FY16 SELRES CPO Board Thread.

Is it really anonymous though? There would be tons of work involved in redacting names on every single page of every board eligible's record. Isn't the whole point of writing names and socials on the LTB enclosures is to make sure they're properly identified as yours?

I wish I could expand on it more, I am just relayining information I have obtained form MC's who have sat the board....

I received the best advice I have ever used again yesterday at a CPO Meeting, it is no secret really....

When writing your EVAL you should be writing it to the board, therefore you should be using MCPO's who have sat boards as your guide, not just on EVALS but career direction as well (collateral duties ect.). Don't follow anyone else's direction on "I think this looks...", use only MCPO's who have sat boards. I know that can be challenging but they are out there, (Not during EVAL season) Ask your CMC for a POC for your rating who has sat boards, introduce yourself, ask for a mentoring session, keep in touch and by God, route your eval thought that MCPO.

I did this for CPO and SCPO and IT WORKED. My CMC /XO/CO NEVER made changes (except grammari) to my evals. I routed three to four MCPO chopped EVALs on the left with their names at the top, and the final product (a combination of all revisions) on the right.

These same MCPO's will be blunt with you, they will tell you that this is not your year but here is what you need to do to get there, OR in my case for the three years I was a Chief (and practiced what I preach above) you are on track and ready for SCPO! (And trust me, there were days/weeks/months) that they gave me some stern mentorship)

Guest CajunMA

RMC

That is some outstanding advice!!!!! Best I've heard yet!!!

I lucked up with a MC who has sat on boards and gave me his chop. I did not get any feedback regarding if it was my year or not though.

Your guidance will be something I carry forward throughout my career.

Guest CMC in waiting

Are we starting the guessing for what day results will come out? I say June 25th 1100AM Eastern Standard Time.

about 4 weeks to the right of that is my guess

Guest CajunMA

Not sure which quotas I'm looking at.

The ones posted on this board show MAC at 19, but the one on the navvpers show it at 26.

???

Guest BearsCubsBullsBlackhawks

Not sure which quotas I'm looking at.

The ones posted on this board show MAC at 19, but the one on the navvpers show it at 26.

???

Selres should be 26, that is what All Hands put online.

CajunMA, Not sure what your looking at, but both this link here:  http://www.navy.mil/ah_online/ftrStory.asp?issue=3&id=87195 from page two of this thread and NPC have 26 listed for your rate.

I don't see much changing on the precepts from year to year. The problem for Seabees (and other rates) is the extreme downsizing of the entire NCF, Navy force restructuring, and the subsequent lack of quotas for chief in many rates. I was shocked last season, when 26 SELRES BU1s put on anchors.....I was even more shocked to see 8 for CM this time. the prior 3 years have yielded ONE quota for CMC. I've been up a few times, have great evals, deployments, two warfare pins, top 4 percent of exam takers, super high final multiple, never had any NJP or discipline issues, no PRT issues, always volunteer for challenging A/T duty, mentor the heck out of juniors....will I be selected? I'm not gonna hold my breath, but I definitely think I'm ready, just hope the board thinks so.

With regard to agree to disagree, I think that the board could offer a little more than just precepts and "N" or "S"

Your complaint cuts both ways.  Seabees weren't saying much during the Iraq/Afghanistan wars when the numbers were golden.  It's the nature of the beast.  They will open up when they need the Seabees again, which will probably be sooner than later.

At the same time having a massive disparity in rating advancement is bad for the force as a whole.  My first LPO in the Reserves was a BU1 when I was an E-5.  Now I outrank him, he's just as ready as I was to be a CPO in my opinion.  His timing was off.  The Navy as a whole could do a better job at normalizing advancement.  IMO there should never be 0% or 100% advancement to any rank.  100% advancement requires that CoC's actually rate people that shouldn't be advanced with adverse evals.  That causes such a **** storm that it's easier for commands to give a 3.0 P eval.  Sorry to digress.

As long as there is 1 billet open it's fair.  It sucks when you look at other rates and the doors are wide open, but the door usually only shuts when it was open for a long time... like MA and Seabees.  Anyway if you want to be the 1 if you aren't 1 of 8 this year find the guys that were selected and ask them what they were doing the past 5 years.

Guest SeaBeeDoc

Okay, I am putting it out there, my guess is we will know the results Wednesday afternoon on the 24th. It is just a guess with no real logic behind it, lol I just remember the last time I made Board we were waiting all day and most people had given up checking and went home for evening and just after 1700 they were posted. Needless to say, I am standing by to stand by once again in the remote hope that this is my year!

SeaBeeDoc

Good Day everyone!  So I am just curious where everyone drills out of.  I am in NOSC Chicago in case you couldn't tell by my User ID.  Haha

Good Day everyone!  So I am just curious where everyone drills out of.  I am in NOSC Chicago in case you couldn't tell by my User ID.  Haha

NYC

Guest Mustang6235

Last year the board convened 19 May and results were out towards the end of June. I'm thinking around the 25th.

Btw...NOSC Shreveport

Well either way at this point, our fates are sealed for this year.

That is for sure.  According to NAVADMIN 235/14 (link here):  http://www.npc.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/messages/Documents/NAVADMINS/NAV2014/NAV14235.txt

Paragraph 2 states the board last from 18 May through 5 June 2015 for Reserve E7.  Today is the day...5 June.  It is time for Post Board Scrub to commence.

I hope everyone on here gets to wear those coveted anchors.

Guest CMC in waiting

a couple things I'm wondering about and comments 

first, the guessing about when the results are announced...SELRES selectee names are announced before active duty?   doesn't seem like they've done that in the past. My buddy who made it two years ago wasn't informed until something like the 26th of August

how long does the post board scrub take? as long as the board itself?

any officer or member of the board who leaks info about selectees is in violation...

g . Before the report of the selection board is signed by each Board Member, Recorder, and Assistant Recorder , the recommended selectees may be disclosed only to members of the board, Recorder, Assistant Recorders, and those administrative support personnel designated in writing. After you sign the board report, only the recommended selectees of the board may be disclosed after I have made the recommended selectees public. Except as authorized either by myself or higher authority, the proceedings and deliberations of the board may not be disclosed to any person who is not a Board Member , Recorder , Assistant Recorder, or administrative support personnel

Guest hayes

a couple things I'm wondering about and comments

first, the guessing about when the results are announced...SELRES selectee names are announced before active duty? doesn't seem like they've done that in the past. My buddy who made it two years ago wasn't informed until something like the 26th of August

The FY-13 and FY-14 boards got delayed than the usual schedule, so the results came out after the active duty board results. Reserve results are traditionally out earlier than the active duty counterparts.

Agreed, the year I had made it up to FY13 the SELRES list was released prior to ACTIVE DUTY. The selectees were way ahead in charges but weren't really ahead (those of you selected will understand this).

Guest Mustang6235

Last year the board convened May 19 with results being released to the Triad last week of June. I think around the 25th.