FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest OldSalt
6 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

What if they didn't tell you why you didn't make it but released a rack and stack of where you did fall out?

Without answering the underlying issue of why to racked where you did it does not help. For example I was rack and stacked number 50 out of 100. What did the 49 sailors that were above me do that I did not? What did I do that they did not?

Guest AlphaMaleOne
10 minutes ago, Willie said:

I got multiple PME's done,SSOY for my command, SSF, and SSOY for air wing I hope I'm in there this year. 

Good Luck!

Guest navyordie123

the board doesn't just look at all the PPMEs and so on that you have done. They also look at how many sailors you have lead and taken care of and all the numbers that come with that. Just remember you can have all the collaterals in the world but if you don't do anything with them then it doesn't mean anything. You can be an LPO or shift supervisor but how did you get to that point. Did you help your junior sailors or did you walk over people to get there. We have to look past what we have done and look at who helped us get to where we are. Off of soap box now. 

Guest PS1_Flo

Hello everyone! I have been lurking here for about a week and finally decided to join. The feedback being provided is very helpful in calming me down. I'm very anxious about these results because both my husband and I are SBE. It's also nerve wracking if we both are selected because we have a daughter. Have most of the time lined up with people who can help but still have some loose ends. I'm just trying to be as prepared as possible and very "cautiously hopeful" that we both get picked up. Good luck everyone, it's really nice to see so many encouraging and motivated First Classes and excellent advice from the Chiefs Mess. 

Guest NavyPride34

It's nice to just sit down, drink a beer and read the forums.  I'm getting good a lot of good advice and knowing I'm not the only one stressing is comforting.  Any CTN's on here?

Guest NavyAircrew

I have been lurking here for several years and finally decided to join. I have learned a lot on these forums, definitely wish I would have joined sooner.

Guest AWFChief
5 minutes ago, NavyAircrew said:

I have been lurking here for several years and finally decided to join. I have learned a lot on these forums, definitely wish I would have joined sooner.

Welcome! 

Guest PS1_Flo
1 hour ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

That would be really awesome to go thru Phase II together. The good news is most Chief's messes will encourage family to attend fundraisers and Sundays are usually off limits. That will give you time with your daughter and let you see your husband on Sundays to trade war stories.

That's really good to hear! I would love to go through Phase II with my husband. Last year at the CPO pinning on my base, there was a husband and wife who pinned each other and it was amazing. 

Guest AWFChief
1 hour ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

Make sure everything you do is being mimicked by your Sailors. WE NEED LEADERS WHO ARE LEADING WITH A GOOD EXAMPLE like yourself!

I think this is the most important piece, and your evals should talk to this.

Guest AWFChief
1 minute ago, Tony said:

See how that continues to spread? 

I think it's the same people doing it over and over

Guest fryeguy67

For SBEs, how many enclosures did you send with your LTB and what do you think was the most significant enclosure to push you over the top?

V/R,

AT1(AW/SW)

Guest NavyAircrew
3 minutes ago, fryeguy67 said:

For SBEs, how many enclosures did you send with your LTB and what do you think was the most significant enclosure to push you over the top?

V/R,

AT1(AW/SW)

I submitted my SEJPME, Air Medal, MTS and DAPA certificate.  My assumption would be that the sejpme and mts are the most important.

Guest PS1_Flo
10 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

I will definitely be pulling for you two to be able to experience that together. Those are stories I love to hear about. Does this mean each of you have to read the CPO spouse handbook?

Hahaha! I guess we both do! I've read it already but I need to pass it along to him!

3 minutes ago, AWFChief said:

I think it's the same people doing it over and over

P.S. It's not your fault @AlohaChicken. Even one Chief, bless his soul, created an account just to alert everyone of the false lead. But darn did it spread like wild fire.

:graphics-3d-smileys-290149:

Guest AWFChief
2 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

It is at all levels too, I got a text from a Master Chief I know earlier with that screen shot. I told him to read the dates and he informed me that's why I'm his QA for stuff goes out to his guys. Not sure if that was empowerment or a good excuse. :graphics-3d-smileys-177509:

Probably a cover up since he didn't troll you.  Been seeing on FB all day...

Guest FCC_Thawk
9 minutes ago, fryeguy67 said:

V/R,

AT1(AW/SW)

I submitted 12. Career summary, MTS, MTS Mentor designation, instructor of the quarter LOC, assistant MTS coordinator designation, POA designation, PPME, JPME, CSC letter, ECO letter, CPO 365 lead trainer letter, and MOVSM. I think the CPO 365 one will help the most, but who knows. 

For the uninitiated,

The below news release dated 7/27/2015, is an example of the 2016 release everyone is waiting on to get a time-line of when the FY17 Chief's results will be posted on BOL for TRIAD (CO, XO, CMC) to view. 24 hours later, the public release will become available. 

*** This is only a Sample (2015 copy) ***
http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=90350
*** This is only a Sample (2015 copy) ***

Guest FCC_Thawk
6 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

I haven't heard of a CPO 365 lead trainer before. Is that similar to coordinator or is that something specific to your command? Are you the person who ensures training is within standards and schedules it? Sounds interesting and maybe something I want to implement at my command for Phase I this upcoming year.

It's similar to the coordinator position but I'm the one that ensures that the FCPO's conduct their topics iaw standards. It's specific to the command in at and the designation is signed by the CO

Guest FCC_Thawk
Just now, CPO_Pride247 said:

I like it, and I plan to use it. Great way to allow someone to show leadership and management skills at the same time.

Hopefully my body of work and the body of work of those I lead is enough to get the S... Nine times is enough lol