FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest TheCareerCounselor

Under command view BOL access, results from last year are still displayed. Once those are gone, you know the new results are about to be loaded into the system. Hopefully they're gone on Monday.

Guest FCC_Thawk
1 minute ago, Blankslate said:

I was always under the impression that to apply for CWO you had to make Chief first?

Yes, you have to be at least a selectee in order to be eligible for CWO.

Guest Mustang6235
Just now, Blankslate said:

I was always under the impression that to apply for CWO you had to make Chief first?

Yes. A selected E6 and above. 

LDO is a SBE E6 or above 

Guest Blankslate

Ok wow that's good to know. For some reason it was in mine and my husband's heads that he had to be a Chief for like 18 months first to go CWO

Guest Mustang6235
3 minutes ago, Forth13 said:

Any LDO/CWO applicants in the forum? 

Tell us your story.

I'm a select. Commission Oct 1

Guest PintsNCleats

I know this is off topic but I browsed and couldn't find an applicable forum.  Is anyone on here a 3MC/3MA or have a template for IEM memorandum?

Guest HawkISback

@CPO_Pride247 if you get a bachelors related to your rate does that hold more power then a regular bachelors?  I am an IT, however when I retire I would rather do law enforcement. I graduate with my associate degree in two months trying to decide what path for my bachelors. 

1 hour ago, PintsNCleats said:

This is a BIG what if BUT what if our OMPF is down because we have been selected and they are scrubbing it looking for any NJPs...

No way, a database would not go down because they are searching for data. Well, unless it's part of a movie plot to create suspense! 

:128_2:

Guest HawkISback
13 minutes ago, Tony said:

No way, a database would not go down because they are searching for data. Well, unless it's part of a movie plot to create suspense! 

:128_2:

Or a really poorly run database, not that government databases are poorly run...

Just now, HawkISback said:

Or a really poorly run database, not that government databases are poorly run...

Correct! And I believe also, the way they do the actual update for releases is archaic as well. That's why people see the errors.

Guest navyordie123

Well it's at 107 and it's still early Friday, I haven't been on much since yesterday and we have moved up 7 pages, can't wait to see the count at Monday morning. Gonna be on and off here this weekend. Gotta have that family time just in case it is my last weekend to spend time with them for awhile. I know that all of us are a ball of nerves right now. Good luck to all and I hope hat everyone enjoys their weekend.

Guest navyordie123
1 minute ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Yeah I am really surprised at how much this has taken off over the last couple days. Assuming they put out some good info on Monday morning I think we are going to see some big numbers. Whats your guess now? I'm betting we hit 140 by the time everything calms down. Have fun with your family this weekend!

I'm gonna go with 135, way more than last year. I think we have already matched last years total. Thanks brother and I hope that you have a great weekend as well. Gonna get out of town for a couple days and relax.

Guest HawkISback
28 minutes ago, Tony said:

Correct! And I believe also, the way they do the actual update for releases is archaic as well. That's why people see the errors.

Know we take our server offline for updates, maybe they reside in the same servers.  But I would hope that they would all be on their own server. Especially with all the malicious intent in the cyber space. OMPF is kinda a big deal to be hacked, they need that to be protected by the two headed dragon in Harry Potter. 

Just now, HawkISback said:

Know we take our server office for updates, maybe they reside in the same servers.  But I would hope that they would all be on their own server. Especially with all the malicious intent in the cyber space. OMPF is kinda a big deal to be hacked, they need that to be protected by the two headed dragon in Harry Potter. 

Well I can definitely tell you about malicious intent. It's bad out there for sure. 

Don't forget folks, 

After the results have been released to the public and things have calmed down, Sailors, family & friends will muster around the campfire in a big circle, join hands and sing tra-la-la songs. @sean has the lead on this one...

:5272:

Guest Mustang6235

Commissioning doesn't have to be complete, you just can't have over 14 years on 1OCT 2017 for this year's applications 

Guest Cyber_IT
16 hours ago, Matt40 said:

As a plug for the detailers make sure you keep good communication with your perspective detailer.  CPO redistribution is in the midst. The early return to sea and extension to Max Sea Tour is in effect if you are selected.  Just a friendly reminder.

:bigemo_harabe_net-99:

Guest navyordie123

So I have heard that if you make Chief and there is a Chief of the same rate already there and the command is only slated for one Chief they the junior chief has a possibility of being transferred, is that true?

Guest BigFIshCA
5 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

That's some good information. I'm curious how that would play our if you're at a small unit with only 10 personnel and 2 Chiefs. Seems like three Chiefs would be a little much for 9 guys

In my case, we had Five Chiefs, and now down to about three, but our actual schoolhouse only has one supervising all the instructors.  The others have filled other billets within the command.  I'd say we have a total of 14 instructors, but I still asked the question just in case there was an option to get transferred.  But then again I should be careful what I wish for right?