FY17 Chief Selection Board

7 hours ago, HawkISback said:

On a lighter note, my wife and I survived 16 mile hike in the mountains. 

Are your legs sore? :o

Guest TheCareerCounselor
2 minutes ago, Tony said:

If you have a few minutes can you expand on that? When the results come out who is ultimately responsible? (If you or anyone else can throw their 2 cents worth that is. This is a topic that comes up often.)

:lol:

Anyone who has "Triad" access to Command View BOL. There is an Excel spreadsheet on BOL that lists every UIC and who has that level of access. 24 hours after the results are released, anyone with regular Command View can see the results there, as well as the NAVADMIN being published along with the list being pushed publicly.

7 hours ago, HawkISback said:

Crazy, I was crazy one.  Lolz

Then confirmed - that makes two of us. Interesting that you went to Afghanistan. 

Guest HawkISback
13 minutes ago, Tony said:

Then confirmed - that makes two of us. Interesting that you went to Afghanistan. 

• We all go a little crazy Clarice.....I mean @Tony

Guest HawkISback
15 minutes ago, Tony said:

Those Afghanistan tours were some of my best professional memories, the commands I worked for all played a huge role in the country.  Granted the place is not exactly top five travel destination, they aided terrorists that killed innocent people and anything I as a communicator can do to make them pay I am down.  I would go back tomorrow if I could, especially now that they are getting after ISIS there.  

Just now, HawkISback said:

Those Afghanistan tours were some of my best professional memories, the commands I worked for all played a huge role in the country.  Granted the place is not exactly top five travel destination, they aided terrorists that killed innocent people and anything I as a communicator can do to make them pay I am down.  I would go back tomorrow if I could, especially now that they are getting after ISIS there.  

I read on the situation with the terrorist everyday, al qaeda, isis, their expansion, logistics, etc. I think other countries should be doing more than what they are doing now. As usual though, the US of A takes the lead and other countries provide a token of appreciation and some assistance.

Guest HawkISback

Yeah majority of NATO countries were there, however majority of them conducted no operations outside of Kabul.  The real problem there is following the fall of the Taliban after the invasion was that there was a commonly held thought of only working around in Kabul in terms of nation building.  This was an egregious error, I am not a policy maker, however when dealing with an insurgency you have to separate the people from the bad guys.  You cannot do that in the city.  Sorry for going off topic, I get reflective this time of year on my career.  

3 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

Yeah majority of NATO countries were there, however majority of them conducted no operations outside of Kabul.  The real problem there is following the fall of the Taliban after the invasion was that there was a commonly held thought of only working around in Kabul in terms of nation building.  This was an egregious error, I am not a policy maker, however when dealing with an insurgency you have to separate the people from the bad guys.  You cannot do that in the city.  Sorry for going off topic, I get reflective this time of year on my career.  

Well for a little while there, it was your career. When you woke up and when you went to bed.

Guest navyordie123
1 hour ago, Tony said:

Well you've helped keep this thread interesting so I don't think ya owe me anything! It's all the knowledge, help, tidbits, humor and whatnot that make this forum. :)

I'm glad that I can be a hep with that cause it's for the benefit of us all, and if we can make each other better and in the long run make our sailors better then I am all about it. I'm glad that we are able to have a little bit of fun on here so we can lighten the mood sometimes when it starts to get to serious. Can't be to serious all the time.

2 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

I voted and commented. I saw (as of this morning) it was a 20 to 1 landslide. 

Lol, a contrarian view. The vote is still going folks... :)

At a certain point, things may get too busy and I will have to turn off membership registration. So if you want to become a member, think about doing so early. Also, I did turn it off sometime last week for a little while (can't remember when) but it is obviously back on. So if you had tried during the off period, give it a go now.

Guest TheCareerCounselor
45 minutes ago, Forth13 said:

I thought it was strange too. I confronted them last week and this is what they told me "Because it's not a .mil command we don't have access. Our affiliation is mainly with the college." They're not worried so much about enlisted advancement. We only have 6 enlisted sailors. 3 are Chiefs. I'm the only and will be the only SBE first.

If you search by UIC, who has access to it? Perhaps reach out to that person beforehand and explain your situation. 

