FY17 Chief Selection Board

6 hours ago, AZ4Ever said:

With the Navy changing so many things, Do you think the navy will change the way it advances its sailors? Also @CPO_Pride247, do you think phase II is long enough as it is right now?

VCNO came to our ship and said advancement processes are going to change huge in the future.  21st century tech is the push right now.  Pencil paper tests are probably going away.  Evals will hold more weight.  Lots of changes coming down the pipe.

Guest navyordie123
1 minute ago, DeepSea5342 said:

I think thats awesome. Thats how it should be done. I would rather get a phone call knowing I didn't make it than to sit around wondering for an entire afternoon

I agree with you on that one. I work nights and that would be a long morning waiting to go to work if I didn't get a phone call. I'm ready for whichever way it may go this year. I'm calm and cool and collected, this is the calmest I've been since I have been going through this process. Just wanting to get the wait over with and find out what lies ahead of me. 

Guest navyordie123
Just now, DeepSea5342 said:

Same here. I've had a couple Chiefs try to get me worked up about it but I just continue on. Next week will be a weight off my shoulders either way, good or bad.

Yes it will be, the wait is the killer but after the wait is over and we all know our fates, it's either get ready for a tough six weeks or get back to work and take care of our juniors and get ready for next year. If Wednesday is the day then we will know in about 96 hours. 

Guest Admin_warrior
3 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

You will commence Phase II once you report to your new command. Once you have checked out of your command it is final. You will start once you report. Just remember, Phase II will not interfere with checking into your new command and reporting. Most likely, I would hope you have already been in contact with a sponsor at your new command. If selected, have your sponsor put you in touch with the LCPO or CMDCM at your new command to get a Phase II sponsor. Your fellow selectees at your new command will also most likely contact you as well. We had people check in late last year and I ensured they had a Phase II sponsor and that their fellow selectees were in constant contact with them about what was going on. It was a bad day for them otherwise.

Thank you chief. I have been in contact with my sponsor and I do have the LCPO contact information should I get the S. A lot of my friends were joking with me saying be prepared to come back if you get selected, so this is good to know!

Guest navyordie123
Just now, DeepSea5342 said:

Same here. I've had a couple Chiefs try to get me worked up about it but I just continue on. Next week will be a weight off my shoulders either way, good or bad.

Yes it will be, the wait is the killer but after the wait is over and we all know our fates, it's either get ready for a tough six weeks or get back to work and take care of our juniors and get ready for next year. If Wednesday is the day then we will know in about 96 hours. 

Guest navyordie123
2 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Man that just hit me like a ton of bricks. 96 hours!!!

Yeah, it was hard to write it lol, I have been having thoughts about the phone call good and bad but not letting it distract me to much. 

Guest navyordie123
23 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Yeah weren't you supposed to be spending some time with the family?!

I am but the kids were sleeping and the wife went out to the store so I had a little bit of time to linger on here, gotta try and keep up with what's going on lol

38 minutes ago, Donkey Racer said:

CPO_Pride,

For this particular instance who do you think will get this Sailors information? The old command or the new command. It is a hard time not knowing if you are waiting for the TRIAD to contact you or just waiting for the list to come out and see all of those friends on there that made it before you. Sometimes you will see Sailors who were under your charge early in their career and then one day they just pass right by. That is good leadership.

Past posts indicate that whatever UIC the Sailor is under will get the results.

Tony, might try disabling the notifications addon to stop the double posts. When I ran a forum similar to this that was the issue sometimes. 

11 minutes ago, WJ77 said:

Tony, might try disabling the notifications addon to stop the double posts. When I ran a forum similar to this that was the issue sometimes. 

Thanks @WJ77, there are no addons. It's an integral part of the software (version 4). So people who have notification turned off or on have the same issue. It's this version overall that is the issue. I just need to switch companies one of these days... :)

got ya. The popup notifications access the database and usually that dual access affects the database when you have a heavy load of users. Here's to hoping for ver. 5 lol.  

Guest navyordie123
1 hour ago, Tony said:

I need to buy @navyordie123 a cup of coffee since he can't sleep anyway... :)

:bigemo_harabe_net-08:

Thanks for that @Tony, I can always go for a good cup of coffee. i get some sleep just not that much. Kids like to wake up early even on the weekends, with all the info and for making this forum I owe you more than a cup of coffee. 

