FY-15 LDO/CWO SELECTION BOARD

Not at all.  Been checking for a few days now.

So will there be any way to check whether or not we made it? Or will it just be when the message comes through?  

So will there be any way to check whether or not we made it? Or will it just be when the message comes through?

The LDO/CWO web site says results will be released via ADMIN.

Guest snipe44

Last few years results came out in early March. My guess is March 5 or 6. Does anyone know if the board usually adjourns as early as it did this year?

Last few years results came out in early March. My guess is March 5 or 6. Does anyone know if the board usually adjourns as early as it did this year?

This board usually lasted 3 weeks. I too was surprised when I heard they adjourned this year after only 2 weeks. I have heard they worked long hours and weekends to get it done fast. I am gunning for early March for results but Late February will not be surprising. If the CNP's schedule warrants an early call-out, we could see an early release. Either way, my FY-16 package is already on the chopping block just in case.

Guest snipe44

This board usually lasted 3 weeks. I too was surprised when I heard they adjourned this year after only 2 weeks. I have heard they worked long hours and weekends to get it done fast. I am gunning for early March for results but Late February will not be surprising. If the CNP's schedule warrants an early call-out, we could see an early release. Either way, my FY-16 package is already on the chopping block just in case.

Guest snipe44

Since they finished early maybe we will see late February. I probably should get mine ready as well but optimistic. One of the board members sat my board he gave me a good write up and all 10s but also told me the only thing he sees is a possible lack of experience that may prevent a selection. So that concerns me. 5 appraisals submitted all from 4 from my designator three cwo4s and one cwo5 and a 06 engineer. Hope that carries some weight.

Guest snipe44

Picked up chief 2 years ago. He thought not doing a full tour as lcpo at sea yet could be a draw back in the boards eyes. Just so happened he was part of the board. Although he gave me a good appraisal im still concerned he may have pointed that out.

Guest 7421_7431_Canidate

"Did anyone ever see the selection board status on the eval report for BOL?" Newbie whats this all about? do they list a status (lessons learned)

board finding upon completion?

Picked up chief 2 years ago. He thought not doing a full tour as lcpo at sea yet could be a draw back in the boards eyes. Just so happened he was part of the board. Although he gave me a good appraisal im still concerned he may have pointed that out.

A lot of 641s selected for the past two cycles were frocked CPOs. Some E6s with 8 years TIS have selected first time up, so the experience premise is subjective or it could be designator specific

Guest 7421_7431_Canidate

Copy Memphis Hawk.....I agree ...the guidance is clear i just thought somebody stumbled across some info i wasn't aware of...@ the end of the day we will all just have to wait it out. 

Guest snipe44

A lot of 641s selected for the past two cycles were frocked CPOs. Some E6s with 8 years TIS have selected first time up, so the experience premise is subjective or it could be designator specific

Guest snipe44

He thought I was excellent for LDO however im only eligible for CWO which he believed required more. We will see how his counterparts on the board felt once the NAVADMIN is released.

Some Navy History for everyone.   On this day (31JAN) in 2003, the LDO/CWO results were posted via NAVADMIN.

Amazing how we used to have timeliness. Early to mid Feb used to be the normal time frame when results were released until a couple of years recently when they seem to creep into March.

The word from PERS is that the LDO/CWO results will be released 1st week of March this year. Good luck to everyone.  26 days til March !

Thanks for the info. Early March is the new trend.

The word from PERS is that the LDO/CWO results will be released 1st week of March this year. Good luck to everyone.  26 days til March !

Do you have a contact at pers or something? Or is that something that you found online?

Guest CTRC(SW/IDW/AW)

Now that the board has adjourned, what are the predications for the release date of the results? I assume they’ll still come out in March as they have with previous years??? This was my first application. I’m keeping an open outlook.

Here's some new gouge.  I will preface this by saying that none of your Enlisted Swim Qualifications count towards this requirement. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Completion of the Third Class Swim Qualification is a graduation requirement for all students who attend the LDO/CWO Course at Officer Training Command, Newport (OTCN). The swim test consists of a Deep Water Jump, 50 Yard Swim, Prone (face down) Float, and Coverall Inflation. You must complete the swim qualification per Navy Swimming and Water Survival Instructor's Manual (NETC P1552/16). Before reporting to OTCN, be prepared and ready to take the swim test during your first week of the course. The swim test consists of four parts:1) Deep Water Jump: Can you jump off of a 10 foot platform into the deep end of the swimming pool?2) 50 Yard Swim: Can you swim 50 yards without stopping, standing, or holding onto the sides of the pool? There are four accepted strokes that you can use. The stroke options are the breaststroke, sidestroke, backstroke, and crawlstroke.3) Prone (face down) Float: Can you float face down while appearing safe, calm and relaxed for five minutes? Swimmer must inhale from the mouth and exhale from the mouth and nose. Breathing should be slightly above resting rate (approximate 20 breaths per minute). Breathlessness, gasping, erratic breathing or swallowing water is unacceptable.4) Coverall Inflation: Can you jump into the deep end of the pool, surface and sufficiently fill your coveralls with air (slapping the surface of the water and pushing air into the unzipped coveralls) so that you can float motionless?Any student who is unable to complete the initial swim test during week one will attend remedial swim until they pass. The OTCN Commanding Officer can keep a student up to three weeks after graduation until the student completes the swim test. If you fail to complete the swim test during your time at OTCN, you will not receive a certificate of completion for the course, and the gaining command and detailer will be contacted.If you answer no to any of the questions above, get to a swimming pool and practice the basics of swimming before reporting to OTCN. Also, while you're at the pool practice floating and the swim strokes mentioned above. Following these tips will allow you to be successful upon your arrival to OTCN. Mustangs requiring Second Class Swim Qualification can obtain it while at OTCN.

Well, you are already commissioned before you go to OTC. The best they can do is to delay you for a few days. Nobody got kicked out of boot camp for 3rd class swim test.