FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest HawkISback
20 minutes ago, iamevilradio said:

I'm surprised how much this wait has gotten under my skin. It's been nearly a solid year of being told how I'm going to make it every few hours and now that it's close my nerves and vague self doubt are getting to me. Went down to the Turner Joy last week and sort of got excited over the possibility of doing the CPO Legacy Academy down there. At least I've been able to funnel that nervous energy into running. Dropped two minutes off my mile since a month and a half ago and did a decent 4 1/2 miles last night. Anyone else struggling to funnel that nervous energy? 

Yes win or lose I just want this done. 

Guest Blankslate

I made a big mistake. I let my spouse help write the shopping list for this weekend. at least 5 items are alcohol. 

Guest Blankslate

Apparently already having a bottle of whiskey, 2 pouches of Daquri and one of margarita isn't enough alcohol in case he gets the N. 

Guest USNAO1AWSW
37 minutes ago, bocktagon said:

Oh great. Good to know. Some what of a relief I suppose.

Continuity is back up for me on bupers.

Guest USNAO1AWSW
2 minutes ago, USNAO1AWSW said:

Continuity is back up for me on bupers.

OMPF is still down for me though.

Guest HM8432
Just now, Tony said:

I forgot to say thanks, got busy!

No problem @Tony. This is my 4th year reading through this forum while waiting. I know you're all over the place. I definitely wish FlagYN was still around with some info to help decrease the anxiety.

1 hour ago, Squidly said:

The most important thing is that I can still see the N from last year under the selection board link.  When THAT disappears, we'll be close.

agree, missed this one too cuz' I was busy...

Just now, NavyAEforlife said:

BTW, I used to be Sparky01, back in the day (2005-2008) and was active on the March/Sept exam forums when I was trying to make First.  I think my old account got deleted.  Good to be back & see everyone sharing good info.  Hoping for some type of announcement tomorrow (Friday) on when results might be out to the Triad.  We shall see!

I remember you. Yes, everyone's account got deleted after the big hack. 

Just now, DeepSea5342 said:

Whaaaat?!! Thats crazy!!

It was to post money making schemes, links to websites you don't want any dealing with. It corrupted the database so I got another server and started new. The intrusion attempts are tremendous. Ongoing 24/7 continuous. Tthe major goals are to use my server to relay or get people to go to websites. This opposed to the government intrusions where they want data.

Guest Matt40
On July 21, 2016 at 6:26 AM, Donkey Racer said:

So if you are on a restroom break when the Admiral comes around do you get the "Better luck next year" response.:D

Heard from a very reliable source at NPC that there is "strong" possibility results will be released to the Triads Wednesday

On July 21, 2016 at 6:30 AM, AICS said:

Well, not at the desk, must not really have wanted it.

I'm gonna bring a bucket to my desk therefore won't have to leave lol

Guest Blankslate
2 minutes ago, Matt40 said:

I'm gonna bring a bucket to my desk therefore won't have to leave lol

Just take a bunch of immodium the day before. then a bunch of ex-lax after you get the results. 

Guest HawkISback
11 minutes ago, Tony said:

It was to post money making schemes, links to websites you don't want any dealing with. It corrupted the database so I got another server and started new. The intrusion attempts are tremendous. Ongoing 24/7 continuous. Tthe major goals are to use my server to relay or get people to go to websites. This opposed to the government intrusions where they want data.

DOD is always a target. 

2 minutes ago, Matt40 said:

Heard from a very reliable source at NPC that there is "strong" possibility results will be released to the Triads Wednesday

All righty then. From what I remember, it take about a full day for their database thingy. So maybe, Friday database done, then Monday(?) news release (as @CPO_Pride247 mentioned) of results timeline. Then the 3rd comes around, Triad pats everyone on the back and 24 hrs later the public copy is released.