FY-15 LDO/CWO SELECTION BOARD

Guest BMC2LDO2008

ACU5?  Are you there for CM, ENG, NAV or shore duty? Look at your timeline is it consistent throughout the last 5-8 years in regards to all of the above?

To All...

What will be the first thing you do if you are blessed with the honor of becoming a Mustang?

Me: Drop to my knees in gratitude and probably shed a tear...lol

Guest EMO1981

This year has been one of the most stressful for me with regards to the release date. My ship goes on deployment right around the time the results are "supposed" to come out, I am transferring to C6F to be the AJICO, which would set me up good for next years board, but now I have no idea if i am going to be packing up and moving around the world, or staying put and deploying. needless to say the Mrs. is not happy with the waiting game.

Don't stress this detail.  If you get selected, you will likely still transfer to C6F.  There are a couple reasons for this... Funding for your orders has been allocated and approved, especially if you have hard copy; also, depending on what your commissioning month, there is a significant amount of time between results posting and your commissioning.  Any number of things can happen that could disqualify you.  

When I was selected I was in "A" school going through a rating conversion.  At the end of the day, I was told to play as if I were going to be a CTR forever.  In the case I was DQ'd, there would be mimimal impact on my career if I were to stay enlisted.  So I PCS'd to GA for a year... in the end it was great, because I met my now wife while in GA.  :)

That being said, if you are selected, it may be worth discussing with your wife and then your enlisted detailer about the possiblity of executing unaccompanied orders while waiting for the commission.  It may be difficult to be detached from the family, but it might be more difficult to relocate twice in the span of a year.  Food for thought.

Guest snipe44

Dq'd for what other than NJP?

Don't stress this detail. If you get selected, you will likely still transfer to C6F. There are a couple reasons for this... Funding for your orders has been allocated and approved, especially if you have hard copy; also, depending on what your commissioning month, there is a significant amount of time between results posting and your commissioning. Any number of things can happen that could disqualify you. When I was selected I was in "A" school going through a rating conversion. At the end of the day, I was told to play as if I were going to be a CTR forever. In the case I was DQ'd, there would be mimimal impact on my career if I were to stay enlisted. So I PCS'd to GA for a year... in the end it was great, because I met my now wife while in GA. :) That being said, if you are selected, it may be worth discussing with your wife and then your enlisted detailer about the possiblity of executing unaccompanied orders while waiting for the commission. It may be difficult to be detached from the family, but it might be more difficult to relocate twice in the span of a year. Food for thought.

Guest snipe44

Hope you're right. But I'm not optimistic.

Bookies could make a killing off NAVADMIN releases, if they only knew. "I'm betting today is the day"

Guest CalyPso79

Morning all, First time applying for 711X, I'm super nervous good thing I have this little commissioning to calm me down. Enjoying the site and knowledge being passed! Good luck to all, commissioning is Saturday so Friday NAVADMIN would be great!

Guest YNC(SS)

Bookies could make a killing off NAVADMIN releases, if they only knew.  "I'm betting today is the day"

It seems most results come out on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I really hope its today.

Guest guy2001

Bookies could make a killing off NAVADMIN releases, if they only knew.  "I'm betting today is the day"

Bookies could what are the odds 100 to 1? I am starting to get less optimistic and waiting for next week but I can't stop hitting F5 on the NPC site. To echo the comments already stated today I really hope its today.

Guest Teeyumcee

To All...

What will be the first thing you do if you are blessed with the honor of becoming a Mustang?

...Word

To All...

Most definitely say a prayer of gratitude then call my wife to share with her.

Guest guy2001

To All...

Call my wife, call my Dad....sneak out of the office before anyone else notices and wait for the phone calls....l

To All...   What will be the first thing you do if you are blessed with the honor of becoming a Mustang?   Me: Drop to my knees in gratitude and probably shed a tear...lol

Thank God, my family, mentors and all shipmates that helped me along the way.

Guest YNC(SS)

To All...

I will probably be too scared to look at the NAVADMIN right away.  The thought of it makes me shake.  I told my wife i would call her at work if I made it, if I didn't I will wait till I get home and tell her. 

Guest Teeyumcee

I tell myself everyday that I'm gonna relax and not think about the results. So.. the first thing I did this morning was roll over grab my phone and pull up this forum. I officially am going 1/8th crazy waiting on these results.

Guest guy2001

I tell myself everyday that I'm gonna relax and not think about the results. So.. the first thing I did this morning was roll over grab my phone and pull up this forum. I officially am going 1/8th crazy waiting on these results.

OMG I told myself I wasn't going to check today but the first thing I did when I came into work was log in here and pull up NPC.....*SIGH* I keep telling myself I am at peace regardless the results and I believe it but then I want the results now. Go back in forth from thinking I am in as a strong candidate to having the jitters and thinking I am not in. The madness will be over soon!