FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest Cyber_IT
17 hours ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

Pensacola is awesome. I enjoyed the two weeks I spend there doing the LS AERR. They also have one of the best CPO clubs I have visited. The food is also amazing so make sure you are ready to run a lot to keep them calories burning. The "A" school area looks pretty new too, or it has been maintained very well.

Running is not a problem for me, I'm one of those crazy marathon runners!

Guest HawkISback
1 hour ago, Tony said:

No worries, I defended your honor since you were gone and @Blondie kicked my teeth into last FY. 

:graphics-3d-smileys-649761:

Seriously, I'm glad you got to do the stargazing. It's always amazing peering at something that is so big and far away. What is PNW? Now I'm curious. 

Pacific north west.  I know a good dentist. 

Guest mikecLS1
27 minutes ago, USNAO1AWSW said:

Mine went down yesterday then came back up. Now its down again along with my OMPF.<_<

Everyone's OMPF is down from what I'm hearing in my shop, Probably doing up dates. As for BOL I've checked it a couple times yesterday and this morning and its been up with the message that's always on there

BUPERS Access has not received Selection Board or Advancement information about or for you at this time. Contact your Command Representative for further questions about your selection or advancement board.

So not sure about the error your getting there. Could mean something or could mean nothing at all but I know I'm not going to look to much into it

Guest OrdieDevilDolphin
4 minutes ago, mikecLS1 said:

Everyone's OMPF is down from what I'm hearing in my shop, Probably doing up dates. As for BOL I've checked it a couple times yesterday and this morning and its been up with the message that's always on there

BUPERS Access has not received Selection Board or Advancement information about or for you at this time. Contact your Command Representative for further questions about your selection or advancement board.

So not sure about the error your getting there. Could mean something or could mean nothing at all but I know I'm not going to look to much into it

we're getting the error under CCA/FITREP/Eval Reports - Performance Evaluation Continuity Report

Guest mikecLS1
1 minute ago, OrdieDevilDolphin said:

we're getting the error under CCA/FITREP/Eval Reports - Performance Evaluation Continuity Report

Oh my bad, over sight on my part.

Guest FCC_Thawk

I have errors loading my OMPF and continuity report.  My N from last year shows up under the selection board tab though.

Guest Jason Jarsquid
9 minutes ago, FC1THawk said:

I have errors loading my OMPF and continuity report.  My N from last year shows up under the selection board tab though.

When I was up the first time, my "N" stayed on my page until the next year's results came out. You could call and get it fixed before hand but I liked to leave it up there so I could look at it periodically as motivation to study more.

Guest PintsNCleats

This is a BIG what if BUT what if our OMPF is down because we have been selected and they are scrubbing it looking for any NJPs...

Guest Blankslate
Just now, PintsNCleats said:

This is a BIG what if BUT what if our OMPF is down because we have been selected and they are scrubbing it looking for any NJPs...

Wouldn't any NJPs be in the record they reviewed to make the selection? 

Guest HawkISback
7 minutes ago, Jason Jarsquid said:

When I was up the first time, my "N" stayed on my page until the next year's results came out. You could call and get it fixed before hand but I liked to leave it up there so I could look at it periodically as motivation to study more.

I took a screenshot of it and kept it as my wallpaper on my work machine.

Guest FCC_Thawk
3 minutes ago, PintsNCleats said:

I don't think so, but they could be.  During the post board scrub, they look for security clearance revocations, DFC's, pending investigations, etc.  If that is the case, then the OMPF would be locked out for those that were selected.  I guess the best way to find out is to find another FF that isn't SBE or another SBE  and have them try to bring up their OMPF.

Guest Thwayne
3 minutes ago, PintsNCleats said:

That would be amazing, but that would also mean that EVERYONE made it, which unfortunately, isn't possible. I wish though!!!

Guest HawkISback
5 minutes ago, PintsNCleats said:

They would not need to take it down to view, they would have NAVY WIDE access to check.

Guest Thwayne
1 minute ago, FC1THawk said:

I don't think so, but they could be.  During the post board scrub, they look for security clearance revocations, DFC's, pending investigations, etc.  If that is the case, then the OMPF would be locked out for those that were selected.  I guess the best way to find out is to find another FF that isn't SBE or another SBE  and have them try to bring up their OMPF.

That's a good idea. Anyone try it? Anyone who isn't board eligible? Wait, that would be too easy. That would mean we would know the results. don't think big navy would let that happen

Guest Riverine Rat
Just now, CPO_Pride247 said:

The OMPF and the Continuity report is down for ALL HANDS. Mine is down as well.

I just had a Fellow First who is not SBE check his and his is down as well.

Guest HawkISback

I would just be happy with a published release date, I mean is a seven day advance notice that hard?  I purposely took three days leave so if I am selected I have some QT with my wife, and to escape the office shaniganians that occur this time of the year.  Even still my anxiety level is not well.  Throw us a bone CNP.

Guest navyordie123

Through all this craziness that is going on with not knowing about a date or the issue with OMPF going on. I am really suprisingly calm. 

Guest HawkISback
Just now, navyordie123 said:

Through all this craziness that is going on with not knowing about a date or the issue with OMPF going on. I am really suprisingly calm. 

When I have my moments of calm, it is when I realize that my fate is already set.  I believe the not knowing the date is whats driving me bonkers.  LOL

Guest Admin_warrior
2 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Same here brother, calm while on PCS leave just trying to keep busy. I think this is the calm before the storm!

Guest Blankslate

I was hoping that my seasonal job would be able to take my mind of this wait but it doesn't start for me til next friday! 

Guest TheCareerCounselor
13 minutes ago, NavyAEforlife said:

Was just able to pull up my Performance Evaluation Continuity Report.  And under "Boards" it still says "No Boards to Display"

This is my fourth time up for CPO and it has never shown anything under that section, for what it's worth.

Guest Mustang6235
11 hours ago, Ordy said:

Belay my last... I just reread that.  I do not think that the board members have access to that information.  I know in some cases you can be invalidated for participating in some of these programs, I don't remember the reference...  One thing to consider is that people selected to some of these programs will have a long wait until they actually receive their commission.  Going through phase II will make them better officers in the long run, so I don't think this is a waste.  CWO/LDO wait about a year just to go to school.  That is a long time to learn how the  CPO mess works.  This will be invaluable to an Officer when they have to deal with the goat locker on a daily basis...

If you're selected for LDO/CWO in February, you are removed from all enlisted advancement boards.