FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest BigFishCA

I've gotten reports from my co-workers at work, unfortunately I can't seem to load my profile sheets from home as of yet.  Its saying "Page can not be displayed"

all the lurkers should apply for accounts. In the coming weeks and months there will be some very valuable information shared on this forum. The more contributers the better!!!

• Like 1

Guest shooter mcgavin

I didn't do the Senior Enlisted JPME on NKO I did that through National Defense University and e-mailed them through the "contact us" function and the e-mailed me a copy of the cert.  Also, for those of you that were asking about the PPME after block 7 there is a page that gives step by step instructions how to request your cert.  It has been a while for me but last year when I did it, it also had a e-mail address and I e-mailed them and they sent me the cert.  I know this is not in-depth info but I hope it helps a little.

ahh I see. Well looking at the National Defense University it states that this course is not available to Navy E6's. How did you get in?

on a side note I am SBE!!!! the IT test was a rough one this year so thats one burden off my shoulders

Guest Blondie

I want to echo the sentiments that have been previously expressed and encourage all of the guests to register and contribute to the discussion.  Everyone comes from a different background and has valuable insight to share!  And since nobody knows everything, that means that everyone must have questions as well!  Come join in the discussion.

Guest Huntergreen

Most importantly, congrats to all the SBE!

Quick question:

1. Has anyone experienced falling short by a "tenths" of a point for their final multiple score and was still able to be part of the "SBE" process?

Hopefully there is something that can be done for folks like myself that fell into that type of category, also something that I can take back to my future "SBE" peers who may experience the same scenario as me.

Multiple required: 117.73

My final multiple:  117.16              

Guest AZ4LIFE

Most importantly, congrats to all the SBE!

Quick question:

1. Has anyone experienced falling short by a "tenths" of a point for their final multiple score and was still able to be part of the "SBE" process?

Hopefully there is something that can be done for folks like myself that fell into that type of category, also something that I can take back to my future "SBE" peers who may experience the same scenario as me.

Multiple required: 117.73

My final multiple:  117.16              

I am so sorry to see that you are so close.  I have not heard of anything that can be done except make sure that your evals were calculated up correctly. 

Guest TM1/SS

Well I got my ticket to the show again this year. I feel better about it this year than last. Back at sea, got a solid recruiting your under my belt, LPO billet at sea and ashore, qualified beyond senior in rate. What more could they want from me?

I looked at my profile sheet and I was shocked. I walked out of that exam feeling like I knew nothing, but ended up scoring in the 93rd percentile. I know I wasn't that smart, does that mean my peers were even less smart?

Congrats to all the FY-15 SBE's! I've been following this forum since I was a rook E-6 and this is my first post. I've picked up valuable insight and guidance from this forum, so thank you! This is my 3rd consecutive year SBE and I was wondering if anyone has ever had any luck with a "Summary Letter" and if anyone has a sample of one they could send me? Again, thanks for all the gouge from years past shipmates! Best of luck to all in the war room.

Guest docjt95

Good morning everyone.  Second year SBE and second year to this forum.  There was a lot of great info passed last year, should be the same this year.  To SARswim, as I was preparing my package last year, the majority of the  Chief's Mess said the Summary Letter is optional but highly encouraged.  A few Chiefs said it's frowned upon and not really looked at anymore.  The CMC at my last command wanted everyone to include a Summary Letter in their package and he has sat on a few of the Boards.  When it comes down to it, it's your package and you have to be satisfied and comfortable with what you are submitting.  Just my thoght.  What does everyone else feel about th eSummary Letter?

Guest Fisherx2

First off congrats to all the SBE's! I was curious to know, possibly if anyone has been in my type of situation or may know the answer to my question. I took the exam late (18 FEB) underway due to missing the actual exam because I was on emergency leave during that time. I am currently on leave in between commands (xfering) and do not have access to a cac reader to verify my profile sheet. My question is, are the results out for ALL personnel who took late exams?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated