FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest navyordie123

Be gone almost all weekend but I have been on here and there trying to catch up on a lot of the posts, saw some new tumors about Friday being the day but I agree with @Tony that it doesn't make sense cause they wouldn't publicly release on a Saturday. Hoping today is the day we at least know the release date. If they put the date out like they do results they we should know something in about an hour or so if not by the end of today, hoping that is.

Guest Old_Salt_ITC
2 minutes ago, Blankslate said:

That'd just be confirmation in my mind that the uppers like to mess with all of our heads during these highly stressful days leading to results. 

Time to change tactics. The SBEs have figured out our diabolic scheme to drive them insane!!!   :wacko::o<_<

10 minutes ago, AMC Hopeful said:

Funny thought, He may be lurking and waiting for this ruse to hit his desk.

@HawkISback is still typing folks. He asked me to help with the proofreading thingy. This is what he has so far:

Dear MCPON,

Stay tuned..
:)

Everyone's seen they posted the membership list right? I at least have worked with one person that went to the board. It's on the NPC website.

Guest Old_Salt_ITC
51 minutes ago, WJ77 said:

Heard from Senior that safety brief today, good chance results Friday. Could be smoke though.

Safety Brief is not necessarily an indication of pending results. We had ours on July 21st, sooooo .... :huh:

Guest JustAnLS
2 hours ago, aaronarf said:

Another dirt sailor in a sea going rate, I whole heartedly agree....I'd go back to Afghanistan any day - any time.  Four times to Afghan and one to Africa so far.  I also agree with your other posts many people believe that you are "dodging" sea duty by taking an IA or a challenging "EXW" style Type 2 Sea duty, even though in my opinion being on a ship is skate after doing a DDG tour prior to Expeditionary.  I had the opportunity to go recruiting for LS's at one of my special duty commands, went to every ship on the waterfront in San Diego and the LSCS/LSCM's...were all like "oh that's skate duty right?"  I do think with predominately sea going rates there is a bias against abnormal career paths and the lack of understanding of what really is involved by the majority of blue water folks.  Hopefully these communities can garner more recognition with participation of those leaders who have experience in these style duties volunteering to sit a selection board....really not many EXW/SCW/FMF qualified board members on the supply side I've seen looking over past membership.   

Second time SBE here...anxiously awaiting results like the rest of you.

In response to your post and @CPO_Pride247 I am another dirt sailor LS...and you guys may also be familiar with the term "just an LS." I spent 5 years at an EXW command and before that I was independent duty with a Mine shop. As an LS I never really got looked at as the same as the other guys. I was the support and they were the "doers". My senior rater was always the same rate as theirs. Even though they liked me and I worked my butt off for them, they really didn't know my rate or my roadmap but knew what it was for their rates. Those "doers" always had the preference and awesome evals. I feel like that has always hurt me....HOWEVER when you read this years convening order, it specifically addresses this and I love it. I states that some sailors may have taken a different than normal career path and that ALL JOBS in the Navy are important. It also addresses the issue of senior raters not knowing a sailors rate. There is absolutely nothing in the convening order that talks about LPO "at sea". I know there is always going to be that MC that has their own preference, but if they follow the convening order it contradicts that way of thinking. The most important thing is that sustained performance, and making a difference in your command. It also discusses being able to manage a currnt program and not always re-inventing the wheel. At my EXW command I was only able to deploy once because of manning, but while there I was sure to get my EXW and IDW and also got my degree. I was also the LPO of a division of aviation rates. Now I am instructor and teaching in a joint environment, I am not avoiding sea duty because the detailer would not send an LS1 from sea to sea. Good luck to you and hope to see you on that list!

Guest HawkISback

Just got off the inter webs with MCPON, he told me to fax him my 365 pqs. Depending on my notes he would let me know. :o

Just now, HawkISback said:

Just got off the inter webs with MCPON, he told me to fax him my 365 pqs. Depending on my notes he would let me know. :o

Well I hope they are stellar because there are 33 members and 77 guests waiting for you then.

:5274:

Guest navyordie123
Just now, RiverineGM said:

So our CO just had a meeting with the chiefs mess and put out release to triads on the 4th public on the 5th

We were told the 3rd by our skipper, it's all in the air now. No one can really confirm or deny til the release date is published.

Guest Blankslate
11 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

make sure it's legibile! 

4 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

We were told the 3rd by our skipper, it's all in the air now. No one can really confirm or deny til the release date is published.

If anyone else has heard, please post

Guest CursedSwabbie

I love and hate this time of year. you can't help but laugh at the amount of CO's and CMC's with the "insider knowledge"

Guest Old_Salt_ITC
1 minute ago, CursedSwabbie said:

I love and hate this time of year. you can't help but laugh at the amount of CO's and CMC's with the "insider knowledge"

The CO's guess, I mean "insider knowledge", is just as good as anyone else's. As always ...  Speculation runs rampant!!  

Guest Blankslate

While I don't have much intel, I do know as of yesterday there was no excess chief season items out at the Exchange, just the normal stuff you see year around. I do need to go pick up some additional items that he "forgot" about yesterday so I will check again and see if the larger display has been put out. That's usually a good indicator that results are coming out in the next few days. 

Guest CursedSwabbie
Just now, Old_Salt_ITC said:

The CO's guess, I mean "insider knowledge", is just as good as anyone else's. As always ...  Speculation runs rampant!!  

I understand. I just laugh at my experiences past and present.....

Chief: Results will be out Friday!

Me: You told me that last week!

Guest OldSalt
Just now, CursedSwabbie said:

I understand. I just laugh at my experiences past and present.....

Chief: Results will be out Friday!

Me: You told me that last week!

Logically speaking. If the results come out Wednesday than they will still be out Friday. Making the statement "Results will be out Friday!" technically accurate.

Guest aaronarf
2 hours ago, HawkISback said:

Yeah because taking IDF, convoy duty, VBIEDs, and tower duty is hiding lol. What part of the Stan were you on your tours?

Man,  I've been all over.   Spent a lot of my time in RCEAST- jbad, baf, shank, kabul.  Did one southern push in the Tarin kowt region...

Guest Squidly
4 minutes ago, Blankslate said:

While I don't have much intel, I do know as of yesterday there was no excess chief season items out at the Exchange, just the normal stuff you see year around. I do need to go pick up some additional items that he "forgot" about yesterday so I will check again and see if the larger display has been put out. That's usually a good indicator that results are coming out in the next few days. 

Great point, I completely forgot about that indicator. They usually put out the displays the week of right? 

Guest HawkISback
2 minutes ago, aaronarf said:

Man,  I've been all over.   Spent a lot of my time in RCEAST- jbad, baf, shank, kabul.  Did one southern push in the Tarin kowt region...

I was in JBAD last tour, with those guys.  Wink wink.