FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest Escony79

My Command is doing it a little different this year. This year we must all muster in the conference room 15 minutes prior to release time and have the triad let us know who made it. The family is kind of disappointed because they wanted to be there either way.

1 minute ago, Escony79 said:

My Command is doing it a little different this year. This year we must all muster in the conference room 15 minutes prior to release time and have the triad let us know who made it. The family is kind of disappointed because they wanted to be there either way.

At least your command is being proactive. My hats off to them. 

:graphics-3d-smileys-283022:
(Only one with a hat)

Guest paperwarfare
1 minute ago, Escony79 said:

We are getting told as one big group as well but 30 minutes after posting.  We have a lot of UICs.

Now why would I get an email stating the following "Senior Chief requests a membership as required."?

Is he or she saying that I am required to give them an account? Are they trying to scare me into opening up registration? Or maybe they are at sea and something fell on the keyboard and typed out that sentence and hit the send button? I've seen it happen on the Twilight Zone you know. 

Let me ponder this yonder...
:sfood_cooking_100-100:

Guest OldSalt
5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Now why would I get an email stating the following "Senior Chief requests a membership as required."?

Is he or she saying that I am required to give them an account? Are they trying to scare me into opening up registration? Or maybe they are at sea and something fell on the keyboard and typed out that sentence and hit the send button? I've seen it happen on the Twilight Zone you know. 

Let me ponder this yonder...
:sfood_cooking_100-100:

Sounds like someone is meddling with forces best left alone!:blink:

Guest FCC_Thawk

Our command is holding a teleconference at 0830 (CA time) to let everyone know the results.  I'm on instructor duty and our command is split into three sites.  Best of luck to everyone this morning!!!!

Just now, FC1THawk said:

Our command is holding a teleconference at 0830 (CA time) to let everyone know the results.  I'm on instructor duty and our command is split into three sites.  Best of luck to everyone this morning!!!!

I'm rooting for you @FC1THawk!!

Guest FCC_Thawk
11 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Yeah I saw that as well. I was wondering if anyone else experienced that

I noticed that my N from last year is gone as well...  Hopefully it gets replaced with an S!!

Guest FCC_Thawk
11 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Yeah I saw that as well. I was wondering if anyone else experienced that

I noticed that my N from last year is gone as well...  Hopefully it gets replaced with an S!!

Guest Blankslate

22 minutes past the release time...anyone heard anything yet? every time my phone dings I jump out of my skin! 

4 minutes ago, Underbalanced said:

As a CTN - Network engineer / programmer. Really depends on your hosting software from the web server and or proprietary forum software and hardware. Servers can run on any software I.E php, java, python  and ect. If not programmed correctly for example in a Java based web-server could copy memory from disk -> java memory heap -> operating system memory -> socket buffer which is very inefficient and can efficiently can be programmed if you know what your doing disk -> socket buffer cutting all the memory copies out. Also if your home hosting, the router can be a big problem in relation to sessions. Anyways I was thinking about the same thing on the forums performance. I am programming a Massively Multiplayer Online Game in my off time. If you want we can chat offline about the server specifications and look at ways to increase performance and its poop out tolerance.

You are telling me things I already know and over fluffing it a little. This website has been around probably before you joined the Navy. The real equation is $$$. <_<

Guest AlohaChicken

Only a handful of people have checked in! I need more results! 

Have yet to hear anything from my husband, my two close girlfriends husbands' are both an N. (an AO and an NC)