FY16 SELRES CPO Board Thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know why you need a login to get on NPC now?

Couldnt say, I see the same issue.  CAC is not working...... must be down.

I'm on NPC now, although there's only one link under the boards tab and you can't see the usual links

Yup, still goofy.  Those darn IT's.....

Someone run to Walmart, we need new hamsters!

Little bit of wisdom: Knowing it's raining a few miles away and it's headed for you means nothing more than that. Knowing there are or aren't quotas won't change a level thing. If there are some, good, but if you have another zero or an N that needs to be good, too. Takeaway is, you don't need Anchors to help people. Go live life, and help your people. NPC will get the quotas out when they get them out, and all refreshing will do is overload the NPC server.

A denial of service attack on BOL by active duty service members lol.

Guest BearsCubsBullsBlackhawks

I think this Sailors NOSC needs to start his/her phase 2 early!  LOL :D

MMEC

1 Eligible

1 Quota

100.00% Opportunity

First time up for Chief here, I feel that I checked allot of the boxes on the precept. Good luck to the other IT1 on here. I hope to hear good news from you as well. 

MMEC

1 Eligible

1 Quota

100.00% Opportunity

I saw that, I think through out my entire career I never had luck with advancement numbers. Seems like every time im up it drops :), but just made me work much harder.

Lol, let's not jinx whomever the lucky person happens to be

A little backwards but LSC was 100%, we had a super hard chargin first really ready for Chief.............he didn't make board.

Yeah this is my 6th time up made board every time, had a ITC buddy who just made CWO look at my stuff, he told me my chiefs and O's didnt have a clue on evals, and I might be screwed, but a year or two of him helping me square my evals up might help, so im guessing better luck next year. ... tough pill to swallow, when you have a BSIT degree, FCPOA president with 180+ members, the senior 1st in charge of CPO365, along with a whole host of collateral duties and 3 warfare devices as well as CCC school and pin... just sucks, Ive hit all the precepts the past few years but there always seems to be something and I cant figure out what holding me back. Im at that point where I think im going to throw my hat in the LDO ring and just move on in my career that way!

The big mystery of "The Board" process will all ways remain shrouded in mystery....the best advice I was ever given was "Its great to have career goals and aspirations however, we all entered the Navy as civilians and ultimately we will one day be a civilian again.The one thing that will remain with you is the fact that you had the honor to serve your country (and you maximized your retirement pay check)".

Don't get me wrong, I am by no means belittling the fact that I made chief and someone else hasn't. RSVOrdie hit the nail on the head leading Sailors is our mission regardless of what rank we are... I apologize if you took my comment above as I made it and you didn't because by no means am I saying that. I was merely sharing a point of view of a dear friend and mentor who realized at 29 years that there comes a time that you need to balance the well being of your sailors and that of your family (to include the future life post Navy). We (including myself) get so wrapped a round Tue axle about the next and immediate accomplishment that we may pass other opportunities by. My comment above was merely meant to motivite/inspire Papa to go for that commission if that is what he so desires.- sorry for typos and spelling errors, android keyboard and auto correct is not my friend tonight.

MMEC

1 Eligible

1 Quota

100.00% Opportunity

I know him, he deserves it and it isn't his first time up.  Hopefully his record is in order and there isn't a disqualifier in there.