FY-16 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Now that the SBE results are out, it's that time again to start preparing that LDO/CWO package. For old applicants like me, the disappointment after fail to select for the third time has subsided. Looking forward to start tweaking my package. There is a new appraisal sheet on the Mustang web site and all applicants are required to use only this new one. The only change I noticed is that your interviewer has to indicate if the interview was conducted over the phone, face to face or other means. Good luck to all applying.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

First step is to familiarize yourself with the instructions as a whole and your designator in particular. Get a mentor from your designator and send out your package to Mustangs for vetting. A lot of Past selectees hang in here to give advice, so hang tight here. The NAVADMIN is still in the chop chain and should be released within the next couple of months.

• 1 month later...

Awesome, I'll check it out now, thanks for the heads up.
I've been struggling to make my application write up not sound like a high school essay. I keep second guessing myself on what the board wants to read. Otherwise the package is coming together nicely.

EDIT: 136/14 is CHANGE TWO TO OPNAVINST 7220.11D NUCLEAR OFFICER INCENTIVE PAY
Unless I'm completely looking in the wrong place...

Please beware that the NAVADMIN number will likely change because it conflicts with others. The ASST LDO community Manager is aware of the number conflict.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guy2001

I thought FY-16 LDO would have a TIS waiver for up to 14.5 years. I don't see that listed in this NAVADMIN.

From a "Brief Your Relief" training I got from my EMO:

NAVADMIN 281/12 announces the following changes:
*LDO 8-14 years of service for FY-16 (waivers up to 14.5)
CWO 14-20 years for FY-16 (waivers up to 22 for MCPO)
CWO 6 year service obligation upon commissioning

* Pending change:  9-14 YOS in FY-16 and 10-14 YOS in FY-17 to support proposed permanent appointments of all LDOs as explained on next slide

I am interested to see when this pending change goes into effect as it did not for FY-16

I was wondering if there are any other 633x LDO applicants following this forum so I can see who I am up against.  Best of luck to all applying this year!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bucko

Checking back in with everyone...after the dreaded N I focused on getting better and becoming one of the best among those fully qualified for 639X happy to report that my interviews went well again this year! Package is all put together, looked over multiple times by several Senior Mustangs. Hoping the Chief's results will pop soon so we all get a bit more clarity on the path over the next 8 months!

Guest PSjg78

My package is almost complete, there are only 2 of us from my command putting in for LDO ... 641X ... Boards are being set up for next month some time.. I have been in contact with several Mustangs the Admin field along with a couple retired ones.. Good luck to all those AD guys pending CPO results.... soon you will know your fate... if not LDO here you come like me :-)

Guest PSjg78

Good luck! Have you read the current community news letter?

Sure have I have them all printed since January!! Been studying them since Im sure they will ask something on the board from the newsletters

Guest PSjg78

Good idea:) You see the part about SMARTs not being encouraged this year?

Sure do, and I bet if someone sends it in they might end up on bottom of the pile ... If its not being encouraged its for a reason.  I did ask the question about that and havent received a responce, both of my USMAP are documented on my smart along with all my grad school classes but they dont show up anywhere else, so would I want to send my smart if not should I just send my certificates as enclosures.  Im sure I know the answer send as enclosures ...

Guest Bucko

I had some courses that I did that for. You can also send your collegiate transcript to the VEC and they will add it to your ompf. I did that after I finished my bachelor's degree.

Guest Bucko

If you have a copy of your transcript already you can get your admin guru to stamp certified true copy and properly label as an enclosure for submission.

Guest MM1(SS)Nuke

I'm glad to see some conversation starting back up in here.  I have been following the Chief board like crazy just watching the excitement build for everyone.  I was lucky enough to get the S in late February and will be commissioning Oct 1 of this year.  I am pretty much sitting around waiting for that now, and would be happy to help anyone in anyway that I can.  It should be obvious by my name, but I was selected 640X.  Good luck to everyone with getting your boards and packages done.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

I have been wondering why this thread went cold. Welcome back guys, it's certainly that time again. Fourth time 6412 applicant here. Just completed interviews last week. Getting package ready for routing.

Good luck Dogg! How many shots do you have left? I have two including this year...hope this is the year!

I have 3 including this year. Good luck to you too and all members. I am patiently waiting to be eligible for CWO.