FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest Proud Navy Wife

So my husband didn't make it again so now we need to know if you're an E6 and your 20 year retirement is the end of this November, PLUS you're in a higher tenure waiver that takes you to March 2018... Are you eligible to take the exam one more time?  I know technically you're not eligible on a waiver BUT is it true that if you're eligible anytime between this October 2016 to the next October 2017 that entitles you to take it again? 

Thanks and congrats to all who got the S this year. :)

Guest Boats_Petey

Congrats to all the new selects.

This morning I am sorry to say my name was not called out. I have one more look, then I get to retire.

We had three selected. one first timer and 2 3rd timers.

Best of a luck to those still waiting.

14 minutes ago, Proud Navy Wife said:

So my husband didn't make it again so now we need to know if you're an E6 and your 20 year retirement is the end of this November, PLUS you're in a higher tenure waiver that takes you to March 2018... Are you eligible to take the exam one more time?  I know technically you're not eligible on a waiver BUT is it true that if you're eligible anytime between this October 2016 to the next October 2017 that entitles you to take it again? 

I would imagine if the waiver goes to March 2018 then he should be able to take the 2017 test. since he will have enough time on his contract for the whole board process for 2017.

2 minutes ago, Boats_Petey said:

Congrats to all the new selects.

This morning I am sorry to say my name was not called out. I have one more look, then I get to retire.

We had three selected. one first timer and 2 3rd timers.

Best of a luck to those still waiting.

Same boat for me.  I retire June 18 so next year is my last test cycle.  I won't find out who made it until I go to work in little over an hour.

Guest CTN(IW/SW)
1 hour ago, NavyPride34 said:

Anyone have any word on NIOC Maryland?  I just transfered there and I haven't heard anything yet, one way or the other.

I've only heard of 1 person so far that made it.  I haven't been given word either way yet.

Guest TheCareerCounselor
19 minutes ago, Proud Navy Wife said:

Yes, if he is in until March 2018, he's good to go. In order to be eligible you have still to be on Active Duty as of 1 September of the year you take the exam. 

Guest NavyPride34
1 minute ago, CTN(IW/SW) said:

I've only heard of 1 person so far that made it.  I haven't been given word either way yet.

This freaking sucks.  At least tell us one way or the other.  I don't want to have to wait and find out by seeing the "N" on my profile sheet tomorrow.

Guest CTN(IW/SW)
1 minute ago, NavyPride34 said:

This freaking sucks.  At least tell us one way or the other.  I don't want to have to wait and find out by seeing the "N" on my profile sheet tomorrow.

Kind of wish they would have just gotten us all together to announce.  

Guest NavyPride34
1 minute ago, CTN(IW/SW) said:

Kind of wish they would have just gotten us all together to announce.  

Yes!  That's how they do it at NIOC Hawaii.

Guest AlohaChicken

5pm has come and still no word from my husband... he has NEVER stayed at work this late in the 7 months he has been at this command, especially the day after duty. Should I see this as a good sign?

3 minutes ago, AlohaChicken said:

5pm has come and still no word from my husband... he has NEVER stayed at work this late in the 7 months he has been at this command, especially the day after duty. Should I see this as a good sign?

I would honestly wait until he contacts you.

Guest NavyChic

I received the "N" today, first time up and I'm early in my career, so I'm okay but I still wish I could've made.                      Going through the this whole process I can say I don't like how the COC doesn't tell those who don't make it, we just find out we didn't make it because we haven't heard anything or someone tells us who all made it.                       

Just now, NavyChic said:

I received the "N" today, first time up and I'm early in my career, so I'm okay but I still wish I could've made.                      Going through the this whole process I can say I don't like how the COC doesn't tell those who don't make it, we just find out we didn't make it because we haven't heard anything or someone tells us who all made.                       

That's exactly what I keep bringing up, not good leadership too.

Guest Boats_Petey

For everyone who's name was not called. Do not forget to check your BOL tomorrow. H's have been known to appear.

Guest MA1P49

Been lurking for a couple of weeks and thought I would make an account.  This forum has been a wealth of information, and I wish I would have found it sooner!  Still waiting for results here in Japan, only 0638.  Good luck to all, and congrats to those selected!

Guest mikecLS1
23 minutes ago, Boats_Petey said:

For everyone who's name was not called. Do not forget to check your BOL tomorrow. H's have been known to appear.

Wouldn't the triads get that info also?

Guest AlohaChicken

He made it!

He had me going too, came home and told me all about his friends who picked up and how many were made on the ship and how pissed he was he had to stay late to do a PA setup. FIVE MINUTES of me feeling terrible for him.

Then he tells me he's messed with me long enough. So excited and proud of him!!

Guest Boats_Petey
7 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

All board eligible FCPOs will show in TRIAD access with a S, N, or H next to that person's name. The command would already see the H and have to begin working on getting the information fixed.

Ahh ok. I got told to check BOL anyways. No worries. Again congrats to all who got the "S"

Guest Admin_warrior

So my old command doesn't have my information. I call my sponsor and he "thinks" I didn't make it but he isnt sure. Tried contacting My new chief and she will not or has not contacted me about getting a S or N. Sorry about venting just frustrated, been waiting since 8 today(west coast) and don't know anything while on PCS leave. 

Guest navyordie123
8 minutes ago, Admin_warrior said:

So my old command doesn't have my information. I call my sponsor and he "thinks" I didn't make it but he isnt sure. Tried contacting My new chief and she will not or has not contacted me about getting a S or N. Sorry about venting just frustrated, been waiting since 8 today(west coast) and don't know anything while on PCS leave. 

I'm in the same boat as you, I know nothing but hopefully in the next hour. 

Guest Boats_Petey

well just checked my Prims. Its not showing my med waiver for the last PRT now. Just lists my BCA and the other portion as incomplete. It was in there before the board but now its not. I kinda wanna bang my head on a wall now for not triple checking. Might as well start working on resumes.