FY-17 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

I will be applying again this year, but only for 713x this time.  My package is solid and the only changes I am going to make are deleting all LDO references and updating TIS area.  It just sucks when you are at the top of your game and no matter how well you do, you are going to be held back due to the type of ship you are on.

Guest Chief Wifey

Dogg, I'm not sure if you got this response from the FY16 page (regarding 713X stats), but here it is again

EM, EN, GS, IC, MM......I'm interested in knowing which rate picked up the most this cycle....my hubby is a MM.....if possible, the time in service also

Not sure about the rest of you guys but i spent last night and today working on my FY17 package someone hit the fast forward button!

I'm not sure what needs to change in my package, with the exception of TIS and my new command. I got an NOB in November, working hard for that EP come november. Hopefully I won't need it come July.

Guest CTO_IT_CPO

I'm not sure what needs to change in my package, with the exception of TIS and my new command. I got an NOB in November, working hard for that EP come november. Hopefully I won't need it come July.

If you need any help with the CPO package, I am sure that any CPO in here is willing to help out.

Dogg, I'm not sure if you got this response from the FY16 page (regarding 713X stats), but here it is again

EM, EN, GS, IC, MM......I'm interested in knowing which rate picked up the most this cycle....my hubby is a MM.....if possible, the time in service also

I will check it out on Monday. I'm off Friday

If you need any help with the CPO package, I am sure that any CPO in here is willing to help out.

I appreciate it Chief. Being at ATG I am surrounded by Senior personnel, but I will also look here to have many different eyes view my package.

Guest CTO_IT_CPO

I appreciate it Chief. Being at ATG I am surrounded by Senior personnel, but I will also look here to have many different eyes view my package.

Aye...as in most things you will run into a variety of opinions. 

I will be applying again this year, but only for 713x this time.  My package is solid and the only changes I am going to make are deleting all LDO references and updating TIS area.  It just sucks when you are at the top of your game and no matter how well you do, you are going to be held back due to the type of ship you are on.

Bro hit me up. Selected for 613x, commission on October 2015. Let me know if there is something I can help you with, I am available to help out.

Here are the stats:

2 MMC

2 ENC

3 EMC

4 DCC

4 GSMC

1 GSC

1 GSEC

Out of all 17 selectees, only 4 are Senior Chiefs-MMCS, EMCS, GSCS, and DCCS. There were few with 14 yrs TIS. I hope this helps.

3rd time going for 616X this year. Yep, I gotta get everything sewn up before I leave for deployment in May. I'll get appraisal interviews completed at least. Hoping to get the leg up with a TAO and JOOD letter by the time the next board comes around. Interesting that everybody that got selected for 616X was an FC this year, I keep telling myself that they only wanted FCs this year in order the soften the hurt of not getting selected. :P

Guest HawaiiGM

@forceprotectorguy I will be putting in my package this year for the 1st time for 616x surfaceordnance . Do you have any pointers or tips that you can share?

I am currently putting my package together for 653X. I know there may not be that many in here who have applied for this specific program, but any help will be greatly appreciated. If anyone has insight as to how the "why I want to be an LDO" should look or sound, let me know and I will send  you want I have so far and feel free to chop it up and spit it out. Like I said all help will be taken in stride and most appreciated.

@HawaiiGM PM me an email address and I'll send you my package so you can see what I put together.

On that note, if any 616X reading this would be willing to send me their package, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Just wondering if anyone has a letter recommendation that they would be willing to share that they have submitted to the board. I have one of the officers requesting that I write it and then send it to them so they can pretty much sign it.