FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest HM8432
2 minutes ago, STG1 said:

It also will not load OMPF documents for me.

Same here.

This one says "Error loading OMPF documents list."

Guest Squidly
1 minute ago, OrdieDevilDolphin said:

Mine is coming up fine, although my OMPF is giving me an error showing documents.

Same here.

One works, the other doesn't. 

The most important thing is that I can still see the N from last year under the selection board link.  When THAT disappears, we'll be close.

Guest HM8432
1 minute ago, Squidly said:

Same here.

One works, the other doesn't. 

The most important thing is that I can still see the N from last year under the selection board link.  When THAT disappears, we'll be close.

Hahaha.. I keep going back to that screen hoping to see something VERY different.

Guest AlphaMaleOne
4 minutes ago, NavyAEforlife said:

Closed now for sure.  As far as our "Boards to Display" portion of the Reports, none of the SBE's at my command showed the CPO Board there this year.  They all said "No Boards to Display."  Past years, it actually used to list it there.

all of my info is still showing from last board.  no error on my end. 

Guest HM8432
1 minute ago, Tony said:

On page 100 I posted what I know from the past...

Coincidence that these shenanigans started when we hit 100? I think not!

Just now, CPO_Pride247 said:

That is good info to know. I never really thought about the actual stuff being added into the database. I think the Triad method could change things a little bit. I also refuse that age has slowed the great @Tony down at all. Plus, I know reading all these posts from these motivated up and coming leaders keeps you young at heart. :5427:

The Triad method has changed things quite a bit. There is now a longer holding pattern. Before, it was like this:

People would see errors

I'd ask beg for more input. 

More people would get errors

People would say that the errors had nothing to do with the price of tea in China.

Results would come out, my server would crash then ,and only then, there would be peace on earth.

Guest OrdieDevilDolphin

This is my first time up so all I have is:  "No selection boards to display" under the continuity report.  For the selection board link at the very top it says there are no selection board results to display as well.

Guest bocktagon
1 minute ago, Tony said:

Watd you find? :huh:

The spot where you run the report. It worked for me though. Wonder if that's a bad thing...

Off topic here, A few weeks ago I was able to attend My first Chiefs retirement (from my first ship), He was an ITCM that served for 28 years. He was the one who showed me that you take care of your people and everything ends up taking care of it's self. As a radio shack we all qualified together, we all got our surface pin together and everyone was valued and treated with respect. Now that he is retired I know the Navy has lost a great one. I'm in hopes that I'm selected so I can carry on what he taught me and I hope I can make that difference for someone else out there. My main point here is that from what I can tell since I've been lurking the past few years is there are more like him here in this forum and I hope you all make it. The Navy needs people like that!    

Guest OrdieDevilDolphin
2 minutes ago, NavyAEforlife said:

Nah.....One of the Firsts that I work with (who isn't SBE) checked his, and it isn't working either.  I think it simply means the system is being updated, and some will work, some won't.  Whether Board Eligible or not.

Well thats a good thing because I was getting worried as well since mine was working fine. @bocktagon 

Just now, NavyAEforlife said:

Nah.....One of the Firsts that I work with (who isn't SBE) checked his, and it isn't working either.  I think it simply means the system is being updated, and some will work, some won't.  Whether Board Eligible or not.

That's correct. Simply explained; There is more than one database with some pulling data from others. (for example, all the information on this forum is stored in a database and other information is pulled from other places, mainly for me.)

Guest CTN(IW/SW)
2 hours ago, NavyPride34 said:

It's nice to just sit down, drink a beer and read the forums.  I'm getting good a lot of good advice and knowing I'm not the only one stressing is comforting.  Any CTN's on here?

Right here.

Guest bocktagon
2 minutes ago, OrdieDevilDolphin said:

Well thats a good thing because I was getting worried as well since mine was working fine. @bocktagon 

Oh great. Good to know. Some what of a relief I suppose.

2 minutes ago, WJ77 said:

Off topic here, A few weeks ago I was able to attend My first Chiefs retirement (from my first ship), He was an ITCM that served for 28 years. He was the one who showed me that you take care of your people and everything ends up taking care of it's self. As a radio shack we all qualified together, we all got our surface pin together and everyone was valued and treated with respect. Now that he is retired I know the Navy has lost a great one. I'm in hopes that I'm selected so I can carry on what he taught me and I hope I can make that difference for someone else out there. My main point here is that from what I can tell since I've been lurking the past few years is there are more like him here in this forum and I hope you all make it. The Navy needs people like that!    

Agree

Guest iamevilradio

I'm surprised how much this wait has gotten under my skin. It's been nearly a solid year of being told how I'm going to make it every few hours and now that it's close my nerves and vague self doubt are getting to me. Went down to the Turner Joy last week and sort of got excited over the possibility of doing the CPO Legacy Academy down there. At least I've been able to funnel that nervous energy into running. Dropped two minutes off my mile since a month and a half ago and did a decent 4 1/2 miles last night. Anyone else struggling to funnel that nervous energy? 

Guest HawkISback
20 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

So I have been working on a project all week and every time I have gotten a phone call from an unknown number my heart sinks and I get a knot in my stomach. These results need to be released soon because my heart my explode if they don't haha

Home Depot did that to me yesterday driving back from the mountain. Right at 1500.  I was like you sob. Lol