Alternatively, if nobody has it. There are request procedures to have whoever needs access to get it. 

Guest TheCareerCounselor
1 minute ago, Forth13 said:

Where would I search to see who has access to it? I'm curious to see if they even know.

NEAS or BOL?

Log in to BOL, there should be a link for triad verification. That's not the exact wording, but I'm on my phone now. If you can't find it, let me know your UIC and I'll tell you. 

Guest CursedSwabbie

Well, I am back! I took some vacation to clear my head and back waiting with the rest of you. I think this year was pretty good for me! I was able to get my CICWO desig, MOVSM, PPME, and an Associates degree. The only thing i was worried about was that my actual degree was not included. I had finished in June and the Ladies at CTC gave me a letterhead memo stating that I completed all of my required courses. I feel that I have done all I could in the year, but as always stressing out! Anyways good luck to all of you SBE's, I wish you all the best!

Guest CursedSwabbie
Just now, Forth13 said:

Dang. You miss a whole gang of people I know by a year. They came on in 08. Another frigate sailor here!

yeah i was apart of the crew that cross-decked to the MCB

Guest NavyChic

Massage and pedicure type of day lol, to try to relax in case this is my last weekend for awhile. I'm still so anxious, sometimes I catch my self being cool,calm, and collected telling myself if you make it good, if you don't it's still all good.

But then there are times where I'll think about results and how this week I will know my fate, and of course I really want to pick up.

At my command the CO comes to tell you if you made it and if you didn't. So I will be in a ball of nerves when I see him because he could tell me "N" or "S". 

Guest CursedSwabbie
5 minutes ago, NavyChic said:

Massage and pedicure type of day lol, to try to relax in case this is my last weekend for awhile. I'm still so anxious, sometimes I catch my self being cool,calm, and collected telling myself if you make it good, if you don't it's still all good.

But then there are times where I'll think about results and how this week I will know my fate, and of course I really want to pick up.

At my command the CO comes to tell you if you made it and if you didn't. So I will be in a ball of nerves when I see him because he could tell me "N" or "S". 

Good for you! Lady turned me around because she did not have a chisel at the ready!

Guest FCC_Thawk
8 minutes ago, NavyChic said:

I definitely understand and I fee the same way. Our command is split into three sites, so our CO or CMC calls the DLCPO's and the DLCPO puts out the news be it good or bad. This will be my third time going through this at this command, hopefully I get told to report to the CMC's office and to await further instruction this time around lol. 

Guest Blankslate

We went and bought things he'll need regardless of an S or an N. White under Shirts (my kids decided to wash their red gym uniforms with his white shirts), Blue under shirts and a new pair of shore duty boots. Also got haircuts (which the Nex people always look at me weird cause my son always asks for a boot camp special) since school is starting. 

Guest HAZEGREY1775

So, any IT's on here? 

Just for curiosity's sake, what was everyone's 'package looking like? Or better yet, What type of quals, education, awards, types of opening statements/closing statements are y'all working with?  I'll start it off:

Master's Degree, CASP certification, PPME and SEJPME I, MOVSM, USMAP (4), SAPR VA, Asst. CFL, FCPOA Treasurer, Department, EIWS Coord, MTS, ATS, CSDO Letter, and ATTWO letter.

#1 of 46 - SOY

"Already performing as a seasoned CPO. Select him now and make it official!" (all in caps of course)

Guest FCC_Thawk
1 minute ago, Blankslate said:

We went and bought things he'll need regardless of an S or an N. White under Shirts (my kids decided to wash their red gym uniforms with his white shirts), Blue under shirts and a new pair of shore duty boots. Also got haircuts (which the Nex people always look at me weird cause my son always asks for a boot camp special) since school is starting. 

I bought new white and blue shirts about two weeks ago... I need to replace a few NWU's, but I'm waiting to see if I need to order silver name tapes or gold ones lol

Guest Blankslate
3 minutes ago, FC1THawk said:

I bought new white and blue shirts about two weeks ago... I need to replace a few NWU's, but I'm waiting to see if I need to order silver name tapes or gold ones lol

We got new NWUs last year because all of his had his old squadron patch on them. If he doesn't get this S this year we probably won't get new NWUs until he rotates back to sea duty.