Guest HawkISback
6 hours ago, DeepSea5342 said:

On this I would say it was a good call submitting a career summary. Ask 100 Master Chiefs what they think about a career summary, and you will get 50 different answers. One thing that has remained consistent though is that if you have had a career path that is different from what the community manager suggests, submit one. This looks like you are one of those cases so good on you for putting it in. @Ordy put out some really good information on what to submit in your LTB so if you haven't seen that yet I suggest checking it out.

OS(EXW/IDW/SW) 

I'm in the same situation.  I have spent three years in Afghanistan. I literally had at the time CENTCOMM CMC say if I was sitting the board, I would ask what are you hiding from in your career. Now my CMC at the time was a 30 year SEALCMC, I know he wanted to throat punch her. But I get this asked a lot, from individuals. I had to restrain my anger when the boats CMC asked me don't you love your wife like within a month of being back onboard.  When I got back from my second one, I had a double hernia fixed. I ended up getting put on Limdu. My IAs cost me from getting my IT quaIs However in my IA/LIMDU time I got 2x DMSMs, the first as an E-5(because the nature of my billet and my performance), 1x JCOM, 1x JSAM, IDW, EXW.  I know awards don't get you anchors but I impacted the war as much as an IT could. After my Limdu I was slated for a riverine unit, then my orders got cancelled. The detailer put me at my current command. I've been CMEO,CCC,CFL, and security manager. As CCC I scored a 100% and 100% retention since last inspection.  As CFL we had zero failures out of 60 personnel. I got SOY and won my ISIC, loosing out at next level. If not having those radio quals and a typical background then so be it.  I've helped our seals capture or kill targeted individuals. Which imo is what I'm supposed to do as a communicator. They hate us because they ain't us. 

Guest HawkISback
9 hours ago, Tony said:

double post issue is driving me nuts I tell you...:blink:

Crazy, I was crazy one.  Lolz

Guest Blankslate

we had a friend over with his daughter who is right between the ages of my 2 youngest. they spent the whole day running around and being kids. Made no difference, the baby still woke at 0530 cause "it's time to be up"`

Guest Blankslate
3 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

That is so weird that we have the same alarm clock. At least the older ones come with a snooze button. My daughter woke me up by brushing my hair at 6 stating I had a hair appointment. :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

She got mad at netflix (I was trying to be nice) and started screaming at me, which woke up daddy and daddy woke up the older 2 (at 0730) and tasked all 3 with cleaning the house so I could knock out a final bonus assignment for a few extra points (is there anything higher than an A?)

Guest Blankslate
9 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

No, unfortunately that's the highest. Of course, when you get into the graduate level it will be broken down into A- and so on, and I can't speak for every school, but there are no extra point assignments at the graduate level and the grading scale changes quite a bit.

I think my school expects you to go on to graduate school because they already use the A, A-, B+, B, B-, etc. method of grading. It kind of sucks because if you have a class where you need a C or better and you get a C- you have to repeat the class (thankfully I have never gotten lower than a C). 

Guest Old_Salt_ITC
10 hours ago, Tony said:

I forgot to throw in my pitch for the November 2016 - Presidential Election Poll so please vote if you have not done so.

There is also a new poll "Buying Khakis Before You Make Chief". Throw your vote & add your 2 cents worth.

:4297:

Voted and posted. Other posts on the voting page include some sage advice and well worth the read.

9 hours ago, DeepSea5342 said:

I'm curious to see what comes of this "buy your khakis before you make it" poll. That's an interesting topic

It's looking pretty lopsided right now but the vote continues. Throw your vote if you have not done so please!

8 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

Thanks for that @Tony, I can always go for a good cup of coffee. i get some sleep just not that much. Kids like to wake up early even on the weekends, with all the info and for making this forum I owe you more than a cup of coffee. 

Well you've helped keep this thread interesting so I don't think ya owe me anything! It's all the knowledge, help, tidbits, humor and whatnot that make this forum. :)

Guest TheCareerCounselor
10 hours ago, Tony said:

Past posts indicate that whatever UIC the Sailor is under will get the results.

Under command view, Prospective Gains are seen as well when results are released.

Just now, TheCareerCounselor said:

Under command view, Prospective Gains are seen as well when results are released.

If you have a few minutes can you expand on that? When the results come out who is ultimately responsible? (If you or anyone else can throw their 2 cents worth that is. This is a topic that comes up often.)

:lol: