FY-15 LDO/CWO SELECTION BOARD

Guest 7421_7431_Canidate

Copy Memphis Hawk.....I agree ...the guidance is clear i just thought somebody stumbled across some info i wasn't aware of...@ the end of the day we will all just have to wait it out. 

18 days til march getting close yall !!!!

Guest OPSTECH

hey, heard from a senior LDO that its pretty much standard to have a TAO letter in your package. sounds shady to me, since I have never been at a command that let anyone but officers get TAO. is this just jetwash or solid gouge?

Guest guy2001

I wouldn't call it standard but a TAO letter would certainly help set a candidate apart. The precept says that favorable consideration will be given to blah blah but essentially says stands a warfare commander qualification. So if your not a TAO but stood Air or SWC your in good shape. I have been on ships where they have let  Chief's stand TAO but its the exception rather then the rule.

Guest guy2001

figured as much, the FEB/MAR Jitters must be getting to me.

Understand the wait is the worst part......Here's to hoping we are one of the lucky 13 chosen!

Guest OPSTECH

Understand the wait is the worst part......Here's to hoping we are one of the lucky 13 chosen!

for sure! 3rd time applying, hoping the 3rd time's a charm rule pays off this year! good luck bro!

Guest guy2001

Even though our minds are all set for an early March release, I still believe there is still a possibility for a late Feb surprise.

I hope so but I am still keeping my head for early March. The closer the results come out the more the jitters kick in. It's more just wanting to know if I don't make it this time it wasn't meant to be. That being said its starting to become that time where it's like just release them already! I am attending a retirement ceremony today so I was getting my blues ready and couldn't help but think will this be the last time I wear the anchors with this uniform? Oh well, let the wait begin in earnest......

Guest CTRC(SW/IDW/AW)

I've never quite understood how a bourd can adjourn in January, and it takes months to post the results.

Imagine a division running with such a lack of vigor...LOL.

I'm on the edge of my seat!!

I think I am the only person here who is perfectly fine with waiting until March for the results. I recently returned from a deployment and am now going through the stressful process of preparing to PCS across country on 01 March. I’m already on edge and the less drama, the better. But yes, I too have results jitters. lol.

I am really surprised I don't have the anxiety I had when I applied the first time. I was very disappointed to not get the S. The second time, I was just like, wow. This time it's gonna be like "whatever". The reason is that I have come to realize that the LDO/CWO selection is one of the most deceptive boards out there. It's only comparable to making Admiral. You may have all the check marks and still fall short. If I am selected, I know luck plays a bigger role than my performance. This board is so competitive, that great applicants may still get passed over.

Guest chindoling

You are right.  But I have known of 1 person that did fail.  I'm not sure how they got to that point, but it happened.

On another note, I have seen one LDO sent back to his command on Day One (at 0600) of the LDO/CWO course due to BCA failure.  Not sure if he returned to the course after our graduation.  Stay fit, please.

Guest Teeyumcee

Maybe today!! haha  They do like putting out results before holiday weekends.  The Fall E4-E6 cycle seems to always be the week of Thanksgiving, so people can use the holiday cheer up or have extra time to be sad.

Memph, just wanna let you know that befor you posted this a few days ago I was just fine. Now I got the jitters (once again). LOL!

I have been a member here since 2008 in some form, but stuff keeps happening where accounts all disappear.  I was 'istdercollen' and there were 2800 registered users in July of 2008. Still have the email in my inbox, lol.

Another old timer here. Accounts sometimes disappear to avoid compromise from hackers. Amazing how Tony has kept this forum going for all these years with all these sophisticated hackers. I started hanging here as an E5 in early 2008. I remember you MemphisHawk.

Another old timer here. Accounts sometimes disappear to avoid compromise from hackers. Amazing how Tony has kept this forum going for all these years with all these sophisticated hackers. I started hanging here as an E5 in early 2008. I remember you MemphisHawk.

and as we speak, the server has been under attack since yesterday 10:23 PM until <current>. Every country you can imagine going after the mail server, not sure how they do that ...  BBb)

Don't take away my fun, I'm sitting here staring at E5 evals and I need something to keep me from bashing my head on the desk lol

well, no one has answered yet so I was tempted to hop in and show my hand!  :rolleyes:

Guest CTRC(SW/IDW/AW)

Hey brother, how long have you been in?  I still can't apply for CWO for another year, and I'm holding out hope that I won't have to worry about it after this year.

I'm a female so "sister." SURPRISE! lol. I have been in for 13 years and this is my first application. I am satrting to get anxious about the results but I have the frame of thought that what is meant to be will be when it's meant to be.