FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest RiverineGM

First post on here but I thought I would share my rumor. Our CMC is on travel next week and is coming back early, he was supposed to be gone till the 6th but is flying back on the 3rd. The word is that the whole Triad was going to be gone so he is flying back to give results out to our SBE.

Guest squidballs

Sending out a good morning to everyone from the Rocky Mountains! I hope everyone is getting ready for the results to come out. This being my 10th time fingers are crossed but hey all you can do is your best and if it doesn't happen then just keep pushing and stay motivated to ensure you remain a pillar for those junior sailors that look to you for leadership and guidance. Good Luck to all!

Guest AWFChief
3 minutes ago, RiverineGM said:

First post on here but I thought I would share my rumor. Our CMC is on travel next week and is coming back early, he was supposed to be gone till the 6th but is flying back on the 3rd. The word is that the whole Triad was going to be gone so he is flying back to give results out to our SBE.

Welcome! and thanks for supporting my prediction :D

Guest Riverine Rat

Morning all. Ready for another day. It's 11 am est so if it is coming out today we should hear something soon but I think we will be waiting until next week

Guest OldSalt
45 minutes ago, AMC Hopeful said:

So this will be number 4 and I get more frustrated each year. 5 Back to back 4.0's AW/SW, LPO and Region Small Station of the Year in Recruiting, MOVSM, COM, 7 NAM's, O-Level and I-Level experience, I have served on both coasts now and still can not get selected.

The biggest flaw is no feedback. I know this has been hashed in previous years, but any advice on what to fix when we get no feedback on why we did not get selected?

Not getting feedback is very frustrating thing for everyone. Nobody knows why they did or did not get selected. What put one person over the line and the other below. For those mentoring future Chiefs they are left guessing like everybody else while trying to help. But, look at it if they did. "You did not get selected because you did not (insert issue here)." You fix that, and the next year again not selected. "Well this year they were looking more for (blank)." I think that may make it even more frustrating. Or, say they put out a list of things that once you meet you are selected. Now, you have 90 personnel that has everything on the list with room for only twenty selects. You have frustrations because they said you only needed 20 pieces of flare, and that was obviously not good enough. So, now tell me what I need to do to advance. Than you end up in the same situation cause once they put out that piece of info everyone goes out and meets it. Making nobody stand out, leaving the board to find ways to separate selects out, and everyone upset that if they were told that is what the board was going to be looking for they would have done it. Ending up in a vicious cycle

This forum and  this thread has been a welcome source of relief in this stressful time. Like all SBE's, I am here patiently waiting on the release/notification. Reading these posts let me know that I am not alone in dealing with the anxiety.

Guest USNAO1AWSW
5 minutes ago, AICS said:

Lots of people and its very quiet.

I think today is the most anticipated day for some sort of news on a release date and its here and.......nothing...:(

Guest Riverine Rat
28 minutes ago, RiverineGM said:

What RON are you with?

Guest HM_(FMF/SW/PJ)

Been lurking for about three weeks.  Cant take it anymore.  The rumor out here is August 1st but they didn't say if that is the NAVADMIN date or the triad date. 

Guest Blankslate
1 minute ago, HM_(FMF/SW/PJ) said:

Been lurking for about three weeks.  Cant take it anymore.  The rumor out here is August 1st but they didn't say if that is the NAVADMIN date or the triad date. 

I would think triad since August 1 is Monday 

Guest Blankslate

On an aside and to add to the rumor mill...my husband just called me to tell me that HE was just told by one of his chiefs that he needs to go on Amazon and order a 4 inch anchor because "they'll sell out fast once the list comes out" and that he's "going to need one real soon". Didn't get this kind of advice last year...

2 minutes ago, Blankslate said:

On an aside and to add to the rumor mill...my husband just called me to tell me that HE was just told by one of his chiefs that he needs to go on Amazon and order a 4 inch anchor because "they'll sell out fast once the list comes out" and that he's "going to need one real soon". Didn't get this kind of advice last year...

kindly advise him to include a hook, line, & sinker in his Amazon cart. Later on he will think of you as a salty dog with the knowledge... ;)

Guest Blankslate
Just now, Tony said:

kindly advise him to include a hook, line, & sinker in his Amazon cart. Later on he will think of you as an salty dog with the knowledge... ;)

I just gotta raid his fishing gear for that...

Guest Blankslate

@ArmybratNavywife let him vent and make sure to give him time to do his own thing this week/weekend. After 6 years I can tell you that it never gets easier and sometimes you will start to take it more personally than they will. I made sure we have no plans, his boat is at the ready and his tackle box is stocked with his favorite lures. Mine will probably cash in his Special Lib he got when he did his (final) re-enlistment and just spend a few days fishing to get over it before he goes back and continues doing what he's always done, which is support his sailors and help them become the best of the best for the future of the Navy. 

Guest USNAO1AWSW
4 minutes ago, AICS said:

Lots of people and its very quiet.

I think everyone's waiting for "that post" with confirmed release dates or some sort of valuable information regarding the release...F5!!..lol..

Guest OrdieDevilDolphin

I'm sure the higher ups are monitoring this forum and waiting till we hit 100 pages, then they will give us the date. hahaha

Guest navyordie123
3 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

I think we will blow past 100 pages by the end of the week.

Oh I totally agree with you

Guest Blankslate
3 minutes ago, DeepseaPanda said:

Where do you think would be the best place (Besides Here) to find info on the release date?

Navy Advancement Center or All Hands on their various social media accounts. 

Guest OrdieDevilDolphin

32 members and 98 lurkers... 130 peeps total on here.  Its getting close.  After today I dont come back to work till wedesday!