FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest navyordie123
1 minute ago, OneLastDance said:

Yes. I am writing to confirm my stretcher reservation for tomorrow. :D

Reserving mine now too and some ordie bandaids too. Need a few extra for my fellow ordies out there. Maybe a few red and black striped stretchers as well. IYAOYAS!!

Guest Blankslate

my FINRA Fellowship books and study materials came in the mail today so I have something to take my mind off what time it is until I get a phone call/text message. 

Guest Riverine Rat
Just now, Tony said:

Holy bedazzled jewels - @Riverine Rat Passed out!

Medical Emergency medical emergency! Medical emergency port aft of Suzy's bar & Grill at the milk & cookie stand!! Medical emergency!!

Im good now just taking a combat nap prior to results coming out just incase I get the call tomorrow. Trying to get as much rest now before sleep becomes a purple unicorn you only hear about in fairy tails lol.

Guest OS1/CCC

I am so nervous right now. lol. I am also 6 hours behind the east coast on deployment as some of you already know. So tomorrow wake up and come to the office... the results to the triad will already be released. ugh. I will be sitting in my office doing my work literally on the edge of my seat. lol Didnt really have this issue last year. Good luck to all of the SBE's out there!

Guest Boats_Petey
3 minutes ago, OS1/CCC said:

I am so nervous right now. lol. I am also 6 hours behind the east coast on deployment as some of you already know. So tomorrow wake up and come to the office... the results to the triad will already be released. ugh. I will be sitting in my office doing my work literally on the edge of my seat. lol Didnt really have this issue last year. Good luck to all of the SBE's out there!

I'm not expecting to make it. We also have battalion Quarters so everyone will be out there when the list is read. I'd prefer the 1MC announcement over command quarters.  

Guest HawkISback
3 minutes ago, Boats_Petey said:

I'm not expecting to make it. We also have battalion Quarters so everyone will be out there when the list is read. I'd prefer the 1MC announcement over command quarters.  

Yes if it's an N I would rather get it quietly.   I'm putting myself as if i didn't get selected mentally.  That way if I did not it's not as painful. 

Guest navyordie123
4 minutes ago, Boats_Petey said:

I'm off tomorrow and driving down to LAX tomorrow morning to drop off my girls, so I'm gonna be in the airport when I get the call tomorrow morning. :blink:

Guest BigFIshCA

I'm actually in a strange pickle, as I am currently PCS'ing technically but I've already been TAD to my next command before going to school.  Would my last command be notified or my gaining command?

Guest Blankslate
1 minute ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

Phase II is not meant to interfere with things already planned. My advice would be to have your husband, if he hasn't already to let his LCPO know about the exam ASAP. Per the MCPON's Guidance Phase II will not interfere with duties or previously planned appointments. Plus, I am sure the Navy and his command would rather him pass an exam than to fail a class and be on the hook for paying back $750.00 to TA.

His LCPO (and really the whole mess) knows about this final exam. He's been triple questioning them if he should have asked to move it to today. 

Guest OS1/CCC
13 minutes ago, Boats_Petey said:

8 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

Yes if it's an N I would rather get it quietly.   I'm putting myself as if i didn't get selected mentally.  That way if I did not it's not as painful. 

I have been telling myself for weeks I havent made it. Yet this year I had the" what if i am selected" insomnia and reading the results are going to be released to the triad tomorrow.. i don't know what to expect. I have a plan either way, but after 17 years, it would be nice to have that "S"

Guest CursedSwabbie
24 minutes ago, OS1/CCC said:

from one OS to another, Good luck Friend!

Guest Cyber_IT
5 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

Here's a question. When wrestlers come to the ring and batters in baseball come to the mound they have their get motivated music (theme song) playing. If you get selected, what tune should be playing in the background? What is that one song that will bring the moment to a whole new level? I know it's kind of cheesy, just want people to think of something fun while awaiting the results.

Funny, I was thinking about that when I was running this morning! LOL  I'm gonna go old school and say Celebration by Kool and the Gang!

Guest navyordie123
9 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

Here's a question. When wrestlers come to the ring and batters in baseball come to the mound they have their get motivated music (theme song) playing. If you get selected, what tune should be playing in the background? What is that one song that will bring the moment to a whole new level? I know it's kind of cheesy, just want people to think of something fun while awaiting the results.

Here to Party Jason Aldean

Guest CursedSwabbie
7 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

Bon Jovi's Living on a Prayer is on right now...how fitting. If i was going to pick a song it would have to be Ferrell's Happy (cheese factor of 10)

Guest Jackson2019
On July 30, 2016 at 2:58 PM, CryptoSquid said:

did not mean to repost this had comment but somebody beat me to the punch

Guest OS1/CCC

On another note. I logged in to CMS-ID today to check on the status of my orders and it now says released. When I checked that, it was a few minutes before finding out about the triad release tomorrow??

Guest Jackson2019

I have a question.  Since the results are released to the triad tommorow.  Will the SBE get the results individualy on BOL?  Not a glutton for punishment but for some reason I rather see the S or N before I get told.  So if I don't make it I rather have my butt hurt moment over quickly so I can congratulate my brothers who did get the S.  

Guest NavyPride34
1 hour ago, Boats_Petey said:

so now that we know when.

If you make it or not, who is the person you call and what will you do?

I call my wife first.

Guest CursedSwabbie
3 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

I think Bon Jovi Blaze of Glory would be more fitting. :5274:

HAHA i cant stop laughing! I agree that it is way more fitting!

Guest Jackson2019

I have a question.  Since the results are released to the triad tommorow.  Will the SBE get the results individualy on BOL?  Not a glutton for punishment but for some reason I rather see the S or N before I get told.  So if I don't make it I rather have my butt hurt moment over quickly so I can congratulate my brothers who did get the S.  

Guest OldSalt

I will be calling my Wife either way first. If selected I would go with "This Cowboy's Hat" by Chris Ledoux, and if not "Let it go"