FY17 Chief Selection Board

4 minutes ago, NavyLady313 said:

IF triad release is Aug 3, we have 5 days and a wake up. And I'm assuming NAC will post a schedule tomorrow or Monday. :ph34r::D

Just a heads up that NAC does not release the message related to the timeline or results. It's the office under CNP that I can't remember even though I got in a fight with them :o.

@Blondie may remember the office.

Guest Blankslate
1 minute ago, Tony said:

Just a heads up that NAC does not release the message related to the timeline or results. It's the office under CNP that I can't remember even though I got in a fight with them :o.

PERS 80 is who releases it 

For those who did not see...

The below news release dated 7/27/2015, is an example of the 2016 release everyone is waiting on to get a time-line of when the FY17 Chief's results will be posted on BOL for TRIAD (CO, XO, CMC) to view. 24 hours later, the public release will become available. 

*** This is only a Sample (2015 copy) ***
http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=90350
*** This is only a Sample (2015 copy) **

Guest FCC_Thawk
11 hours ago, NavyChic2003 said:

I also submitted a career summary, but I got very mixed reviews on whether or not to do it.

My CMC just came back from the Senior Chief board and he was adamant about including it. His view was that it helps with grading the records. 

Just now, NavyLady313 said:

Got it! But I did say NAC will post a schedule not, release. Sorry for any confusion. 

Cool beans, it may be posted to Navy news first not NAC that's why I mention it. ;)

Guest IT_wun(IW/SCW/SW/AW)

I've been lurking around here for the last 2 cycles just reading and scrolling and finally decided to make an account. 

God bless and best wishes to all those eligible! :D

Just now, Boats_Petey said:

Just saw this this morning. COC working on validation.

Story Number: NNS150727-18Release Date: 7/27/2015 3:08:00 PM

Disregard

Guest Blankslate
2 minutes ago, Boats_Petey said:

Story Number: NNS150727-18Release Date: 7/27/2015 3:08:00 PM

That's from last year @Boats_Petey but don't feel bad even a chief posted it here yesterday

Just now, Boats_Petey said:

I'm Dumb

came from on high . MY apologies Im a bit of a zombie today

Please don't apologize, quite a few have been hit with that one. 

Guest Blankslate
1 minute ago, Boats_Petey said:

I'm Dumb

No worries. Good to know even Triad is getting trolled by last year's news. Gives me something to giggle about while I try to make sure I understand Corporate finance for my final. 

Guest NAVYGUY209
12 hours ago, AWFChief said:

Out of curiosity, how many SBE here submitted a Career Summary Letter?

or maybe this would be an idea for a poll to use for statistics once results come out @Tony

Personally, I sent one in every year except the year I was selected

I submitted a Career Summary Letter with my package. I had mixed reviews but ultimately it came down to me.  This is what I sent in

CAREER SUMMARY.docx

Guest AlphaMaleOne
14 hours ago, fryeguy67 said:

For SBEs, how many enclosures did you send with your LTB and what do you think was the most significant enclosure to push you over the top?

V/R,

AT1(AW/SW)

i only sent 3 enclosures, JPME, PPME, and my SFF designation letter

Guest bocktagon

I had 18 enclosures. I heard a lot of different opinions on what to send. In the end, I was told that you can't be docked for sending too much so I went with that idea.

Guest OldSalt
9 minutes ago, Boats_Petey said:

I'm Dumb

No need. You are no where near the only one that fell into that trap. If it helps, I think you are in with the majority on that one. The number of times this has popped up recently shows how on edge we all are.

Guest Jason Jarsquid
11 minutes ago, NAVYGUY209 said:

I submitted a Career Summary Letter with my package. I had mixed reviews but ultimately it came down to me.  This is what I sent in

CAREER SUMMARY.docx

Your career summery format is legit. Way better than the one I sent to the board this year. If I don't make it this year, I will use your killer format. And either way, I will share your format with other sailors here at work. Nice job.

Guest AlphaMaleOne
3 minutes ago, bocktagon said:

I had 18 enclosures. I heard a lot of different opinions on what to send. In the end, I was told that you can't be docked for sending too much so I went with that idea.

I have always been told the more enclosures you send the board shows you are not keeping your records up to date or you are forgetting to add things to your evals that should be in there..  If I send an enclosure for something I make sure it is put into my record as well.

Guest Blankslate

96 pages...will we hit 100 with today's debate over career summary and number of enclosures in the LTB? 

Guest NAVYGUY209
5 minutes ago, Jason Jarsquid said:

Your career summery format is legit. Way better than the one I sent to the board this year. If I don't make it this year, I will use your killer format. And either way, I will share your format with other sailors here at work. Nice job.

Thank you.  I'm glad that you liked it and going to pay it forward. That's what this forum is all about anyways and I love it

Guest HM8404

Here's a sample of my career summary that I submitted. Last year, obviously didn't make a difference but was strongly recommended to do it this year. I made some changes from the one last year and we'll hopefully see next week.

CAREER SUMMARY.docx