FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest JustAnLS
5 hours ago, aaronarf said:

Another dirt sailor in a sea going rate, I whole heartedly agree....I'd go back to Afghanistan any day - any time.  Four times to Afghan and one to Africa so far.  I also agree with your other posts many people believe that you are "dodging" sea duty by taking an IA or a challenging "EXW" style Type 2 Sea duty, even though in my opinion being on a ship is skate after doing a DDG tour prior to Expeditionary.  I had the opportunity to go recruiting for LS's at one of my special duty commands, went to every ship on the waterfront in San Diego and the LSCS/LSCM's...were all like "oh that's skate duty right?"  I do think with predominately sea going rates there is a bias against abnormal career paths and the lack of understanding of what really is involved by the majority of blue water folks.  Hopefully these communities can garner more recognition with participation of those leaders who have experience in these style duties volunteering to sit a selection board....really not many EXW/SCW/FMF qualified board members on the supply side I've seen looking over past membership.   

Second time SBE here...anxiously awaiting results like the rest of you.

One more thing I wanted to add...I could never stand it when people...especially when MC's say that our rate is a "sea going" rate. What does that really mean? Have you ever heard of a command that does not have an LS? Are LS's only able to work hard and make a difference on a ship? I don't think so. If you asked anyone at my last command they would have a different answer. Like the convening order says, all jobs are important. When it is time for us to transfer and the detailer says "I need you here" and you say ok...and it's not a ship how can that hurt us? I really wish we had more representation on the board too. Not sure about your command but getting selected for my last command required a screening that most LS's I know could not complete!

Guest OldSalt

I would be good with a "Surprise!" release tomorrow. Wednesday would also work. I have training and meetings all morning to help pass the time and keep me semi-distracted.

Guest NavyAEforlife
2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Anyone have access to the NAVADMIN?

It's just a Tweet on Twitter, stating that the results will be released to the Triad tomorrow, Tues, 1100 EST; and the NAVADMIN on Wednesday, at 1100 EST.

Guest OldSalt

I would be good with a "Surprise!" release tomorrow. Wednesday would also work. I have training and meetings all morning to help pass the time and keep me semi-distracted.

Just now, NavyAEforlife said:

It's just a Tweet on Twitter, stating that the results will be released to the Triad tomorrow, Tues, 1100 EST; and the NAVADMIN on Wednesday, at 1100 EST.

Darn it that's right I need the news release.

Guest FCC_Thawk

Still no word from the actual All Hands page or Navy Advancement Center.  When I see it there, then I'll know it's for real.

Guest NavyAEforlife
1 minute ago, Tony said:

Darn it that's right I need the news release.

My COC informs me that the Twitter account that posted it is in fact "legit".  The FTS/SELRES put their release sched out a month ago, via social media as well (it was just on facebook, not twitter).

Guest FCC_Thawk

Still no word from the actual All Hands page or Navy Advancement Center.  When I see it there, then I'll know it's for real.

Guest navyordie123
Just now, FC1THawk said:

I clicked the link and it's on npc website where the social media feed is at right below the navadminsnavadmin a

Just now, FC1THawk said:

Exactly, I was hoping for the news release (the one I kept calling the navadmin!!)

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)

What happened to the post with the "reliable source at NCP" saying Wednesday release? I always love those posts!

Ok, joking aside, it's time for real talk from the Mess. I know nerves are on edge right now and not much sleeping will be happening tonight. But please, please, please do NOT seek solitude at the bottom of a bottle tonight. I think everyone knows what I am talking about. Meditate, spend time with family, PT, do something productive, and maybe have a beer, but do NOT go out getting hammered, for your own safety, of course. I wish you all the best of luck. Have a SAFE day/evening/night and come to work tomorrow morning refreshed and ready to work hard, whether your name is on the list or not.

Guest OldSalt
1 minute ago, ITC(IW/SW/AW) said:

Ok, joking aside, it's time for real talk from the Mess. I know nerves are on edge right now and not much sleeping will be happening tonight. But please, please, please do NOT seek solitude at the bottom of a bottle tonight. I think everyone knows what I am talking about. Meditate, spend time with family, PT, do something productive, and maybe have a beer, but do NOT go out getting hammered, for your own safety, of course. I wish you all the best of luck. Have a SAFE day/evening/night and come to work tomorrow morning refreshed and ready to work hard, whether your name is on the list or not.

And, the same for tomorrow night. Please, do not let one good or bad result roll into even worse.

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)
Just now, OneLastDance said:

And, the same for tomorrow night. Please, do not let one good or bad result roll into even worse.

Well said.