wont have the all hands call until 14..1500. thatll be the worst anticipation!

Guest OldSalt

While we are all coming to terms with what is about to happen in our lives I wanted to put this out. Today take a minute to reach out to anyone that has really helped you along the way. Be they family, friends, old shipmates. And, just tell them thank you for what they have done and sacrificed for you to get this far.

Guest FCC_Thawk

Not sure if there are any "sports entertainment" fans in here, but my failure to make Chief has become known as "The Streak".  If I'm fortunate enough to get the S tomorrow, I will do my best Michael Cole impression and say "The streak....  Is over!"  I just need someone to react like Paul Heyman did and I'll be good to go lol!!

Guest navyordie123
6 minutes ago, FC1THawk said:

Not sure if there are any "sports entertainment" fans in here, but my failure to make Chief has become known as "The Streak".  If I'm fortunate enough to get the S tomorrow, I will do my best Michael Cole impression and say "The streak....  Is over!"  I just need someone to react like Paul Heyman did and I'll be good to go lol!!

I got you, I'll be Paul heyman

1 hour ago, Jackson2019 said:

I have a question.  Since the results are released to the triad tommorow.  Will the SBE get the results individualy on BOL?  Not a glutton for punishment but for some reason I rather see the S or N before I get told.  So if I don't make it I rather have my butt hurt moment over quickly so I can congratulate my brothers who did get the S.  

SBE will see the results in BOL exactly 24 hrs after Triad.

Guest OldSalt
1 minute ago, OS1/CCC said:

its to quiet.. Is this the quiet before the storm everyone refers too?

I guess so. Tomorrow gale force winds, and huge swells predicted sometime after lunch.

Guest OS1/CCC
1 minute ago, OneLastDance said:

I guess so. Tomorrow gale force winds, and huge swells predicted sometime after lunch.

For our command it will be just after breakfast. lol

Guest Riverine Rat

Going to try and stay as busy as I can tomorrow and hope I lose track of time. But I know I will be thinking about it every second that ticks slowly by. 

Guest Blankslate
6 minutes ago, OS1/CCC said:

its to quiet.. Is this the quiet before the storm everyone refers too?

I think this is the quiet before the giant F5 tornado comes and rips everything you have ever known from the foundation. 

Guest HawkISback
1 hour ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

Here's a question. When wrestlers come to the ring and batters in baseball come to the mound they have their get motivated music (theme song) playing. If you get selected, what tune should be playing in the background? What is that one song that will bring the moment to a whole new level? I know it's kind of cheesy, just want people to think of something fun while awaiting the results.

8 mile. 

Guest OS1/CCC
2 minutes ago, CTN(IW/SW) said:

Good luck to all the SBE's.  Going to be quite a nerve wracking morning.

to late. lol

Guest CTN(IW/SW)
Just now, OS1/CCC said:

to late. lol

I have to be up at 0400 EST to get ready and go in to work.  Going to be the longest 7 hours I've had to deal with in a while.

Guest OS1/CCC
Just now, Blankslate said:

I think right now "Final Countdown" Should be playing in the background 

thats what is playing in my head.

Guest BigFIshCA
1 minute ago, Blankslate said:

I think right now "Final Countdown" Should be playing in the background 

For me its the iconic Danger Zone!

Guest Squidly
2 hours ago, BigFIshCA said:

I'm actually in a strange pickle, as I am currently PCS'ing technically but I've already been TAD to my next command before going to school.  Would my last command be notified or my gaining command?

What UIC was on your answer sheet? That's where you'll be counted for advancement. 

Guest AWFChief

Good luck to all SBE tomorrow!!  I hope you all get your S, but if you don't keep pushing!  I know it will be hard to sleep tonight because it feels like the night before Christmas, but try to spend some time relaxing and get some rest!!!!

Best of luck

Guest iamevilradio
On July 29, 2016 at 5:22 PM, CPO_Pride247 said:

They mean a lot to your EVAL. The hard part is coming up with something original that the board hasn't seen before. Something catchy. Check your email on here. I have an EVAL writing guide from a Master Chief, but I don't want to put it up for public view since it has his name on it. Anyone else interested in seeing it, shoot me an email.

Thanks for the attachment! Much appreciated. 

Guest Blankslate

In this moment my kids have brought about a bit of calm in the storm. Here I am planning 13 contingencies for if he gets the S or if he gets the N and my kids are just sitting here watching Hotel Transylvania 2 for what seems like the 100th time as if nothing important to their world was going to be happening tomorrow. I think maybe I should take my cue from my (almost) 3 year old and just sit back as if nothing is going to make tomorrow any different from today. 

Guest CryptoSquid

has anyone heard a different time other than being released at 1100 EST tomorrow to triad? the folks here seem to think its later and they arent going to announce it until wednesday.... I have a feeling there is a line crossed and if they go that route, most people will already know before an all hands call wednesday later in the day