FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest OldSalt

22 minutes ago, OrdieDevilDolphin said:

I'm sure the higher ups are monitoring this forum and waiting till we hit 100 pages, then they will give us the date. hahaha

Wait for it!...... Wait for it!......... Stand by!........ "Page 100 of 100" Post! Post! Post!

Guest aaronarf
3 minutes ago, OneLastDance said:

Wait for it!...... Wait for it!......... Stand by!........ "Page 100 of 100" Post! Post! Post!

I'll post to that!

Guest OS1/CCC

Looks like a busy morning already. 95 guests? Ladies and Gents, create your accounts and join in on the fun. We are all waiting just like you. Chime in and help pass the time. I wasn't rudely awakened this morning, so it is another safe day to bet results arent out today. lol

Guest AWFChief

@Tony must be working hard to delete all the double posts.  Site is slowing down, either that or its all the guest F5ing.

Guest please sign up and join the conversation

Guest OldSalt
8 minutes ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

I haven't seen any select pins walking around, wonder what they were doing.

Being smart and keeping their heads down until Phase II starts. And/ Or, doing Super Secret Squirrel stuff!:ph34r:

Well, I'm not surprised how one post starts snowballing out of control. It's happened more than once on this forum. Regardless, please kill the discussion on that message. 

Guest AWFChief
16 minutes ago, OneLastDance said:

Being smart and keeping their heads down until Phase II starts. And/ Or, doing Super Secret Squirrel stuff!:ph34r:

If they're wearing Chief Select pins, Phase II has started for them

Guest OldSalt
1 minute ago, AWFChief said:

If they're wearing Chief Select pins, Phase II has started for them

Than its Super Secret Squirrel stuff!:ph34r:

Guest HM8432

Good morning everyone, and thanks for the add @Tony. Figured it was about time I stopped lurking. Thanks to everyone for the shared knowledge on this forum over the years. 

Since I know many of you here can relate:

My OIC and SEL walked in to my building while I'm sitting here on our QD this am conducting a UA. My heart skipped MULTIPLE beats! They're just touring spaces and checking up on everyone and everything before our IG visit. I'm sure my SEL saw the look on my face and got a kick out of it.  

Guest AlphaTangoOne

Its about that time isn't it?  There are quite a few lurkers out there!! Join up and join in on the fun!!

Guest DeepseaPanda
12 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

At this rate we could see 100 by the end of the day :sxmas_100-138:

No doubt on this.

Guest USNAO1AWSW
2 minutes ago, Riverine Rat said:

safe bet nothing going to happen today

yeah...im going with a release date schedule posted on Monday, 01AUG...Triad 03AUG

Guest Riverine Rat

I would think Monday as well. very unlikely they would post something this week if they haven't posted yet but hey we are in the Navy anything is possible

Guest navyordie123

im gonna go with a Monday date release, Wednesday triad release and Thursday public release. same as before.

Guest navyordie123

im gonna go with a Monday date release, Wednesday triad release and Thursday public release. same as before.

If you haven't done so, please cast your vote for the Nov presidential Election. Trying to get as much votes as possible. -> 

Guest navyordie123
2 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Same here. I'm pretty set on the Aug 3 Triad release. You can see the pace of this thing slowed way down once we realized nothing was being announced today 

it definitely has and I really think it is going to slow down this weekend just because it might be the last weekend before the results get posted. I have banked on from the beginning that it would be the 3rd and I am going to stick with that. I am surprisingly calm unlike the past couple years cause I know now that I have either made it and my life is going to change or business is going to go about as normal and just prepare for January. staying busy and trying not to think about it as much, but unfortunately had the "DREAM" the other night that I made it and I was told immediately that I had to go do the PRT. first time having that so I am not going to read into it at all cause it will just drive my nerves up the wall more.

Guest AlphaMaleOne

this may have been already asked before but Im truly curious as to what takes so long after the board is adjourned to put out a release date and the list of selectees...does anyone have a logical explanation?

Guest navyordie123
1 minute ago, DeepSea5342 said:

And @CPO_Pride247 wins today for the best intel we have received yet.

If that is truly the date, then I am ready for it, selected or not, I am ready for any new challenges that lay in wait for me.

Guest FCC_Thawk
4 minutes ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

this may have been already asked before but Im truly curious as to what takes so long after the board is adjourned to put out a release date and the list of selectees...does anyone have a logical explanation?

After board adjournment, the list has to be scrubbed for any NJP's, advancement revocations, security clearance revocations, etc. it then has to go through the COC and finally to CNP call out. After that, the results are cleared for release. 

Guest navyordie123
Just now, DeepSea5342 said:

I'm just ready for the wait to be over and the answer to a 7 month long question

you and me both brother.