FY-17 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Guest CTR1NiceGuy

Pretty quiet right now. I guess it's still early. I have a question that someone may be wondering though. If I have a LCDR that has observed me all year, but PCS's just before my interviews, am I allowed to have him do an appraisal and include it in my package?

Guest CTO_IT_CPO

Great question for all, CTR1
Are you looking to do your interviews in June like the brief stated or another time?

I did not even decide to apply until August last year, was WAY behind on everything.

I'm leaning towards applying for 749 this year, and I'm wondering, is there a way to query FLTMPS by designator to find all active duty of a particular designator?

I'm leaning towards applying for 749 this year, and I'm wondering, is there a way to query FLTMPS by designator to find all active duty of a particular designator?

I suppose I could have spent a little more time digging for my own answer before asking.  Yes, it is possible.  If you have FLTMPS go to individual data search, and you can filter by designator. 

I suppose I could have spent a little more time digging for my own answer before asking.  Yes, it is possible.  If you have FLTMPS go to individual data search, and you can filter by designator. 

but great that you shared your question and answer.  BBb)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YNC(SS)

Anyone have a continuation sheet I can template from? I don't see one on the LDO/CWO page on NPC. I do like that they've continually added checklists and sheets to help.

I just used a word document.  The continuation sheet doesn't have to be perfect. 

Guest DeathMoJo

Book marking this discussion for later.  First time up for Chief this year but planning on the LDO application as well, applying for 618X.

I talked with a LCDR that sat the board this past January and he said one of the biggest factors for interviews was to try and find an O-5 and above to do at least one of your interviews.  So select few and their appraisals carry a lot more weight than O-4 and below he said.  For CWO's, have at least one CWO5 interview.

A quick and easy way to find a listing is use FLTMPS and search by designator, it pulls all the names and their commands. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ordie230

TIME LOST

DUE TO                INACTIVE    ACTIVE
BRANCH    ENLISTED   DISCHARGED      MISCONDUCT            DUTY          DUTY 
USNR-R     00-00-00         00-00-00                   NONE                 00-00-00
USN            00-00-00         00-00-00                  NONE                 00-00-00

*YR/MO/DA

is there an easy way to compute this?  This is the only part of the application that stresses me out every time.

Guest YNC(SS)

Hey all,

Is package deadline on Oct or December? I know the fy17 navadmin has not come out yet.

Good luck to all.....

Should be October.  December will be for things you want to send to the board.

Guest CTO_IT_CPO

Thanks for the reply!

what actually is due on OCT? Are the application form/appraisals/enclosures due on December?

Applications must be postmarked NLT 1 October... this includes enclosures + apraisals. 

"Routine addendums to applications, excluding evaluations and awards, must be received NLT 1 December 2014. Evaluations and awards must be received NLT the day prior to the board convening." NAVADMIN 

Guest Suppa

Applications must be postmarked NLT 1 October... this includes enclosures + apraisals.

"Routine addendums to applications, excluding evaluations and awards, must be received NLT 1 December 2014. Evaluations and awards must be received NLT the day prior to the board convening." NAVADMIN

Hey everyone first time posting long time lurking! Selected 649x FY-16. Big change that should come out in the NAVADMIN is all packages have to be to the board by OCT1. No more postmarked before OCT 1. I suggest if your COC is running late on your package email it in. Let your command know this is a huge change. Remember the actually package has to be at the board by 01OCT. Also if you need any help on the packages fill free to hit me up.

Here's another big change coming:

"The Time In Service (TIS) Window for FY-17 LDO will be 8 to 14 years of service (TIS waivers will not be considered). Stay tuned for the release of the FY-17 Active Duty LDO and CWO In-service Procurement Board NAVADMIN." Source: Mustang Jan/Feb news.

This officially makes FY17 my last shot for LDO.

• Like 1

Guest CTO_IT_CPO

Hey all!

Anyone planning to include the O PPME? For their CWO package?

Had it in my last one - shows you are preparing now to become what you want to be.

Had my appraisal board today, 2 LTs and a Captain, all in my designator. I feel as if I just took the worst advancement exam ever, if the exam could ask you questions probing and make you doubt yourself. I have no clue what kind of recommendation I'm getting either, my appraisals will be picked up by my coordinator and go straight to the CO for his write up. Got a pit in my stomach, but I'm still committed to getting better and better. 

Just a reminder to be prepared for an honest assessment and to be genuinely tested when you go before a good panel, for those applying first time this year.

Guest Tbird2go

Had my appraisal board today, 2 LTs and a Captain, all in my designator. I feel as if I just took the worst advancement exam ever, if the exam could ask you questions probing and make you doubt yourself. I have no clue what kind of recommendation I'm getting either, my appraisals will be picked up by my coordinator and go straight to the CO for his write up. Got a pit in my stomach, but I'm still committed to getting better and better. 

Just a reminder to be prepared for an honest assessment and to be genuinely tested when you go before a good panel, for those applying first time this year.

FPG, yeah I've gone through a couple and although the questions may stay about the same from interview to interview, the tone can defineatley change from wardroom to wardroom. If you showed good composure and a strong knowledge of your intended designators career path you should be fine.

Guest Tbird2go

Asking for some admin help on this one folks, does anyone have an MS Word template for printing enclosures (Enclosure (1) SSN etc) on to each of your package submissions? Also, this is the first time applying while doing all of the package prep (yes I was lucky and my last command took care of the whole process) What is the guidance on the "labeled brown folder?" Is this something that I could find at a local admin office? Our NCC is on leave and I'll definitely contact him as soon as he gets back in the office. Just hoped someone had some good gouge on the package prep process.

Thanks,

CTTC with 11yr 8mo in applying for the third time for LDO.

Guest Tbird2go

Found it on the LDO CWO board page on NPC "Duh"

Submit the application in a PLAIN BROWN LETTER SIZE FILE FOLDER, (no pocket folders).  NO paper clips or staples on the application itself.  Attach a white label, see example below.  On the label, annotate the following information (typed preferred for legibility) (folders are not required to submit addenda):

----------------------------------------------------------------

LABEL EXAMPLE (PLEASE SUBSTITUTE YOUR PARTICULAR INFO)

FRIEND, ZACHERY S                  644X

CTTC 

----------------------------------------------------------------