FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest USNAO1AWSW
20 minutes ago, NavyPride34 said:

It's nice to just sit down, drink a beer and read the forums.  I'm getting good a lot of good advice and knowing I'm not the only one stressing is comforting.  Any CTN's on here?

There's definitely a few of us in here sweating because of how close we are to the results coming out.:wacko:

Guest FCC_Thawk

I'm surprised that the schedule for release hasn't happened yet. I was expecting it to come out sometime today. 

Guest EM_UNO
2 hours ago, Cyber_IT said:

Decided to finally stop lurking after about 2 1/2 weeks and join the fun!

5th time taking the exam, first time SBE. And I can honestly say I haven't been nervous about getting the S one ounce. All my career I've gone into every exam with the mindset of "if it's my time, I'll get selected." When I was a 2nd Class for 9 years before I put on 1st Class, but I didn't feel I was ready to be a first class for a long time. Once I felt like I was ready, I put it on after three exam cycles. Now I feel the same way about making Chief. From 2009 to 2013, I felt like I wasn't ready. Now I do, and I'm on exam cycle number three again. If I have the same luck as I did before, that will be great. If not, try again in January.

I do have one question for the Chief's of the group....

If I do get selected, do I HAVE to transfer to another command or is it up to my command/detailer?

Not a Chief myself so just want to say, GO HORNS!!!

Guest Squidly
28 minutes ago, NavyPride34 said:

Any CTN's on here?

Pshaaaw.  Isn't that one of those rates where all the 7-year CPOs live?

I'm just jealous, wish I had advancement %s like that.

Good luck!  And, yes - there are a few "N's" on here.

Guest Squidly

All this talk about college football is raising my blood pressure.  Of course the only team that really matters are The Wolverines.  #MgoBlue

Just about every respectable sports authority places them as one of the favorites for next season's champ. Vegas odds only have them Elephants with a better over/under.

Just now, DeepSea5342 said:

The CMC at shipyard in San Diego told all the Chiefs that a PRT will be conducted next Friday--so Aug 3rd is pretty promising. There's your rumor for the day :sxmas_100-138:

I think they're depending on our intel to schedule their activities.

:128_1:

Guest navyordie123
28 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

The CMC at shipyard in San Diego told all the Chiefs that a PRT will be conducted next Friday--so Aug 3rd is pretty promising. There's your rumor for the day :sxmas_100-138:

Let the games begin( que hunger games music ) lol 

Guest navyordie123

we have done it!!! reached our goal of at least 100!!!! I think that my goal of 120 is going to get blown up!!!

Guest navyordie123
1 minute ago, Blankslate said:

I stand by my prediction of 110 by sunday night

I think that might even get beat the way we are going.

Guest HM8432
8 minutes ago, NavyAEforlife said:

I just tried to pull my Performance Continuity Report on BOL; and it is saying "A General Error Has Occurred.  If the problem persists, please contact the BOL Help Desk at (901) 874-4717."   I think someone in Millington is doing something with the system......

I had to try. Same error on my end.

Guest Squidly
12 minutes ago, NavyAEforlife said:

I just tried to pull my Performance Continuity Report on BOL; and it is saying "A General Error Has Occurred.  If the problem persists, please contact the BOL Help Desk at (901) 874-4717."   I think someone in Millington is doing something with the system......

Works for me. 

9 minutes ago, NavyAEforlife said:

can we get a few others to confirm?

Guest USNAO1AWSW
15 minutes ago, NavyAEforlife said:

I got the same thing.

Just now, CPO_Pride247 said:

Before it happened today, did it show the board you were up for at the bottom under the report? Sometimes they update the continuity page to show the board you were just presented to. I will say your performance continuity report having an error has absolutely nothing to do with the results being published.

It's not the performance continuity report per say but the domain and then the database that holds the information. 

Guest HM8432
3 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

Before it happened today, did it show the board you were up for at the bottom under the report? Sometimes they update the continuity page to show the board you were just presented to. I will say your performance continuity report having an error has absolutely nothing to do with the results being published.

Last time I checked it was yesterday until just now to see if I had the same error. I still have yet to ever see it reflect any selection board info and this is my 4th time up.

Guest Admin_warrior
23 minutes ago, NavyAEforlife said:

Same error for me.

Just now, CPO_Pride247 said:

OK that makes sense. Thanks! I didn't look at it from that perspective.

This is what happens... now mind you, I am busy so I can't remember every time (plus old age). The database gets purged of the old and the new is added. It is then held in a holding pattern until, and only until they are given the go ahead. Meanwhile, while it is happening, people start seeing funky error messages. The only thing this time is that I don't remember this being the same error. Again though, I'm busy with the server stuff. Also, since the Triad method, the timing has changed (and I'm older).

Guest OrdieDevilDolphin
27 minutes ago, NavyAEforlife said:

Mine is coming up fine, although my OMPF is giving me an error showing documents.